Which NFL team do people root for? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Which NFL team do people root for?

Fly Eagles Fly.

Growing up I was Oilers... Never transferred to the Titans. I do enjoy the Texans, but the Eagles are far and away #1.

Go Pats Go

vomiting-2075-gif.3274

Cowboys , picked em in 68 and never looked back , My brother in law is a Giants fan = die herd . Being from Oneida, the in-law thinks I'm a traitor , all in good humor at least !

I'm a die hard Miami Dolphins fan, stemming from playing for the "Dolphins" as a kid in pop warner football.

Big dropoff, as I don't actively root for other teams. But other teams I have a rooting interest in are the NY Giants and Cleveland Browns [spent 5 years living in NEO, my wife is from Cleveland and a die hard Browns fan].

Alright! A fellow fish fan! I became a Dolphins fan when I was about 6 and my uncles corrupted me, buying me all sorts of Dolphins gear. Needless to say, my father who's a Giants fan was not happy, but kids are strange and once you're a fan there's no turning back. :)

I'm very excited about the team this year. I love the way Philbin runs the team, and Tannehill definitely passed the eye test last year. I like the additions of Wallace and Keller, plus the revamped LB corps is much more suited to defend against the pass, specifically tight ends with speed like Gronk and Hernandez.

As far as the draft, I think there are a lot of ways to succeed for Miami this year. OT, CB and DE are the priorities. Personally, I'd like to see them land Lane Johnson. Shiny new weapons won't do much if Tannehill is on his butt all day. I was really sad to see Jake Long leave, and I don't want to let the o-line start to slip. If they can't move up to snag Johnson, I'd probably go CB, unless one of the top DE's somehow falls (Mingo, Ansah, Jordan).

The one and only Syracuse Orangemen! No other need to apply.

Eagles. One of my first sports memories is the Super Bowl loss to the Raiders. Then suffered through marian Campbell and stars like Anthony Toney, Michael Haddix, Earnest Jackson and Junior Tautilatausi. The Buddy era was great until I matured enough to see that he was just getting Randall killed. Then Kotite and the Izell "Toast" Jenkins era, which is a funny footnote now that it's way in the rear view. Then Ray Rhoades, who got us Trotter but nothing else. Then finally respectability with Andy Reid and McNabb. Then expectations. Now we get to see what's next.

new-york-giants_alternate-logo-1959.jpg

Started off as a Jints fan. When the NY Titans/Jets came along I rooted for them also. Over the next 20 years their fortunes seemed to ebb and flow in opposite directions so it was easy to root for the front runner. From the 80's on it has been Giants only and I treat the Jets as the red headed step child they have become!

Eagles fan since the days of Chuck Bednarik, Tommy MacDonald, Norm van Brocklin, and SU's own Jim Ringo. Would love to see at least one Orangeman become an Eagle sometime in the next few days!

So, it seems like the majority response is Eagles? I can kind of understand that I guess, what with Donovan and all. And then the next is the Dolphins?? What? I don't get it. My uncle is a Dolphins fan too. Never understood it.

The team plays in Florida. Maybe most fans here live in Florida? So does that mean retirement homes in West Palm Beach?

Grew up in Syracuse, have lived near Buffalo for the last 10 years, but grew up and still am a New York Giants fan. I might become a little more of a Bills fan now that Marrone is here, but dang they need to change that stupid, outdated logo.

Giants but they are behind the football orange in my pecking order.

everyone picked the dolphins because they were all glory chasers born in the 1960's.

everyone picked the dolphins because they were all glory chasers born in the 1960's.

Ha, yeah, I was always stunned at how many Dolphins fans I met who grew up in CNY when I was in Syracuse.

Bandwagon.jpg

uspw_6474360-e1344573734591-420x416.jpg

Because I'm from...

DSCN0083.jpg
so what is it? is foxborough the throwback name and foxboro the hip 80s one?

or do you guys think its wicked cool to change the spelling every 20 years or so??

:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom