Which NFL team do people root for? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Which NFL team do people root for?

After the Giants almost beat them in week 17, they shouldn't have been viewed that way. I was very worried about that game personally.

Wish Asante Samuel didn't suck.
Did Brady even start that game in week 17?

I have a hard time believing a 1 seed Patriots would put in 100% effort on a week 17 game against a what... was it 9-7 Giants? I'll look.

Edit: 10-6

Bills for the first 6 games... Giants for the next 10 games.

That's actually pretty funny.

Sent using my Commodore 64

The only thing worse than the Pats are their obnoxious fans.

I was born after the 60s.

People take things wayyy too seriously.

One thing I like about being a Boston fan, we're great at putting people on.

Kaiser gets it.

Did Brady even start that game in week 17?

I have a hard time believing a 1 seed Patriots would put in 100% effort on a week 17 game against a what... was it 9-7 Giants? I'll look.

Edit: 10-6

Wow.

Just, wow.

People take things wayyy too seriously.

One thing I like about being a Boston fan, we're great at putting people on.

Kaiser gets it.

A thread like this is all about banter and smack talking. Fine tune that sarcasm detector.

Were you alive for that?

I don't celebrate the Celtics title from 1957.

Guess I should.

SCOREBOARD!

Cousy.jpg

A thread like this is all about banter and smack talking. Fine tune that sarcasm detector.

I get it, from you.

It's the others that scare me.

Were you alive for that?

I don't celebrate the Celtics title from 1957.

Guess I should.

SCOREBOARD!

Cousy.jpg

What does it matter whether i was alive for it or not? A fan celebrates a team's history...not just the present...by the way what do the Celtics have to do with an NFL thread?

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Tampa Bay Bucs. I lived in Tampa from 1979 till 1998 and had season tickets for most of those years...including the real horrible early years!
images

images

I'm from Cleveland.

High School Colors: Orange and Brown
College Colors: Orange and Blue
NFL Colors: Orange and Brown

I just can't get enough of the color Orange, I guess.

Full Disclosure: I wasn't even close to being alive when Jim Brown was playing.

I'm a die hard Miami Dolphins fan, stemming from playing for the "Dolphins" as a kid in pop warner football.

Big dropoff, as I don't actively root for other teams. But other teams I have a rooting interest in are the NY Giants and Cleveland Browns [spent 5 years living in NEO, my wife is from Cleveland and a die hard Browns fan].

I'm an SU fan and follow SU players in the pros. If an SU player becomes "the face of a franchise" I will likely find myself rooting for that team, even after the SU leaves. But this doesn't always "take". I also might follow a team if they have a history of taking SU players. Geography doesn't mean anything to me. New York City and Boston, Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh or Cleveland or Detroit- no difference to me. I live in Syracuse. Even the teams I root for I don't do passionately because they aren't Syracuse. There's no since of identity, of putting "us" on the map. It's just more fun to be rooting for a team than to have no team.

Historically:

- I grew up as a Browns fan because of Jim Brown and Ernie Davis. I also kind of liked the Colts and the Chargers, not really because of John Mackey and Walt Sweeney but because I liked their uniforms and they were exciting, successful teams. If Ernie had signed with the Bills, (who drafted him for the AFL)- and he would have if George Preston Marshall had not been forced to trade the pick to Cleveland and if Ernie had been able to play, (he's have been in the backfield with Cookie Gilchrist on what would have been some incredible Bills teams), I probably would have become a Bills fan, as so many in this area are. But it didn't happen and the Bills have always been just another team to me.

- I found myself rooting for the Broncos and the Dolphins when Floyd Little and Larry Csonka went there and those teams began winning. Why didn't I root for the Patriots and Jim Nance? I don't know. It just didn't 'take'. I kept rooting for the Browns, Dolphins and Broncos for years after Brown, Little and Csonka retired, just because they were still winning and it was still fun. It was frustrating because they were all in the AFC so I never had a "lock" on the Super Bowl, although I did on the AFC title game in several seasons. Why didn't i root for the Redskins and Art Monk or the Giants and Joe Morris. Again, for some reason it just didn't "take".

- Eventually those teams faded and my enthusiasm for them did as well. But when the Eagles drafted Donovan McNabb I got interested in them. They were also a distinguished NFL franchise that hadn't won a title in decades, so I spent the last decade rooting for McNabb and the Eagles. I also became a fan of the Colts because they used a lot of ex-SU players, including Marvin Harrison and Dwight Freeney. I also liked Peyton Manning. Now I had a chance for a Super Bowl 'lock' and both the Eagles and Colts made it but not in the same year. :mad:

- I've tried to be a Giant fan due to Tom Coughlin and rooted for them vs. the Patriots but, somehow, it hasn't taken - yet, despite the demands of Kaiser UEO.

- With McNabb leaving Philly and Manning leaving Indy, I became something of a "free agent". I couldn't connect to Washington or Minnesota, both because the teams were bad and I thought Donovan got treated badly there. But Manning's resurrection in Denver, a team I rooted for for years re-ignited that interest, (I won't use the term "loyalty" for reasons that must be clear). As long as they are winning, I'll be following them. But I'm still in the market for an NFC team.

If any of my old teams get good again, I suspect I'll be rooting for them.

Vikings all the way! Grew up in Bismarck, ND and idolized Dave Osborn, Chuck Foreman, Alan Page, Bob Grim. Now its All Day AP!

My favorite all-time post was the one I made the instant Super Bowl 42 ended. The title was "clink", like the sound of champagne glasses coming together and the post itself consisted of this image:
p-493043-jim-kiick-larry-csonka-unsigned-sports-illustrated-magazine-august-7-1972-hc-sghuzawyaa.jpg

I'm a die hard Miami Dolphins fan, stemming from playing for the "Dolphins" as a kid in pop warner football.

Big dropoff, as I don't actively root for other teams. But other teams I have a rooting interest in are the NY Giants and Cleveland Browns [spent 5 years living in NEO, my wife is from Cleveland and a die hard Browns fan].

Eagles + whichever team has the most Syracuse players.

Started follwing the birds when McNabb got drafted and Dawkins is/was one of my all time favorite players but since both are gone my passion in cheering for any NFL team is waning. If the Eagles draft Nassib or #Shamarko I may step back on the band wagon though.

I originally rooted for the Baltimore Colts, because I lived in Baltimore and Tom Matte and a bunch of other players lived in my town. After becoming an SU fan I became a fan of the Denver Broncos and Miami Dolphins (basically because of Floyd Little and Larry Csonka). The only variation from this theme came when I went to college in Pittsburgh and became a Steelers fans for a decade or so. Loved the Joe Morris Giants. Also rooted for the Dwight Freeney/Marvin Harrison Colts, Keith Bullock Titans, Donovan McNabb Eagles, Tebucky Jones Patriots and, most recently, Art Jones Ravens.

Basically, I don't particularly care for the NFL and I have no loyalty to NFL teams, but I do have loyalty to SU players and will adopt the team of a SU alum that happens to be doing well and plays an interesting brand of ball. In my ideal world Orange alums would populate all 32 NFL teams and I could be a fan of the Super Bowl champ every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom