Who are your most disliked teams? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who are your most disliked teams?

We don't play our traditional rivals enough anymore
This is the challenge. There are programs I really dislike, but most of them aren't regular opponents of ours. We've been mostly lousy since we joined the ACC so we haven't been able to build up any really competitive series that would unleash the hate.

I'm looking forward to the new scheduling format so we can play VaTech every other year. They're a program and fan base that's easy to hate.

Ped State & Notre Lame. Few things I enjoy more than going to their boards after they lose.

Makes me feel better about myself.

Briefly.

I’ve gone to something like 50 different venues following Syracuse football; the only place I didn’t enjoy was UConn. On both the football and basketball side, a significant enough portion of their fan base are barbarians unfit to live in a civilized society that it cannot be overlooked or minimized with an “all fan bases have bad fans” mentality.

I can’t work up the same contempt for Rutgers; the few fans they have are mostly just ridiculous. They’re like the jester; the comic relief in the college sports landscape. So I’d say UConn is the only school I truly hate.

I just don't get why everyone does not list Pitt here, at least among their top 2-3.

First of all, we play them every year (and will continue to do so) and they've really had our number, winning 15 of the last 17 meetings. Yes, only two wins in the series since 2005 (by a total of four points!).

A peer school that has our number on the recruiting trail (even in CNY & WNY) with an annoying, self-important, head coach, who has no self-awareness and is nothing more than a gym teacher if you ask me.

The more I think about this, anyone who does not list Pitt among their top 2-3 is simply a casual Syracuse football fan. Anyone with any level of investment in our program (not talking monetarily in this instance) would not grip about Miami, PSU and Notre Dame, who we play so infrequently.
They cost us a bowl last year and in 2019. We didn't even beat them in 2018 with our best team in a decade.

Seriously F Pitt!

I don't get all of the posts having Rutgers on their list. I know their fans are annoying but their program has been trash forever. Rutgers has only won 13 out 45 contest against SU. It is not a rivalry or even a game most SU fans care about if they are on the schedule. Having Rutgers on this list just shows how bad SU has been the last 20 years that there are fans that despise a non relevant football program. I think of Rutgers the way Ped State thinks of SU, they hardly know we exist and have other programs they feel are peer programs.

Last edited:
I don't get all of the posts having Rutgers on their list. I know their fans are annoying but their program has been trash forever. Rutgers has only won 13 out 45 contest against SU. It is not a rivalry or even a game most SU fans care about if they are on the schedule. I think of Rutgers the way Ped State thinks of SU. :confused:
THIS. How can you hate a program that is irrelevant since the beginning of time? That makes us look incredibly insecure. Their fans are annoying and Schiano is a tool, but hate?

It was Va Tech, for me, from like 97-??

Now? I honestly don't have strong opinions for anyone.

I don't get all of the posts having Rutgers on their list. I know their fans are annoying but their program has been trash forever. Rutgers has only won 13 out 45 contest against SU. It is not a rivalry or even a game most SU fans care about if they are on the schedule. Having Rutgers on this list just shows how bad SU has been the last 20 years that there are fans that despise a non relevant football program. I think of Rutgers the way Ped State thinks of SU, they hardly know we exist and have other programs they feel are peer programs.
For me it’s mostly about Schiano. I’m not a violent person. But he just looks/acts like someone who needed a good ass kicking at some point in his early life.

Miami. I remember the teams in the 90's that were so unsportsmanlike that the NCAA put in rules to stop that belligerent behavior.
Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were the beginning of the PC movement. What are sports without an intense dislike for a common enemy? What is Rocky without Apollo Creed?

wish they’d do away with that rule. Hate the babysitting.

Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were the beginning of the PC movement. What are sports without an intense dislike for a common enemy? What is Rocky without Apollo Creed?

wish they’d do away with that rule. Hate the babysitting.
There are different schools of thought on this. But when the NCAA AND Miami U itself was speaking out against it, pretty fair to say it was an issue. Miami hated how Johnson and company was representing their school but they enjoyed the national exposure so it was an uneasy relationship of strange bedfellows.

It was Va Tech, for me, from like 97-??

Now? I honestly don't have strong opinions for anyone.
VT was way higher on my list when I was living in the DC area...now they and their fans are an afterthought.

Let's put this in categories:

Loathe- Texas, Nebraska, Ped State, Georgetown

Hate- Oklahoma State, BC, USC, Duke, Pitt, Rutgers, VT, UConn

Strong dislike- ND, FSU, NC State, Louisville, Miami, Ohio St.

any non P5 team that has beaten us in basketball or football in my existence. Not sure why but it drives me crazy. St. Bonaventure fans (all 15 of them) seem to talk a lotta chit on Twitter too, which pisses me off.

I also get banned from tiger net every year, so maybe Clemson too (they’re just fun to clown with, though).
St. Bonaventure gets as much of my attention as a fart in a wind tunnel.

I’ve gone to something like 50 different venues following Syracuse football; the only place I didn’t enjoy was UConn. On both the football and basketball side, a significant enough portion of their fan base are barbarians unfit to live in a civilized society that it cannot be overlooked or minimized with an “all fan bases have bad fans” mentality.

I can’t work up the same contempt for Rutgers; the few fans they have are mostly just ridiculous. They’re like the jester; the comic relief in the college sports landscape. So I’d say UConn is the only school I truly hate.
If you lived in NJ during the 2000s, you would absolutely hate Rutgers. Their "fans" came out of nowhere and thought they were the equal to Bama because they beat UofL on a Thursday night once.
The arrogance they took from one decent season was simultaneously contemptible and laughable.

VaTech (screwed us out of ACC membership, and the ugliest uniform colors of all time)

Oregon

Rutgers

NC State

Louisville

Basketball and lacrosse would be different lists.

Ped State
Notre Dame
VT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors