Who are your most disliked teams? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Who are your most disliked teams?

1. Va Tech (just hate them!!!)
2. Ohio State
3. ND (always overrated)
4. Tenn
5. Oregon (pickles)
6. USC
7. Clemson (their hate is growing on me)

Ohio State, Penn State, Miami, NC State, VT, Maryland and Rutgers

Teams I pretty much hope they lose anytime I flip a game and they're on TV - Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, USC and Oregon.

Too hard to list all FBS and FCS teams, so keeping it just to the ACC...

NC State
Louisville
VA Tech
BC
Duke
FSU
Miami
Clemson
UNC
Wake
Pitt
Notre Dame
UVA
GA Tech

I would say I dislike the first 12 teams. I guess when you dislike pretty much your entire schedule, it makes every game count.

OOC I will do the Northeastern teams...

Rutgers
UConn
West Virginia
Penn State
Maryland
UMass
Marshall
Buffalo
Temple
Navy
Army

Top half of the list I dislike. The bottom half I am indifferent.

I don't get all of the posts having Rutgers on their list. I know their fans are annoying but their program has been trash forever. Rutgers has only won 13 out 45 contest against SU. It is not a rivalry or even a game most SU fans care about if they are on the schedule. Having Rutgers on this list just shows how bad SU has been the last 20 years that there are fans that despise a non relevant football program. I think of Rutgers the way Ped State thinks of SU, they hardly know we exist and have other programs they feel are peer programs.
Because Schiano and their fans are nothing but giant Sh..burgers. Their ADs are borderline criminal. They steal from the state, AND they are regional recruiting rivals. F' em.

Also 20 years is 1/2 or more of some people's lives on this board.

I just don't get why everyone does not list Pitt here, at least among their top 2-3.

First of all, we play them every year (and will continue to do so) and they've really had our number, winning 15 of the last 17 meetings. Yes, only two wins in the series since 2005 (by a total of four points!).

A peer school that has our number on the recruiting trail (even in CNY & WNY) with an annoying, self-important, head coach, who has no self-awareness and is nothing more than a gym teacher if you ask me.

The more I think about this, anyone who does not list Pitt among their top 2-3 is simply a casual Syracuse football fan. Anyone with any level of investment in our program (not talking monetarily in this instance) would not grip about Miami, PSU and Notre Dame, who we play so infrequently.
There are no wrong answers in this thread.

That said -

I question the eye sight, rationality and depth of resentment of any fan who does not say Pitt first.

Pitt is just the worst of all things.

I take it back, the only right answer is pitt

There are no wrong answers in this thread.

That said -

I question the eye sight, rationality and depth of resentment of any fan who does not say Pitt first.

Pitt is just the worst of all things.

I take it back, the only right answer is pitt

They are more hatable with Narddog. I hate that they benefitted from being in the Coastal all this time. But that isn't their fault. But as a program, or fanbase, why hate Pitt football? BBall I get.

They are more hatable with Narddog. I hate that they benefitted from being in the Coastal all this time. But that isn't their fault. But as a program, or fanbase, why hate Pitt football? BBall I get.
I feel like I was born resentful of Pitt. But they have absolutely dominated us on and off the field nearly my entire lifetime. They out recruit us in 50% of our own state. Their coach is a turd. They dont really even have a fan base. They really never overachieve as a program. They’re just there as a brickwall for Syracuse to bash their head into. I see them as the clear visible next obstacle separating us from a return to relevance. Gotta handle our business vs pitt and bc more than every so often.

Last edited:
Football related

#1. BIG TEN (All)
#2. Notre Dame
#3. SEC (All)

This is how I decide. I don't know the reasons per se however, if I turn on the TV and catch other scores, I giggle anytime Pitt is losing. Therefore, I hate them. I just accept it.

I feel like I was born resentful of Pitt. But they have absolutely dominated us on and off the field nearly my entire lifetime. They out recruit us in 50% of our own state. Their coach is a turd. They dont really even have a fan base. They really never overachieve as a program. They’re just there as a brickwall for Syracuse to bash their head into. I see them as the clear visible next obstacle separating us from a return to relevance. Gotta handle our business vs pitt and bc more than every so often.

I feel like more of those issues is our fault vs Pitt being a thorn in our side. Last season was the first season since 2009 that they finished ranked. From 2010 through 2020 their best record was 8-5, while their worst record was 5-7. They have been completely medicore. In ACC play prior to last season, their avg record was 4.5 Ws and 3.75 Ls. This year is more of the same. The fact that we have been way worse then them isn't because they are achieving great things.

Everyone should hate Pitt to some degree. But having them be one of the most hated is a bit much IMO.

I feel like more of those issues is our fault vs Pitt being a thorn in our side. Last season was the first season since 2009 that they finished ranked. From 2010 through 2020 their best record was 8-5, while their worst record was 5-7. They have been completely medicore. In ACC play prior to last season, their avg record was 4.5 Ws and 3.75 Ls. This year is more of the same. The fact that we have been way worse then them isn't because they are achieving great things.

Everyone should hate Pitt to some degree. But having them be one of the most hated is a bit much IMO.
Exactly, they’re an average team that often is only above average when they play us. Which in itself is annoying. That 2018 team of there’s was average at best and a good example

Why are you bringing rational thought into this process? We don't have a true rival so irrational hate is going to have to do for now!. Seriously...F Pitt! :cool:

VT (my most disliked team in the old BigEast days)
Pitt
Rutgers
ND
Clemson (is rising fast on my list due to a large part of their fan base)

If we get back to where we were, we are a tremendous threat to Clemson and we are coming back. The king can’t be king forever. Look at where FSU, Nebraska, etc. are now.

P.S. Without Micheal Vick, VT would not be considered were they are on the football pecking order. Their stock is dropping fast to where they were pre Vick now.

Gonna go with
1. Louisville - Annoying as ****, dirty, unearned cockiness, and did I mention dirty as ****.
2. Pitt - Nard Dog sucks, plus they always beat us in weird and frustrating ways.
3. Liberty - I dislike them for reasons I won't elaborate on
4. OSU - Annoying.
5. Michigan - Annoying but slightly less so.
6. Bama - It's Bama.
7. Clemson - I don't hate them as much as I really, really wanna beat them.
8. Texas A&M - Weird cultists
9. LSU - basically just because of Brian Kelly, screw that guy.
10. FSU - See Clemson.

A decade ago I would've had Rutgers on here but they're too pathetic to feel much hatred towards them at this point.

Last edited:
Gonna go with
1. Louisville - Annoying as ****, dirty, unearned cockiness, and did I mention dirty as ****.
2. Pitt - Nard Dog sucks, plus they always beat us in weird and frustrating ways.
3. Liberty - Weird cultists, mickey mouse university for religious extremists.
4. OSU - Annoying.
5. Michigan - Annoying but slightly less so.
6. Bama - It's Bama.
7. Clemson - I don't hate them as much as I really, really wanna beat them.
8. Texas A&M - Also weird cultists but less harmful than Liberty.
9. LSU - basically just because of Brian Kelly, screw that guy.
10. FSU - See Clemson.

A decade ago I would've had Rutgers on here but they're too pathetic to feel much hatred towards them at this point.
The shade about Liberty wasn’t necessary.

It’s a list of one - Penn State.

I try not to talk about religion, politics, etc. in social settings. I will always remind people of what Sandusky did, how Paterno was aware of it and allowed it, and how the majority (or at least a very vocal, significant portion) of PSU’s employees, alumni, and fan base tried to minimize what happened and get society to move on as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
1 Rutgers 2 Clemson (I’m an OG on this) 3 Louisville 4 NC State 5 Penn State 6 Notre Dame 7 OSU 8 Michigan 9 Bama 10 WVU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom