Who could Syracuse basketball face in the 2019-20 ACC/Big Ten Challenge? | Syracusefan.com

Who could Syracuse basketball face in the 2019-20 ACC/Big Ten Challenge?

As an FYI, a Maryland poster who frequents our board and is "in the know" there said that Maryland has been told that they're getting a home game again this year due to some sort of fix to the Challenge's scheduling set-up.

As an FYI, a Maryland poster who frequents our board and is "in the know" there said that Maryland has been told that they're getting a home game again this year due to some sort of fix to the Challenge's scheduling set-up.
Duke does this a lot as well.
Duke has played 9 home games and 7 road games with neutral site games as well.

I doubt we are on the road 2 years in a row since we agreed to play at Georgetown this year.
Somebody like Virginia Tech who lost their coach and team could be given the short straw and be told go on the road again like they did last year.

Duke does this a lot as well.
Duke has played 9 home games and 7 road games with neutral site games as well.

I doubt we are on the road 2 years in a row since we agreed to play at Georgetown this year.
Somebody like Virginia Tech who lost their coach and team could be given the short straw and be told go on the road again like they did last year.
A lot of folks on our board have resigned themselves to the worst case scenario - a second-in-a-row road game, this time at Wisconsin, and once again up against MNF.

A lot of folks on our board have resigned themselves to the worst case scenario - a second-in-a-row road game, this time at Wisconsin, and once again up against MNF.
I cannot believe that the defending national champs are going to get that treatment. I think Alsacs has a better theory with the Hokies getting the shaft.

Hard to imagine Syracuse playing in the DC area twice in one month, but if ESPN feltthey had to put Syracuse at a B1G venue, that one would create some buzz, especially among SU alums living in the DC metro area.

You guys will likely play Purdue one way or the other.
Both teams played on the road last year but Purdue should travel to the Champs.

I cannot believe that the defending national champs are going to get that treatment. I think Alsacs has a better theory with the Hokies getting the shaft.

Hard to imagine Syracuse playing in the DC area twice in one month, but if ESPN felt they had to put Syracuse at a B1G venue, that one would create some buzz, especially among SU alums living in the DC metro area.
With the key personnel losses, most of our posters think we'll be the preseason #5 at best. (Off the top of my head, I remember that UNC, dook, and Louavul are definitely seen as ahead of us.) We'd have a better argument for getting a good match-up and time slot if Hunter was the only one who left early. The only question I have about matching us up against Purdue (which would have a huge storyline) is whether Purdue would be viewed as a higher preseason "seed" that should get a higher viz opponent.

With the key personnel losses, most of our posters think we'll be the preseason #5 at best. (Off the top of my head, I remember that UNC, dook, and Louavul are definitely seen as ahead of us.) We'd have a better argument for getting a good match-up and time slot if Hunter was the only one who left early. The only question I have about matching us up against Purdue (which would have a huge storyline) is whether Purdue would be viewed as a higher preseason "seed" that should get a higher viz opponent.
I think ESPN is going to lean towards interesting matchups than trying to get the highest ranked teams to match up head to head. That seems to be how it has worked in the past...

Northwestern. It will be a horrid night for color. Purple so clashes with orange.

Northwestern. It will be a horrid night for color. Purple so clashes with orange.
And they are two of the rare words in the English language with which nothing rhymes. Another is silver. Odd that they are all colors

Last edited:
And they are two of the rare words in the English language with which nothing rhymes. Another is silver. Odd that they are all colors

Hirple and curple rhyme with purple.

You might have to hirple when you bust your curple and it turns purple.

It took a life-long ACC fan to figure out where I was going with this.
They're part of the "blue and orange" chain in the Southeast. UVa got the colors from Oxford. Auburn got the colors from UVa. Clemson got the colors from Auburn (with a faded blue that looked purple). And Florida got them from a UVa knickknack vendor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom