who else gets to break our heart tonight? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

who else gets to break our heart tonight?

I like our chances on both, Laray to UConn is unlikely if its not us its IU and thats because he has decided to focus more on track.

akeem jones is also deciding between cuse and marshall tommorrow

Simeon Thomas didn't visit here but we'll have a hat on the table and stranger things have happened.

Laray won't come here unless there is some serious pressure put on him by his parents and others who want him to stay close.

Don't see either happening.

Heard Laray has gone back and forth, not saying hes ours but its closer then you think.

Simeon Thomas didn't visit here but we'll have a hat on the table and stranger things have happened.

Laray won't come here unless there is some serious pressure put on him by his parents and others who want him to stay close.

Don't see either happening.

nope. me either. thomas was definitely rubbed wrong. i definitely didn't expect us to strike out. i was hoping for spearman or singleton. I think we lose Brown as well. Could be a tough day

akeem jones is also deciding between cuse and marshall tommorrow

Interesting, could be a good prospect to move to another position. Its to bad were not getting a RB (outside of possibly Laray) woudl allow us to move Macfarlane to LB where he belongs.

Linebacker is definitely a huge need. Currently Vigille will be a redshirt sophomore and Washington a redshirt freshman. I may be wrong but I think these are the only two linebackers in those respective classes (cam and Dyshawn will be true juniors). After watching this defense the last four years I can not fathom why a kid would not want to play linebacker in it. The defense is set up for linebackers to make plays, especially with the blitzing.
I doubt kids even watch that kinda stuff. Especially those contacted after the season is over.

I think we have to give the coaches credit for closing out this class pretty strongly. Sure, we missed on a few guys we have been recruiting for a few weeks. But the staff has managed to bring in multiple 3 star prospects including both Coreys, Scissum,Brisly and now Moore. ESPN the only site to actually provide a scouting report for each recruit has all but 3 of our guys as 3 stars. Look at the bright side here. Maybe we will get a surprise tomorrow and we will see what the staff is really made of in 2014. I bet we are a top 40 class next year.

do we have anybackups that could choose us or do we hold the ships from spearman,singleton and vercher for next yr?

Other than Laray Smith, Simeon Thomas, Coley and Akeem who is left that is a possibility ?

do we have anybackups that could choose us or do we hold the ships from spearman,singleton and vercher for next yr?

Maybe one project kid but I think we would pocket most of them.

Id be happy if we hold Brown tomorrow even if we dont sign anybody else. I think if we sign anybody else its just Gravy. Losing Brown would be a hit but even at that, I think the staff did a nice job considering all they had to deal with

with whats left out there i really hope they just pocket the scholarships. with hopefully another successful year in the acc, and a whole recruiting cycle i think this staff can do damage. don't throw them away on projects, not worth it

after losing out on spearman, singleton, and vercher we are definitely going to finish the class with significantly less talent. if you look at the guys we lost (allen, carter, gus, laray (he was ours), and possibly brown, compared to what we gained. this was not a good year at all.

after losing out on spearman, singleton, and vercher we are definitely going to finish the class with significantly less talent. if you look at the guys we lost (allen, carter, gus, laray (he was ours), and possibly brown, compared to what we gained. this was not a good year at all.

We were on those guys too late in the game. They were never a thought before HCSS took over. They were up on the radar in less than a month. I think a full year we will be a more serious force on the recruiting trails

We were on those guys too late in the game. They were never a thought before HCSS took over. They were up on the radar in less than a month. I think a full year we will be a more serious force on the recruiting trails

I agree. I think some on here seem to forget that this staff has not only been able to hold on to the core of this recruiting class but bring in six recruits that Syracuse had no contact with at all prior to January. Not too shabby.

we have heard that with every staff including g-robs.
GRob landed a few.. including the core of which led us to the Pinstripe this past season...

Wow.

Without the new staff no body here would have ever heard of Kendall Moore or Reggie Spearman! Just getting them on campus was a herculean accomplishment...not to mention that we got a commit from a player at a position of need.

Other than Laray Smith, Simeon Thomas, Coley and Akeem who is left that is a possibility ?
338798_o.gif

Cocaine's a hell of a drug

I agree. I think some on here seem to forget that this staff has not only been able to hold on to the core of this recruiting class but bring in six recruits that Syracuse had no contact with at all prior to January. Not too shabby.

this is nothing against the new staff at all. they did the best with what they were dealt, and am happy with what they were able to do. but let's not kid ourselves this class to what would have been is a downgrade is all i'm saying. and we held onto the core of the class? we held on to 3 original HS recruits, the rest were juco's who already signed there LOI. This is nothing negative towards the new staff, i'm just facing the facts. we lost kids to FSU/Miami, Rutgers, TCU, and then whatever Laray and Brown decide.

Wow.

Without the new staff no body here would have ever heard of Kendall Moore or Reggie Spearman! Just getting them on campus was a herculean accomplishment...not to mention that we got a commit from a player at a position of need.

i wouldn't call it a Herculean effort getting Moore on campus, but ok. like i said we lost some quality kids, to quality programs. not this staffs fault at all. just saying it is a downgrade. this staff should be able to do great with a whole recruiting cycle. i don't get what the wow was for?

i wouldn't call it a Herculean effort getting Moore on campus, but ok. like i said we lost some quality kids, to quality programs. not this staffs fault at all. just saying it is a downgrade. this staff should be able to do great with a whole recruiting cycle. i don't get what the wow was for?
Downgrade according to whom? You?

Downgrade according to whom? You?

or those hated recruiting sites that nobody seems to believe in.

lets see

Devan Carter - Rutgers Scissum - From ODU
Gus Edwards - FSU/Miami Winfield - From NIU
Zach Allen - TCU Kimble - From NIU
LaRay - IU?
Brown - Tenn?

I don't know about you, but I would rather have had the kids we lost to flips, then the flips we got.

or those hated recruiting sites that nobody seems to believe in.

lets see

Devan Carter - Rutgers Scissum - From ODU
Gus Edwards - FSU/Miami Winfield - From NIU
Zach Allen - TCU Kimble - From NIU
LaRay - IU?
Brown - Tenn?

I don't know about you, but I would rather have had the kids we lost to flips, then the flips we got.

Why did you leave out Cooper? And or Moore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom