who else gets to break our heart tonight? | Syracusefan.com

who else gets to break our heart tonight?

What I had heard last night was:

Moore was to commit first, followed shortly by Spearman. Moore was wowed with us, Spearman had a very good time. The staff was confident they were going to get a package deal.

Spearman pulling his stunt was a dick move - just pick a hat ... we are not Iowa's ri va ls. Have fun tipping cows in the cornfield.

Give this staff some time and the Cuse will win some bigtime recruits.

These package deals never seem to materialize. Kids talk about it but rarely do it, especially at Syracuse.

No more tonight. Fully expect more disappointment tomorrow.

Linebackers are easier to find than good offensive tackles. Not likely he was going to break the 2 deep at linebacker in the next couple of years. Tackle was a real position of need in my opinion.

Good point and Moore will be a good one. OU saw something in him to offer.

Linebackers are easier to find than good offensive tackles. Not likely he was going to break the 2 deep at linebacker in the next couple of years. Tackle was a real position of need in my opinion.

huh?? we don't have any LB's, and if he used his red shirt next year there is a good chance he would have been a 4 yr starter, and an injury away from major pt next yr? LB is our biggest need

not to mention the kid was promised that they would try him at TE first before moving to OT. Lets not sugar coat this. it's a major disappointment for us, he was easily our #1 guy left on board, especially after Carter de-commit

Sucks that they grabbed him at the last minute. I thought for sure he would commit here.

Hopefully the new staff can recruit as well as we think they can. We're going to have to recruit better if we want to challenge for the ACC title. But the problems that have caused this have been well documented. We have the talent to win seven or eight games. It's going to take an extra effort in recruiting to take the next step.

Malik Brown @ 12 too

Not feeling great about him. Feel better about Thomas and Laray. If its about football Laray will announce here if its track IU.

Thomas/Smith
Assuming that's Simeon and and Laray? What's the probability...I know Laray may end up being a long shot with what Ive seen is UConn and what's the deal with Simeon, s c o u t says we are high on him.

Assuming that's Simeon and and Laray? What's the probability...I know Laray may end up being a long shot with what Ive seen is UConn and what's the deal with Simeon, s c o u t says we are high on him.

I like our chances on both, Laray to UConn is unlikely if its not us its IU and thats because he has decided to focus more on track.

I too am quite disappointed that we're not landing Spearman. He moved to the very top of my must-get list following Carter's decommit. We are now incredibly thin in the category of young linebackers - just Washington and Hodge (provided of course that he signs tomorrow) from the last 2 classes, unless there are some position changes in the works.

huh?? we don't have any LB's, and if he used his red shirt next year there is a good chance he would have been a 4 yr starter, and an injury away from major pt next yr? LB is our biggest need

Linebacker is definitely a huge need. Currently Vigille will be a redshirt sophomore and Washington a redshirt freshman. I may be wrong but I think these are the only two linebackers in those respective classes (cam and Dyshawn will be true juniors). After watching this defense the last four years I can not fathom why a kid would not want to play linebacker in it. The defense is set up for linebackers to make plays, especially with the blitzing.

Simeon Thomas didn't visit here but we'll have a hat on the table and stranger things have happened.

Laray won't come here unless there is some serious pressure put on him by his parents and others who want him to stay close.

Don't see either happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom