Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

How much confidence do you have in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is coach Guthridge in your scenario?
Now? Not even sure it matters anymore. I picture JB staying until they take him out on a stretcher.

hop would be crazy to come back here~~~why would he do such a thing.

It's too bad JB will never retire because our opinions really don't matter but pretty safe to say we would be better shape say JB retired 3 years ago and hop took over. All that said, still have to wait and see who actually replaces JB to see if we would have been better off with Hop or not long term. Hop has been really really good for sure but sooner or later he has to get to the tournament and make a run, next couple years

Good news is that Wildhack won't stand for mediocrity from the b-ball program. The dude prior to him didn't seem like he could care less.
Standing by this take still Hak?

I do. Because we will run more. I think Hop will restore the true identity of SU basketball, which is get up and down the floor, athletic, fast-break basketball. We've fallen in love with ourselves and the mystique of the zone. We are a program now defined by defense. And we've had a good deal of success with it (3 F4 in 13 years).

But the unintended consequence is that we've narrowed our margin of error. Let's allow our talent to dictate the program’s margin of error, instead of our opponent’s unfamiliarity with the zone. I think it will happen over time, with Hop. It wont always be smooth, but he's the man for the job.

Just my worthless opinion.
On the money, then and now.

Hop will be fine. He needs to add one top flight recruiter. I actually think that we end up dancing and doing well.
At this point just replace Hop with Red.

I tend to agree with you as well.

I won't say never, but I find the possibility very unlikely.
Go back and read Tomcats post in this thread. Spot on. Its such a shame Jim didnt retire as he had agreed to.

Hop going back to you guys is slim to none. That ship has sailed. Obviously there is always a chance as that is home, but from what I’ve heard, he really enjoys Seattle. No offense to Syracuse, but Seattle blows it out of the water.

Seattle is a hot bed for basketball talent and he already has the east coast pipeline. Combine those two and he can recruit with the best as shown with this past class that had two five star guys.

The better measure for Hop will be next season as the cabinet will be pretty empty. Stewart and McDaniels will likely be gone and they basically have no one signed for next year. If he can get them in the tourney next season then that will say a lot about him as a coach.

Hop going back to you guys is slim to none. That ship has sailed. Obviously there is always a chance as that is home, but from what I’ve heard, he really enjoys Seattle. No offense to Syracuse, but Seattle blows it out of the water.

Seattle is a hot bed for basketball talent and he already has the east coast pipeline. Combine those two and he can recruit with the best as shown with this past class that had two five star guys.

The better measure for Hop will be next season as the cabinet will be pretty empty. Stewart and McDaniels will likely be gone and they basically have no one signed for next year. If he can get them in the tourney next season then that will say a lot about him as a coach.
Roy Williams left Kansas for North Carolina.
Alma mater’s matter.
The more Syracuse sinks it actually increases the odds Syracuse would go Godfather offer to Hopkins.

If/when JB retires how the program is will affect the sell to Hopkins. Washington fans should be hoping Syracuse doesn’t sink to below NIT level.

Roy Williams left Kansas for North Carolina.
Alma mater’s matter.
The more Syracuse sinks it actually increases the odds Syracuse would go Godfather offer to Hopkins.

If/when JB retires how the program is will affect the sell to Hopkins. Washington fans should be hoping Syracuse doesn’t sink to below NIT level.
A Syracuse godfather offer would be a year's worth of Dinosaur BBQ BOGO happy hour coupons

Last edited:

You hope. But like everybody else, you truly have no idea. Stop acting like you’re teaching us something.

He’s baaaaaaack lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors