Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

How much confidence do you have in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the chancellor should get some blame, too. The three-year phased retirement after sanctions came from his office, so for him to wash his hands of that and leave Wildhack with the blame for the nonsense last March is weak, in my opinion.

This was an abdication of leadership and I'm concerned it's going to be remembered for years to come.
Wildhack is the AD, not the chancellor and he wasn't here when that contract took place. If the chancellor wants the final say on a decision that important, I think any AD would quit.

The players he’s coaching won 11 games last year with the number one draft pick. He’s got them contending for the PAC 12 title.
I’m tired of hearing about talent when we are starting 5 4 star recruits.

Lol, and maybe that’s why the coach was fired.

But yeah discount that 5 of our 8 players had never played a college game before this year. Makes sense.

I m tired of people pointing at star ratings, because they’re a joke.

We all have gotten stuff wrong. I was just reading this and amazed how little stuff has changed and Hop has shown us it wasn’t him.

This thread is like that old friend you see once a year and you just pick up the conversation as if no time has passed by.

That old friend that you wish you didn't have to be reminded of...

It's so hard to say because I don't know what Hop will be or if JB will really step all the way away from the program. I don't want to see JB trying to orchestrate behind the scenes like Dean did at UNC and set the program back for 5 years.

Such a reasonable take. Medium heat at best.

And I still have the same fears about JB.

Glad to see I did no Hop bashing but the real takeaway is that this is 3 years old and we had the exact same complaints we still have right now but then you have the SANCTIONS people still making excuses as if it's going to get better as JB pushes towards 80.

Such a reasonable take. Medium heat at best.

And I still have the same fears about JB.
Speaking of old friends, nice to see you back. Your services are needed around here.

Ah, the continued beauty of hindsight... :)

1573226784117.png

I am OK with my statement here. At the time I thought we should do a real coaching search and if that search ended with Hop as the coach then so be it. At the time I also felt that it was a good time to change our style of play and get away from the "zone".

"I like puppies. And yes I, along with many others, am uneasy about Hopkins being the next HC. He's waited this long so he deserves the chance but he wouldn't be my first choice."

I am absolutely killing it on the basketball board.

What if Boeheim had left and Hopkins took over and the season still went the same? Hopkins would already be under attack and his chances of having a successful go as HC of Syracuse would be fading. People on this board would already be starting threads as to who would replace Hopkins because they "know" he doesn't have what it takes and shouldn't get more than 2 years to prove it. He should count his luck that Boeheim stayed and he is on a no lose job in a weaker conference where he has no pressure to succeed for several years.

This is by far the best and most accurate post in the thread. And it was made 21 months ago not last night.

Is there an easy way to see what nonsense I might have thrown out in this thread without going through every page?

No nonsense from you at all. However, I'm waiting for that to happen tomorrow after the Mega Millions tonight and saying in the morning, damn, I was going to pick those same exact numbers that were drawn, even that frigging Mega ball too. Farg!!! ;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom