Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

How much confidence do you have in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if Syracuse lost to Houston, you would have a different spin on it.

I haven't said a thing about our wins and losses. The only thing I've spoken about this year is how the team looks and what the future looks like.

Is there a reason to even talk about them? I personally don't think there is because I don't see how we make the tournament.

I can too but the have a top 60-70 4/5 already committed for 2021...
Who was going to Washington no matter who was coaching. Hop will have no problem getting guys from the Pacific Northwest. I don’t think that will be enough. Now that the Syracuse pipeline is dried up, he has to look elsewhere. SoCal makes the most sense. We’ll see if he can win recruiting battles against Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, and USC. He should be fine, but he still has to prove it.

I disagree about our future. I think Richmond and Newton are on par with Carter and Wright for UW. I also like our chances with Benny Williams or Quincy Allen and Franck Kepnang in the 2021 class.

I dont see how either really get any playing time next season. I just dont see it

Who was going to Washington no matter who was coaching. Hop will have no problem getting guys from the Pacific Northwest. I don’t think that will be enough. Now that the Syracuse pipeline is dried up, he has to look elsewhere. SoCal makes the most sense. We’ll see if he can win recruiting battles against Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, and USC. He should be fine, but he still has to prove it.

The Syracuse pipeline is dried up?

I guess his strong relationships with coaches at the high school level in the north east have dried up.

If this is your theory then wouldn't Stewart automatically go to Syracuse?

Wouldn't we get every kid from upstate NY?

I dont see how either really get any playing time next season. I just dont see it
Name one guard on bench who you would play over Richmond, and I think unless Guerrier or Braswell make a huge jump Newton starts over both of them.

Yeah, this isn't just a case of shooting their way out of a slump.

SU usually averaged a McD AA every 2-3 years. The last McD AA was Malachi who committed in 2014 2013 and played in 2015. Barring something completely unforeseen, Syracuse isn't getting a McD for 2020. There are a couple of possibles for 2021, Kepnang, maybe, but is he going to be interested in competing as freshman for minutes against a JR Jesse Edwards and a RS Jr. JBA? After that, Buddy graduates and when the staff is talking to recruits who are they saying is going to be coaching in 2021-22 and beyond? Because you can be assured other teams are talking about it.
We had three McD AAs in the ‘90s and one of them was a transfer. It took ten years after John Wallace before we got another one in Carmelo Anthony. The five we had this decade were the most since the ‘80s.

Part of the problem is guys don’t commit early anymore, like Anthony and Richardson. It will be tough for JB to get another one at this stage of his career.

Lol. It’d be nice if we were talking about if SU will be a top-5 seed or not come March.

Instead people are trying to discount Hop’s success while SU flails away as a ~55-60th ranked team.

most are not trying to discount Hop. Simple fact is Washington should be better than 10-3. its fair to point out. Just like it’s fair to point out when Washington gets a big win. Hop is not the enemy of Cuse fans. He is a Cuse guy and we all hope he does well.
Cuse

The Syracuse pipeline is dried up?

I guess his strong relationships with coaches at the high school level in the north east have dried up.
He will use those relationships to try and land elite prospects like Kuminga. He’s not going to bother with guys on par with Carter and Wright. It’s not cost effective.

And by SU pipeline, I’m talking about guys he started recruiting while he was here.

If this is your theory then wouldn't Stewart automatically go to Syracuse?

Wouldn't we get every kid from upstate NY?
I’m talking about one kid, who grew up a Husky fan and was always expected to go there.

Name one guard on bench who you would play over Richmond, and I think unless Guerrier or Braswell make a huge jump Newton starts over both of them.

Is Buddy or Girard going somewhere? Mark them down for 35+ minutes.

What makes Kadary better than Goodine right now? His lack of motor has been talked about, how long does he last at the top of the zone?

Marek and Sidibe are still going to be here, same with Edwards and Gurrier, where does Newton fit in there?

If they combined averaged 10 minutes a game I'd be shocked.

I’m talking about one kid, who grew up a Husky fan and was always expected to go there.

Washington would be his dream school then? How many times have we been stung by "dream school"?

He will use those relationships to try and land elite prospects like Kuminga. He’s not going to bother with guys on par with Carter and Wright. It’s not cost effective.

And by SU pipeline, I’m talking about guys he started recruiting while he was here.

Carter isn't cost effective? He's an excellent defender and plays a ton of minutes.

Washington would be his dream school then? How many times have we been stung by "dream school"?
He didn’t use those words. Take it up with Grant.

Carter isn't cost effective? He's an excellent defender and plays a ton of minutes.
I said, “on par with.” He already has Carter. It’s not cost effective to recruit 3-star New Yorkers ranked well outside the top 100 when you’re coaching on the other side of the country. He can find guys like that in Seattle.

Is Buddy or Girard going somewhere? Mark them down for 35+ minutes.

What makes Kadary better than Goodine right now? His lack of motor has been talked about, how long does he last at the top of the zone?

Marek and Sidibe are still going to be here, same with Edwards and Gurrier, where does Newton fit in there?

If they combined averaged 10 minutes a game I'd be shocked.
I would take that bet. Buddy and JG3 play heavy minutes because Carey didn't pan out as planned. We need a guard who can attack off the dribble, and we won't have Hughes to point forward.

Goodine is a combo guard who is not driving the ball and is not the shooter of either Buddy or JG3. Kadary can get to the basket better than anyone we have not named Hughes.

Newton is a better shooter than Guerrier and it is almost impossible that he is not a better rebounder than Braswell.

Next year we will have a 3 headed monster a center, Marek playing close to 40mins, 2 of Guerrier, Braswell, and Newton will play.

I would take that bet. Buddy and JG3 play heavy minutes because Carey didn't pan out as planned. We need a guard who can attack off the dribble, and we won't have Hughes to point forward.

Goodine is a combo guard who is not driving the ball and is not the shooter of either Buddy or JG3. Kadary can get to the basket better than anyone we have not named Hughes.

Newton is a better shooter than Guerrier and it is almost impossible that he is not a better rebounder than Braswell.

Next year we will have a 3 headed monster a center, Marek playing close to 40mins, 2 of Guerrier, Braswell, and Newton will play.

I really don't disagree with anything you're saying. But when our rotation goes down to 6 and you have Goodine, Edward's, Braswell, Washington and maybe even Carey I dont see where a 6'8" sub 200 pound freshman and a combo guard with low motor and has difficulties shooting fit.

I just dont see Kadary getting minutes unless he moves to the 3. Joe and Buddy will never go anywhere or lose minutes till they graduate.

I really don't disagree with anything you're saying. But when our rotation goes down to 6 and you have Goodine, Edward's, Braswell, Washington and maybe even Carey I dont see where a 6'8" sub 200 pound freshman and a combo guard with low motor and has difficulties shooting fit.

I just dont see Kadary getting minutes unless he moves to the 3. Joe and Buddy will never go anywhere or lose minutes till they graduate.
I don't JB wants to play Buddy and JG3 together, because there games don't complement each other's. It was done out of need.

As for PT next year I'm better JB goes 8 deep, one Guard sub, one forward sub, and one center sub.

I don't JB wants to play Buddy and JG3 together, because there games don't complement each other's. It was done out of need.

As for PT next year I'm better JB goes 8 deep, one Guard sub, one forward sub, and one center sub.

Just based on 40+ years of data there might be 3 or 4 players that have lost significant playing time the next season, probably 0 to a recruit that just cracked the top 100.

We
We always think the new recruits are better than what we have yet it is seldom true. The freshmen get buried on the bench. We fall into this trap every year.

Just based on 40+ years of data there might be 3 or 4 players that have lost significant playing time the next season, probably 0 to a recruit that just cracked the top 100.
The 81-82 season might be the only team we've had with less talent than this one in 40+ years.

We
We always think the new recruits are better than what we have yet it is seldom true. The freshmen get buried on the bench. We fall into this trap every year.
I don't. I have been doubting the hype around Guerrier since the summer.

The 81-82 season might be the only team we've had with less talent than this one in 40+ years.
Right when I started watching. Love Bruin, Rautins, and Santifer. Andre Hawkins never did much.

Right when I started watching. Love Bruin, Rautins, and Santifer. Andre Hawkins never did much.
Hawkins was undersized but battled every game and played Ewing as hard as he could,
He actually averaged double-digits his junior year.

He had a solid career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors