Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

How much confidence do you have in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Verbal Commits Hop has no players signed for next year and is only recruiting 2 guards, but Stewart and McDaniels are probably gone next year.

I could see possibly Mcdaniels returning, but Stewart is gone.

In a year we could be having a very different conversation.

Dang. You’re right. JB doesn’t take it seriously.

I am not sure he’s taking it serious how our recruiting has been and how low the program is. He expected a boisterous crowd for Oakland after the Georgetown game for one and his comments were embarrassing.

We had guys declare for the draft with a better chance of being picked by the army and 2 brutal classes in a row. Go the transfer route we have not been skunked by transfers this decade G Wes Eli all excellent.

Per Verbal Commits Hop has no players signed for next year and is only recruiting 2 guards, but Stewart and McDaniels are probably gone next year.

I could see possibly Mcdaniels returning, but Stewart is gone.

In a year we could be having a very different conversation.

No chance McDaniels comes back, he is a top 10 pick.

They still BPJ and Roberts who will probably start next year, and three starters in Carter, Green and Wright coming back and their 6th man coming back.

Will suck to lose the 2 big guys but I don't think there is too much panic.

This is how I know your argument doesn’t hold water. It’s not a fire when we’re in the running. You can’t counter that.

If you believe for a second we had a chance on Jackson.

He does have some capable program kids though like Nate Roberts, Raequan Battle and J’Rann Brooks
They will all be upperclassmen in 2021. I'm not risk adverse, but that is risky.

I want Hopkins as the next coach, but Washington should be better than 10-3 with that talent. With the PAC-12 being weak I would not be surprised if they end up on the bubble as they have just one good win in Baylor.

No chance McDaniels comes back, he is a top 10 pick.

They still BPJ and Roberts who will probably start next year, and three starters in Carter, Green and Wright coming back and their 6th man coming back.

Will suck to lose the 2 big guys but I don't think there is too much panic.
So next year they will start role player bigs with no depth. Where have I seen that before...

So next year they will start role player bigs with no depth. Where have I seen that before...

Role player bigs who would probably play 40 for us right now with 3 seniors starting at the other 3 spots and a 6th man who would start for us right now.

Role player bigs who would probably play 40 for us right now with 3 seniors starting at the other 3 spots and a 6th man who would start for us right now.
If they were that good they should be getting some minutes now. They have nobody on their bench who can come close to scoring in the post like Stewart can.

Without 3pt shooting they will struggle next year. They will be similar to our 18-19 team with better pg play.

If they were that good they should be getting some minutes now. They have nobody on their bench who can come close to scoring in the post like Stewart can.

Without 3pt shooting they will struggle next year. They will be similar to our 18-19 team with better pg play.

Nobody has a player on the bench has players that can score in the post like Stewart.

I can see the comparison for next year.

I want Hopkins as the next coach, but Washington should be better than 10-3 with that talent. With the PAC-12 being weak I would not be surprised if they end up on the bubble as they have just one good win in Baylor.
If they don’t beat Oregon I don’t expect they will be higher than a 6 seed and that is if they don’t have any bad losses.

If they don’t beat Oregon I don’t expect they will be higher than a 6 seed and that is if they don’t have any bad losses.

i think if they don’t beat Oregon and get 14 wins could be looking at 9 seed or worse. baylor Is a great win but if you don’t get Oregon then maybe at Arizona would be next best. Lunardinhad them as a 10 seed before losing to Houston.
Cuse

i think if they don’t beat Oregon and get 14 wins could be looking at 9 seed or worse. baylor Is a great win but if you don’t get Oregon then maybe at Arizona would be next best. Lunardinhad them as a 10 seed before losing to Houston.
Cuse
And people wonder if he would leave Washington for Syracuse.
The PAC-12 blows. Arizona is a power.
Oregon has done well under Altman but it’s not a power.
UCLA is sleeping giant.

The ACC is miles better. 14 wins in the ACC you are a 1 or 2 seed.

It would be nice if we finished top 6 in the acc one of these years

Nobody has a player on the bench has players that can score in the post like Stewart.

I can see the comparison for next year.
I can too but the have a top 60-70 4/5 already committed for 2021 and another big kid who is top 10 that they are heavy favorites for. I wish I had something like that to look forward to. That is my issue our immediate future is close to or just as bleak as our present.

I can too but the have a top 60-70 4/5 already committed for 2021 and another big kid who is top 10 that they are heavy favorites for. I wish I had something like that to look forward to. That is my issue our immediate future is close to or just as bleak as our present.

Banchero looks awesome. He's top 5, don't see how Hop doesn't get him, both his parents I think went to Washington.

Grant looks like he can play some minutes right away.

Not dire like many are talking around here. Like there is a nail in the Huskies casket after the Houston loss.

Banchero looks awesome. He's top 5, don't see how Hop doesn't get him, both his parents I think went to Washington.

Not dire like many are talking around here. Like there is a nail in the Huskies casket after the Houston loss.
But if Syracuse lost to Houston, you would have a different spin on it.

But if Syracuse lost to Houston, you would have a different spin on it.
If we played Gonzaga like Washington did, I’d be ecstatic

Last edited:

Grant is Tyler Lydon to me, which is very good. I haven't seen the other guys

I disagree about our future. I think Richmond and Newton are on par with Carter and Wright for UW. I also like our chances with Benny Williams or Quincy Allen and Franck Kepnang in the 2021 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom