Who is your sleeper in this class? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who is your sleeper in this class?

I think that Burton is going to end up starting for us at RT after Hickey graduates. I did some homework on him and it looks like he had a late growth spurt and is a late bloomer. I really think that with a RS year he is going to be a good one
After Estime and Cooper ,Corey Winfield has been a bit neglected in respect IMO. The guy has size and speed along with the ability to go up and get the ball and come down with it secure in his hands. A far better WR than being given credit for.:cool:

Wayne Williams would be considered one of the top three players in this class
I know, but from what I have seen and heard from ASA he has the potential to be BIG TIME, a lot better than people can even imagine. Let's hope it pans out

I really like Mitch Kimble. I think that there is a good chance for him or AW to come in and start. I get the feeling from the coaches talking to the recruits about early PT that the coaches don't like the QB's on roster very much and GW could want his guy in there from the start. And I think Kimble is the guy they want to succeed with him being more of a dynamic QB than others on the roster.

Also you gotta be rootin for Corey Winfield with his athletic abilities to cause some damage.
I think the starter will be Loeb or Hunt at this point. Starting a freshman is problematical in numbers and ability sans experience.

I think the starter will be Loeb or Hunt at this point. Starting a freshman is problematical in numbers and ability sans experience.

Hunt has as many college snaps as Kimble.

I know he hasn't signed quite yet, but there is something about Estime that I can't quite put my finger on. I truly believe he will be a big time play-maker on either side of the ball as well as on Special Teams.

For me its his swag, he plays the game witha ton of confidence... That and (as weird as it may sound) his legs. I saw a pic of him running some DB drills the other day and he has some nice looking wheels on him. I can really tell an athlete by looking at his legs and the way they are built. High calves, really well defined hammys.

For me its his swag, he plays the game with a ton of confidence… That and (as weird as it may sound) his legs. I saw a pic of him running some DB drills the other day and he has some nice looking wheels on him. I can really tell an athlete by looking at his legs and the way they are built. High calves, really well defined hammys.
I can relate to telling about athletes by how the legs are conditioned and muscled. Back in the 60s I was asked by Aryt Thoms's uncle to pick up Art at the airport and take him to his first practice session. Of course I was more than willing because the uncle was very instrumental in getting me started in my banking career. I picked up Art and was immediately impressed with his size and build. I drove him to the practice field and spotted a highly valed recuit for the O-line. I believe his name was Dave Johnson. I looked at his calves and thought immediately "no effn way " this kid is a big time player in the O-line. He flopped miserably. I've seen ballarinas with more calf muscle than that kid I believe he was from the NYC area but that was a long time ago. Arty Thoms turned out to be as good as his resume and went on to play on Sunday. I think it was for the Raiders. Jerry Gross ,his uncle was a former councilman for Syracuse. He was a owner of a n auto parts complany FACrossman that I found my sels working for early in life. Jerry called me into his office and asked If I would like a job at Marine Midlan. My career started there.:p

I'm gonna go with Burton, just because of the fact he's a late bloomer and you can't teach size (hopefully he has decent footwork) and our twice overlooked QB commit Austin Wilson, once as the expected understudy to Zach Allen and now as the expected understudy to Kimble. I'm hoping Wilson comes in with a chip on his shoulder.

If he plays d, I would like to submit a copyright application for the use of the phrase "Another Batten Kill" when he puts a hurt on the opposition.

CuseFanVT will get it
Valid only in Vermont.

My sleeper is Estime. I really think he will help our special teams right away. This kid is electric.

I can relate to telling about athletes by how the legs are conditioned and muscled. Back in the 60s I was asked by Aryt Thoms's uncle to pick up Art at the airport and take him to his first practice session. Of course I was more than willing because the uncle was very instrumental in getting me started in my banking career. I picked up Art and was immediately impressed with his size and build. I drove him to the practice field and spotted a highly valed recuit for the O-line. I believe his name was Dave Johnson. I looked at his calves and thought immediately "no effn way " this kid is a big time player in the O-line. He flopped miserably. I've seen ballarinas with more calf muscle than that kid I believe he was from the NYC area but that was a long time ago. Arty Thoms turned out to be as good as his resume and went on to play on Sunday. I think it was for the Raiders. Jerry Gross ,his uncle was a former councilman for Syracuse. He was a owner of a n auto parts complany FACrossman that I found my sels working for early in life. Jerry called me into his office and asked If I would like a job at Marine Midlan. My career started there.:p

.?!?

I'm not sure if he qualifies as a sleeper or not...but I really like what I've read about Aaron Batten.

With his size and speed he might have a chance to be something special.

He had an offer from Duke so I don't think grades will be a problem.
I could not agree more . It seems the TE position has been ceded to others without doubt question or competition. I see Batten as a big play type TE.Excellent speed and good hands. I've seen him twist his body to catch passes with his hands,not his chest. There a few others who will pleasantly surprise our fans. This was a very good class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom