Who is your sleeper in this class? | Syracusefan.com

Who is your sleeper in this class?

RMH44

All American
I'm not sure if he qualifies as a sleeper or not...but I really like what I've read about Aaron Batten.

With his size and speed he might have a chance to be something special.

He had an offer from Duke so I don't think grades will be a problem.

When I saw the title of your post, the 1st guy I thought of is Batten. Wonder if he ends up playing DE now that we lost Brown. Looks like a very good athlete who can help on either side of the ball.

I'm not sure if he qualifies as a sleeper or not...but I really like what I've read about Aaron Batten.

With his size and speed he might have a chance to be something special.

He had an offer from Duke so I don't think grades will be a problem.

He was my pick as well.

I like the OT Burton. 6-7 310 huge frame and good feet according to the article. I cant wait to see this kid in a couple of years

Regarding Batten...does he go by PJ, or does SUA have his name wrong on the website? They have him listed as PJ Batten.

Defense - Trevon Trejo. I think he wins the other DE job easily. Lineman are the one thing I like to beat Michigan State for.

Offense - Corey Winfield. I think he gets some run as a true frosh (and possibly starts next to Funderburke and West as the slot WR).

If he plays d, I would like to submit a copyright application for the use of the phrase "Another Batten Kill" when he puts a hurt on the opposition.

CuseFanVT will get it

I agree with those pimping Hodge, by the way. Solid size, good athleticism, lots of decent offers, and yes, it helps that he's from Miami. Florida kids are always a plus.

There are a couple that I like...I really think Hayes might turn out to be real good.

Regarding Batten...does he go by PJ, or does SUA have his name wrong on the website? They have him listed as PJ Batten.
If you click on his name they refer to him both as PJ and Aaron, Jr in the write-up.

I like the OT Burton. 6-7 310 huge frame and good feet according to the article. I cant wait to see this kid in a couple of years

Really hope Perles can teach this kid to block. I watched a few Fork Union games this past year and I can say for a fact that Hackenberg was dodging incoming DL/LBs all season. He has the body/frame to be a big factor if only he can be taught to block...

I'm betting on Perles as well though. This guy will be great.

Not meant in any snarky manner, but I think the bulk of the class has a sleeper feel to it. Won't be highly ranked, the bastard child of a clunky coaching change.

I hope these kids emerge as a close-knit group that provide a team-wide leadership come their fourth and fifth years in Orange.

I'm all in on I Johnson

I also liked his HS Coach that insisted that when his kids made their commitments they stuck with them. No more shopping around. I hope that SU scouts that team again.

Frankly, if this class winds up as good as the last class that was a clunky thrown together mess due to a coaching change, I'll be pretty satisfied. Looking back now, that was one hell of a class. Pugh, Chibane, Lemon, Tiller, SHAMARKO!, Philip Thomas, Ri'Shard, Torrey Ball, Sharpe, and The Ridiculously Good Looking one.

I know he hasn't signed quite yet, but there is something about Estime that I can't quite put my finger on. I truly believe he will be a big time play-maker on either side of the ball as well as on Special Teams.

We have had good luck with quarterback from Penn lately, Wilson is my pick.

Hodge has gotten more respect from the scouting services than he has gotten recognition out here. Everyone was worried about Brown bailing but almost no one ever brought up Hodge. Thus - just for being the quiet recruit and seeming to not get the respect that he deserves - I'm rooting for him.

Hodge has gotten more respect from the scouting services than he has gotten recognition out here. Everyone was worried about Brown bailing but almost no one ever brought up Hodge. Thus - just for being the quiet recruit and seeming to not get the respect that he deserves - I'm rooting for him.
For that reason, he and Austin Wilson should room together. I'm just not sure the room will be big enough for their individual shoulder chips.

I also really like Kimble. He just seems to have that presence that comes naturally and can't be coached.

Btw...I think, eventually, that Wayne Williams is a lock for all ACC. If he stays healthy and academically qualified, that is.

For that reason, he and Austin Wilson should room together. I'm just not sure the room will be big enough for their individual shoulder chips.

Well Cooper and Wilson have already been tweeting about rooming together. The WR and his QB.

Love Williams! Love his attitude and commitment to the CUSE! Coming into this I thought Wilson was the dark horse but leaning towards Kimble with his natural ability and intelligence. Like this class. Not flashy but think these young men will contribute!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom