Who still hates the Zone? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Who still hates the Zone?

I can't name a single person who is actively rooting for anyone to fail.

I've seen people say player x should go D2, or that they were a scholarship wasted, but that's not the same thing at all.

There might be like 2 posters who fit your description ...and they happen to come out when we're in a historically bad stretch. I say f em.

You got it with your last sentence. They aren't posting today.

I've seen people say player x should go D2, or that they were a scholarship wasted, but that's not the same thing at all.

There might be like 2 posters who fit your description ...and they happen to come out when we're in a historically bad stretch. I say f em.

I call BS on your first three sentences.

Could not agree more with the sentiment of your last sentence.

Last edited:

Just speculating here, but I'd guess if we could see the posts that get quickly deleted by the moderators, you would be proven dead wrong.

I call BS on your first three sentences.

Could not agree more with the sentiment of your last sentence.

Then if its clearly bs you shouldn't have any difficulty telling me who they are.

I would know if they were deleted posts. I'm here pretty often. I rarely leave the basement.

Then if its clearly bs you shouldn't have any difficulty telling me who they are.

I would know if they were deleted posts. I'm here pretty often. I rarely leave the basement.

...which is why it is shocking, frankly, that you can't figure out the names for youself.

Did you leave the basement last night and miss the agenda laden debbie downer crap that was posted by some after the win?

...which is why it is shocking, frankly, that you can't figure out the names for youself.

Did you leave the basement last night and miss the agenda laden debbie downer crap that was posted by some after the win?

So no, I take it.

I mean I'll concede there was a guy that I got a good laugh over think that beating Notre Dame at South Bend last season was not a "good win," but by in large those guys are in the vast minority.

You got it with your last sentence. They aren't posting today.
Me, It's fine when it's not 100% Zone . Ask yourself how good would it have been with SU down by 10

If Jimmy B had us winning games with a defense that came to him in his sleep I am on board. It always blows my mind when every armchair point guard thinks they can run a team better than a hall of fame coach who has been at Syracuse before many fans were born.

Just to piggy back on some St. Johns comments did we really lose to them? I mean they havent won since they beat us. I guess I didnt realize that. Oy!

RF2044 said:
Howzabout enjoy the win against Duke for 5 minutes before diving back into the normal pattern of incessent griping.

Bad post. I don't know what your problem is dude, but that's what this place is about. ;)

44cuse

So no, I take it.

I mean I'll concede there was a guy that I got a good laugh over think that beating Notre Dame at South Bend last season was not a "good win," but by in large those guys are in the vast minority.

So let me get this straight--you pay close attention to the board, and your contention is that the only negativity you've seen was a guy last year complaining that our road win over ND wasn't a good win?

Allrighty then.

Doc, you're a smart guy. If you honestly believe that, then this is a pointless exchange, and you didn't pay much attention last night. There are a group of posters who post as though they are the offspring of Eeyore and Debbie Downer. If they found a $20 bill on the ground, they'd complian that it isn't a $50 bill.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight--you pay close attention to the board, and your contention is that the only negativity you've seen was a guy last year complaining that our road win over ND wasn't a good win?

Allrighty then.

Doc, you're a smart guy. If you honestly believe that, then this is a pointless exchange, and you didn't pay much attention last night.

No I see ton of negativity. I'm the progenitor of plenty of negativity . That being said, I can't say I've seen anyone actively wishing a player would fail though. And I feel like I'd remeber something like that because it's beyond the pale.

I will say that I wasn't on the message board last night during/after the win last night...so I certainly may have.missed stuff.

The games were played at an entirely different offensive pace, you are comparing apples and oranges...without regard to whether the zone was good or bad last night.
A team that averages 85 scored 62 against us.
We scored more points than that.
Everything else is just noise.
:)

The games were played at an entirely different offensive pace, you are comparing apples and oranges...without regard to whether the zone was good or bad last night.

Except it wasn't. Duke shot 62 shots last night and made 23. We shot 71 and made 25. Notre Dame shot 72 Saturday and made 36.
Saturday Duke shot 56 and made 29. Last night they were 10-37 from three. Saturday they were 12-24.

Except it wasn't. Duke shot 62 shots last night and made 23. We shot 71 and made 25. Notre Dame shot 72 Saturday and made 36.
Saturday Duke shot 56 and made 29. Last night they were 10-37 from three. Saturday they were 12-24.

For the most part the defense worked because as others have pointed out they just flat out missed a lot of shots (and some were really good looks). Our strategy was clearly to extend the zone and force them to actually make shots. From the start they were not. I was surprised it took Allen that long to start driving to the basket. The one guy that they have that went 0-fer clearly wasnt getting it and I was glad he kept firing. That is also why Plumlee looked like Shaq last night. I mean two reverse dunks? Guy is a mediocre player at best.

For the most part the defense worked because as others have pointed out they just flat out missed a lot of shots (and some were really good looks). Our strategy was clearly to extend the zone and force them to actually make shots. From the start they were not. I was surprised it took Allen that long to start driving to the basket. The one guy that they have that went 0-fer clearly wasnt getting it and I was glad he kept firing. That is also why Plumlee looked like Shaq last night. I mean two reverse dunks? Guy is a mediocre player at best.

I felt like Plumlee was sitting underneath the basket (in the paint) for minutes at a time last night. That's why he got those dunks.

Coleman should have gotten more run.

I prefer points per possession ratings (efficiency) because it factors in rebounding which many try to evaluate independently. What good is 22% 3pt FG if you give up a layup on the offensive rebound?

We were 65th in defensive before the winning streak. Now someone says we're up to 37. That's a huge jump in large part because the rebounding has dramatically improved. It's very encouraging even if it's against undersized or undermanned front lines.
I wonder when the stat coaches are going to get mention during games, I hate to be a jerk, but if you guys had your way, no sense playing games at all, just let you guys math it out while playing on the X-Box

I felt like Plumlee was sitting underneath the basket (in the paint) for minutes at a time last night. That's why he got those dunks.

Coleman should have gotten more run.
Yea he pitched a tent at times for sure. I was counting a few times and got to 4-5.

I thought he would have but man he is so limited on offense (see the first three possessions of the game...ugh) we would be 4 on 5 and we needed to keep scoring.

Kennard played scared. He was averaging 18 a game in ACC play coming into that game. He's probably the best free throw shooter in the country as well. Can't believe K wasn't on him to go to the basket.

Yea he pitched a tent at times for sure. I was counting a few times and got to 4-5.

I thought he would have but man he is so limited on offense (see the first three possessions of the game...ugh) we would be 4 on 5 and we needed to keep scoring.

Coleman and Lydon are such a change of pace both defensively and offensively that I wonder if shuttling them in and out more frequently, rather than letting foul situations dictate, might keep the opponent off pace on their matchup with whoever we have in??

Kennard played scared. He was averaging 18 a game in ACC play coming into that game. He's probably the best free throw shooter in the country as well. Can't believe K wasn't on him to go to the basket.

I watched him drain every FT against ND and was really surprised he just stood behind the arc and chucked all game. Did look like a deer in the headlights for sure.

On Coleman, sometimes it's best for him when JB's hand is forced. JB clearly has no confidence in him, but in situations where he's got no choice, Coleman has looked okay (not great). But JB was looking at the need for offense, and on that I completely understand. Lydon at least gives us a possibility of a jumper from deep and that pulls his guy way out.

On Coleman, sometimes it's best for him when JB's hand is forced. JB clearly has no confidence in him, but in situations where he's got no choice, Coleman has looked okay (not great). But JB was looking at the need for offense, and on that I completely understand. Lydon at least gives us a possibility of a jumper from deep and that pulls his guy way out.

He just goes too fast and is a bit spastic. I mean the first three possessions were literally head shaking. He looked like a 9th grader.

I really expected more of him in regards to offensive ability when he came here. I understand the injury has probably limited that to an extent but he is nowhere near the offensive player I had envisioned when he came out of JD.

He played a lot and played well Saturday against Thomas. I tend to think he may of been tired yesterday and it may be difficult for him to play in a quick turnaround still due to his injury and fitness level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom