Who will be the number 1 Seeds? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be the number 1 Seeds?

fairly confident unc will not be a 1. fairly confident they'll reward the b1g for rating out as the best conf

fairly confident unc will not be a 1. fairly confident they'll reward the b1g for rating out as the best conf

I agree as long as Michigan St wins I just can't see how they will be denied.

I agree as long as Michigan St wins I just can't see how they will be denied.
yep msu has to win today.
but then I'd say if both Tenn and msu lose today, uk will get a 1 and committee will hold their collective nose and give the last 1 to zags

I know the Zags are a good team, legit top 10 and they have a couple of elite wins in the early pre-conference. But I always have a problem with their high seeding when they play in such a weak conference and just play a bunch of cupcakes for January-February while P5 teams have to run a gauntlet.

Yeah, but the argument is always they beat who they were supposed to beat... But their conference sucks. That's not the committee's fault.

They're kinda between a rock and a hard place. No football means the Pac 10 will never want them (and that conference will be stronger again at some point - too many big boy programs with cash not to be.)

They'd be perfect for the big east if it wasn't for distance, as they are a baketball-only, Catholic school.

But you can't reward them on the benefit of doubt and punish teams with stronger resumes.

Is what it is. Sucks to be them.

Lots of speculation here, but the decision was made days ago. What happens today does not matter.

Lots of speculation here, but the decision was made days ago. What happens today does not matter.

On what basis of fact can you make that statement?

...or are you just speculating as wel??

to an extent, yes - but they'll do all they can to reward the b1g

I know the Zags are a good team, legit top 10 and they have a couple of elite wins in the early pre-conference. But I always have a problem with their high seeding when they play in such a weak conference and just play a bunch of cupcakes for January-February while P5 teams have to run a gauntlet.
Exactly. They’re a great team, but Tennessee would have a better record if they were in the WCC.

Zags are No. 1, no doubt. May even be overall No. 1.

Duke, Ten and Virginia are the other three.

Some years. the decision can be made early on.

This year was not one of them. It is possible they made their decision after yesterday's games, because it is hard to make contingent plans for today. But I suspect Tennessee / Michigan St results will have some impact today.

Some years. the decision can be made early on.

This year was not one of them. It is possible they made their decision after yesterday's games, because it is hard to make contingent plans for today. But I suspect Tennessee / Michigan St results will have some impact today.

They will have their contingency scenarios already worked out, but to say this was all decided days ago is nonsense... Not this year.

Should be ACC and UT. But may be UVA, Duke, Zags, UT. I don’t think UT should be a 1 unless it’s over the Zags. MSU has too many bad losses.

a michigan state unc contigency is doable as i have them both pegged for midwest region

I watch a LOT of college basketball. More this year than ever. Nobody is going to convince me that the 3 best teams aren’t the 3 ACC teams. And don’t tell me about some single game.

I watch a LOT of college basketball. More this year than ever. Nobody is going to convince me that the 3 best teams aren’t the 3 ACC teams. And don’t tell me about some single game.
fully agree. but the selection of 1 seeds (among other things in the overall NCAAT selection process) is often political

You’re probably right.

NET loves UVA.
Media loves Duke.
They are both locks as 1’s.

UNC, Zags, Sparty, UK are probably the 4 teams gunning for those last 2 1-seeds.
Tenn just took themselves out of the running, and will join 2 of the above teams on the 2-line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom