Whomever calls our plays needs to be tired | Syracusefan.com

Whomever calls our plays needs to be tired

OrangeFoo

All American
The sequence at the goal line and our three and our are just terrible.

The sequence at the goal line and our three and our are just terrible.
There a number of reasons for that. The primary is that the defense knows we are going inside the tackles. IMO the other big reason is that we have zero misdirection plays in our playbook that might get used. Its very easy inside the 5 yard line to clog the LOS with big bodies and jam the the RB to little or no gain. Half the blubber and bones are our O-line incidentally.

There a number of reasons for that. The primary is that the defense knows we are going inside the tackles. IMO the other big reason is that we have zero misdirection plays in our playbook that might get used. Its very easy inside the 5 yard line to clog the LOS with big bodies and jam the the RB to little or no gain. Half the blubber and bones are our O-line incidentally.

I have to wonder how one can respond to an unintelligible psot

ONLY Cali would understand this post...

I thought play calling was fine, What
There were some questionable periods, but overall I would agree.

End of the second quarter and the double reverse/Ashton throw series, not so much (and a few others).

There were some questionable periods, but overall I would agree.

End of the second quarter and the double reverse/Ashton throw series, not so much (and a few others).
This play was wide open and a good call. Ball was just horribly underthrown. Ashton's reaction was he knew he blew an easy touchdown pass.

This play was wide open and a good call. Ball was just horribly underthrown. Ashton's reaction was he knew he blew an easy touchdown pass.
I agree it was there, just saying we didn't need it then. Up three, starting on their side, just run it and get the ball moving. Didn't need that play sequence at that time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom