Who's going to the Mizzou game? | Syracusefan.com

Who's going to the Mizzou game?

OnAirCuse

Walk On
Hello boys and girls, I'm back! Nice new site design by the way, I've been lurking off and on since I left but never felt overly compelled to re-register my account... Until now.

Huge win today and I'm sure some of you will be coming to my neck of the woods for the game against Missouri. If anyone is staying in Kansas City and has any questions on places to eat, etc, I felt like I could be of service in this thread. If not, I'll be going to the game with my dad and grandfather (Mizzou grad who hasn't been back to campus in 60 years!) and we'll be tailgating somewhere I'm sure...

If anyone wants to meet up before the game get at me on here or on twitter (@dannyparkins) and maybe we can make it happen. Also, shameless plug time, when you're in town be sure to check out the show on AM 610. I'm on 10am-2pm Central. I'm sure I'll be on with Axe later in the week to preview the game. Hope all is well... I'll be back in Cuse for the Georgetown game so I'm sure I'll see some of you then.

Danny Parkins

Also, 3 quick takes on Cuse football:
1) Anyone who wants Marrone fired needs to ask themselves the question of if we could really do better? He wants to be here for life. There's tremendous value in that. I have my doubts about him like I think most people do, but I also think he'll continue to get better and isn't a lost cause... So I'm on board with letting the program grow with the coach.

2) Ryan Nassib is going to the NFL. I have no idea if this is a commonly held belief on here or in general, but I made a $300 bet that he'd get drafted 4 weeks ago and am feeling pretty damn good about it... Which to me is another reason to believe in Marrone. Nassib has improved so much from where he was, imagine if we actually got a talent in here under his tutelage that started at a high level.

3) Mizzou's defense is really good, don't let what Tennessee did today fool you... Sheldon Richardson is going to be a top 20 pick whether he declares this year or next, it's gonna be a huge challenge for the interior of our offensive line that frankly I don't think they're up for. Marrone and Hackett are going to need to leave extra protection in for Nassib.

Daannnny....please come back to Syracuse. :D

Wish I was going to Missouri. Great hearing from you. Hope all is well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's some beef!

512x.jpg

Danny welcome back...wish Mizzou was about 5 hours closer to me...I would've made a trip. Columbia isn't exactly the easiest place to get to coming from TX.

Danny welcome back...wish Mizzou was about 5 hours closer to me...I would've made a trip. Columbia isn't exactly the easiest place to get to coming from TX.
Mark...who the hell is she? I need a name to google.

Danny...I've got three older brothers who went to the U of Mizzou. One went to grad school at SU. I lived at SU in the 70's. Go SU!

Got a couch I can crash on next week?...just kidding.

Danny, will be at the Sprint Center for Springsteen. However if you want to venture down to Waldo for a hoops game this year I'll be glad to buy you a drink.
Love the show even if CDot brings it down. :)

Also, 3 quick takes on Cuse football:
1) Anyone who wants Marrone fired needs to ask themselves the question of if we could really do better? He wants to be here for life. There's tremendous value in that. I have my doubts about him like I think most people do, but I also think he'll continue to get better and isn't a lost cause... So I'm on board with letting the program grow with the coach.

Amen baby Jesus.

Parkins, I know you had to move on to a pro market, (or semi pro I guess:) ) but you need to know that Lindsley is KILLING US! He is the ultimate unprofessional douchenozzle who hates the city he lives in and interviews obscure boxing legends the Monday after a football weekend.

So congrats on your success, but bite me for the drivel you've left us with. Haha

Parkins, I know you had to move on to a pro market, (or semi pro I guess:) ) but you need to know that Lindsley is KILLING US! He is the ultimate unprofessional douchenozzle who hates the city he lives in and interviews obscure boxing legends the Monday after a football weekend.

So congrats on your success, but bite me for the drivel you've left us with. Haha

I'm not a fan of Lindsley's show and had no say in who replaced me, although I did let it be known that I thought Brian Barrett should have gotten the timeslot when he graduated. That station definitely has its problems but I'm a fan of Axe's work and a friend of his. He helped me get that job when there wasn't even really one to give and I probably should have been fired for some things I said about Bud and the Manchild on the air but the Score kept me because they thought I was good. And frankly because I was cheap.

I don't get how anyone could do a local sports-talk show in Syracuse and not make 90% of the show SU related. It just makes no sense. Yea, sometimes you have to work harder and dig deeper, when the easier thing to do would be to talk Tebow, Yankees, or to sponsors, but that's just not my type of radio and it's stuff you guys can get in many different ways.

yeah,come back...brent"gets" axed is an as$clown.

way too much filler material

I'm not a fan of Lindsley's show and had no say in who replaced me, although I did let it be known that I thought Brian Barrett should have gotten the timeslot when he graduated. That station definitely has its problems but I'm a fan of Axe's work and a friend of his. He helped me get that job when there wasn't even really one to give and I probably should have been fired for some things I said about Bud and the Manchild on the air but the Score kept me because they thought I was good. And frankly because I was cheap.

I don't get how anyone could do a local sports-talk show in Syracuse and not make 90% of the show SU related. It just makes no sense. Yea, sometimes you have to work harder and dig deeper, when the easier thing to do would be to talk Tebow, Yankees, or to sponsors, but that's just not my type of radio and it's stuff you guys can get in many different ways.

Yup, its been known for awhile that Lindsley got the gig because of the Ad dollars he brings in. There's a grassroots campaign to give the slot to Alex Plavin who's been doing the SU post game shows. He's very good.

Trying to make the drive down from Omaha for the game, been searching all the ticket sites and still hoping prices go down. Both teams winning Saturday did not help that of course. Anyone know what section the Syracuse fans will be in?

Yup, its been known for awhile that Lindsley got the gig because of the Ad dollars he brings in. There's a grassroots campaign to give the slot to Alex Plavin who's been doing the SU post game shows. He's very good.
I think Plavin is very good as well and would be a huge advocate of him getting the slot, unfortunately, being somewhat familiar with the Score's financial situation like I am I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that grassroot campaign... Hope I'm wrong though.

Hey guys:

Any plans for a pregame tailgate? I can't attend the game but I've had a few people ask me what is up.

Anyone familiar with Columbia? If the parking situation is difficult...usually a good solution is to identify a restaurant/sports bar to meet at pregame. I'd appreciate if somone could take this on and try to get something going.

Trying to make the drive down from Omaha for the game, been searching all the ticket sites and still hoping prices go down. Both teams winning Saturday did not help that of course. Anyone know what section the Syracuse fans will be in?
I got mine from the SU ticket people.. They 1-315-443-2121. We are in section 1.

My son and I are going to the game. I'll be the one in Orange. Nov. 30th off to Arkansas to watch our team play BB. Our great adventure!

Parkins just texted me. Everyone is welcome to stay in his penthouse studio. Man that's gracios

I think Plavin is very good as well and would be a huge advocate of him getting the slot, unfortunately, being somewhat familiar with the Score's financial situation like I am I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that grassroot campaign... Hope I'm wrong though.

Favorite BBQ in KC so far? Oklahoma Joe's? Been to that elusive cocktail spot Manifesto yet? Ridiculous drinks there! Glad things are going well. I was in KC for the first time this summer and really loved it. I've got some friends in the foodie/drink business there and they were so proud of it, calling it Paris on the Plains. Lots of people I trust like it more than St. Louis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom