Who's the oc now? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who's the oc now?

Boom,

com_120304_miller_pac12_120305.jpg

Calvin Magee

Worked as OC with Shaf at Michigan. He was the OC under Rich Rod, worked as OC at Pitt in 2011, and is now again with Rich Rod in Zona. He is a Tampa Florida guy, and East Coast Guy.

You would want a long time RichRod assistant?

Tulane, Open 1AA date, BC, Mary, NC St (no QB first time in years and new coach), Pitt, Wake. Thats 7. WHich of those are we going to lose? Those teams are JOKES. Name some BCS teams you think will be worse than Mary, BC, NCSt, Pitt and Wake. There are not many.

Toughest game in that group is Wake and they folded badly down the stretch. Ped St is a likely W. The other ACC crossover could be a W. (thats 9.) And I think we can win another game from Clemson, FSU, and NW.

But now we have no coordinator. We're screwed with Hackett the offense would have an identity. Now we can't go conservative even though its what the roster is a good fit for.

This team was primed for a huge breakthrough season.

I personally think we might as well go with Tyrone Wheatley. He was a good player with the Raiders and should be able to recruit. Plus we'll get his kid. Marrone screwed us so bad taking Hackett I am sick over it I don't care about losing DM either.

If you think Pitt, Maryland, Wake and NIT State are gimmie wins then I want what you are drinking. Ped State LIKELY a win? dude I am the most optimistic person on this board but you are out of your mind if you think we are winning 9 games next season. More than this year? Please.

We are not beating Clemson, Florida State. Get that out of your head immediately.

If SS wins 6 games next season he should be national coach of the year.

If you think Pitt, Maryland, Wake and NIT State are gimmie wins then I want what you are drinking. Ped State LIKELY a win? dude I am the most optimistic person on this board but you are out of your mind if you think we are winning 9 games next season. More than this year? Please.

We are not beating Clemson, Florida State. Get that out of your head immediately.

Maybe the Bills have an opening, did the NFL make their schedules yet?

I'll go backwards. FSU should have lost to a worse SU team when Patterson was QB. I give us a chance. I am not sure we get the Clemson LSU saw they play down to opponents a lot. Probably an L but whatever. Ped St lose McGloin. Are you going to say thats insignificant? Noone at the skill positions. D graduates a ton of players. I am not chalkin that up as a loss and being opening day SU will come out fired up after this offseason.

NCst has to replace a QB who threw for 400 yards a game. Glennon was the team. OBrien lost his job because the talent was so thin everywhere on the roster. They used to be stacked with SEC level talent under Amato. Not the case anymore. I see a W.

Pitt lose Graham and Sunseri. No discipline. Just a poorly coached squad and Chryst doesn't have his players yet he has Wannsteads idiots. Their D was awful. They got to a bowl beacuse of Sunseri he might take heat but like Glennon its a hard guy to replace.

Wake really imploded last year and got blown out a lot. Not sure what happened to the tough team from the opener last year but it seems Grobe has (finally) lost it there.

Maryland are poor across the board. They were 20 point dogs against Temple. Talent is very thin. Edsall inherited a much better roster than what he has now.

Nassib was a good QB but he was put in a very good system where he didn't have to make tough reads and was able to use his big arm to make easy throws. He didn't turn it over a lot because of coaching not because he was amazing. I think Sunseri and Glennon will be much tougher to replace for NCST and Pitt than Nassib will be for us. EVEN THOUGH NASSIB IS BETTER.

It really sucks what Marrone did taking Hackett we had a 9-10 win season lined up.

I'll go backwards. FSU should have lost to a worse SU team when Patterson was QB. I give us a chance. I am not sure we get the Clemson LSU saw they play down to opponents a lot. Probably an L but whatever. Ped St lose McGloin. Are you going to say thats insignificant? Noone at the skill positions. D graduates a ton of players. I am not chalkin that up as a loss and being opening day SU will come out fired up after this offseason.

NCst has to replace a QB who threw for 400 yards a game. Glennon was the team. OBrien lost his job because the talent was so thin everywhere on the roster. They used to be stacked with SEC level talent under Amato. Not the case anymore. I see a W.

Pitt lose Graham and Sunseri. No discipline. Just a poorly coached squad and Chryst doesn't have his players yet he has Wannsteads idiots. Their D was awful. They got to a bowl beacuse of Sunseri he might take heat but like Glennon its a hard guy to replace.

Wake really imploded last year and got blown out a lot. Not sure what happened to the tough team from the opener last year but it seems Grobe has (finally) lost it there.

Maryland are poor across the board. They were 20 point dogs against Temple. Talent is very thin. Edsall inherited a much better roster than what he has now.

Nassib was a good QB but he was put in a very good system where he didn't have to make tough reads and was able to use his big arm to make easy throws. He didn't turn it over a lot because of coaching not because he was amazing. I think Sunseri and Glennon will be much tougher to replace for NCST and Pitt than Nassib will be for us. EVEN THOUGH NASSIB IS BETTER.

It really sucks what Marrone did taking Hackett we had a 9-10 win season lined up.

One thing that I have learned in being a Syracuse football fan is that nothing is guaranteed. Maybe in the early to mid 90's we could say "yep those are guaranteed wins". Not anymore. I will spin it and say that would you be shocked if we went 5-7 next season? You cant with a straight face say yes you would. We wouldnt win 9-10 games next season had this entire team come back as is (coaches and players).

I think every person on this board would be not only elated but surprised if we start the season 1-0 next year.

One thing that I have learned in being a Syracuse football fan is that nothing is guaranteed. Maybe in the early to mid 90's we could say "yep those are guaranteed wins". Not anymore. I will spin it and say that would you be shocked if we went 5-7 next season? You cant with a straight face say yes you would. We wouldnt win 9-10 games next season had this entire team come back as is (coaches and players).

I think every person on this board would be not only elated but surprised if we start the season 1-0 next year.

The last 10 years (with the exception of the last half of this season) have not been like watching Syracuse. Paulie had lost it by his last couple years (better QBs and we're probably OK) and we replaced him with the worst coach on the planet.

I am not old enough to remember playing Ped St back in the day. I do know that this past year was the last hurrah for them and the program will be back to earth this season. I think we get a W in that one. Its just as much about me being down on them as anything.

You think our linebackers are gonna let that white kid go off for 100+? no our LBs are awesome.

The last 10 years (with the exception of the last half of this season) have not been like watching Syracuse. Paulie had lost it by his last couple years (better QBs and we're probably OK) and we replaced him with the worst coach on the planet.

I am not old enough to remember playing Ped St back in the day. I do know that this past year was the last hurrah for them and the program will be back to earth this season. I think we get a W in that one. Its just as much about me being down on them as anything.

You think our linebackers are gonna let that white kid go off for 100+? **** no our LBs are awesome.

I am old enough to remember playing Ped State back in the day. The guy they have can flat out coach. This will be a very difficult game. Do you think that they are going to let Smith and PTG run all over them? Works both ways.

I am old enough to remember playing Ped State back in the day. The guy they have can flat out coach. This will be a very difficult game. Do you think that they are going to let Smith and PTG run all over them? Works both ways.

Eh Pats offense is better w/o him and with McDaniels back.

I think he's overrated. If he didn't famously yell at Tom Brady who knows where he'd be or if Ped St would have gone after him doing that made him an overnight celebrity.

Last year they had McGloin and other seniors playing for pride. They were not at a talent disadvantage. Nor were they dominated on the lines of scrimmage.

Obrien has to win without a veteran QB or superior talent on D. Thats not linebacker U right now. Winning next year will be a totally different ball game.

I mean last year Ped St had some tough losses early and I guess they deserve some credit for not quitting but they were a good team losing Redd and Bolden wasn't as a huge deal there was enough there. I think OBrien got a little too much credit.

Their best player next year is gonna be that white RB if you shut him down you can probably beat Ped St. Obrien has to win without a great QB too not exactly something he is used to.

Obrien has to win without a veteran QB?

Their best player next year is gonna be that white RB if you shut him down you can probably beat Ped St. Obrien has to win without a great QB too not exactly something he is used to.

Again you can say the same thing about us. We dont have a veteran QB and our best talent is running the football. Oh and we lost an all american tackle.

What about David Walker?
What about him? Other than his SU connection (did we not just learn from Marrone what that is worth?), sell me on him.

No knock on Walker or any other former SU guy - but everyone throws their names out there without any reasoning other than being former SU players.

Good lord. Walker? Gailey? Kevin Rogers? Let's just throw (ty coaches) at a wall and see what sticks...

Some of you must think the ACC is the SEC or something. No chance we win 7 games? No chance we win 9 games even if the entire team returned from this year? We won 8 games this year, btw, and we weren't exactly playing all that well at times.

I'm thinking some of you may want to take a couple of days off, maybe stay with a brother, find a safe house or something and just lay low until things blow over - find some fresh perspective. While this han't been an ideal transition, let's see how things play out before we drop the program down to the FCS.

Good lord. Walker? Gailey? Kevin Rogers? Let's just throw (ty coaches) at a wall and see what sticks...

Hey Tony Sparano is available. I say we package him and Rob Ryan together. That would work right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom