Why can't Moyer stay? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why can't Moyer stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we have 2 natural forwards currently on the roster and there is barely any scraps left on the table in this class.

Correct. Because Matt left. Asked to be released. However you want to say it, he gone.

Correct. Because Matt left. Asked to be released. However you want to say it, he gone.
His decision was based on Bazley coming whereas he would play zero minuets. That has changed, quite abruptly, so why can't he reconsider at this point. Has some irreversible line been crossed?

His decision was based on Bazley coming whereas he would play zero minuets. That has changed, quite abruptly, so why can't he reconsider at this point. Has some irreversible line been crossed?

I thought Matt had given up the violin. Now he wants to play?

I had to learn this in grade school. Minuets suck.

I know you guys are kidding, but that's one of my favorite things about Matt ... that he was a nerd. Good for him. Having musical talent is a gift. It's a different - and in many ways much higher quality - distraction than all the garbage on social media sucking up attention from many of his peers. It's great that he's able to read music and appreciate the classical genre. I feel terrible that he wasn't happy because he was such an ardent SU ambassador, but he needed to be waaaaay more patient than he was about his playing time. Kid would have been a good player for us down the road, providing valuable minutes off the bench. JB tried to play him in the tournament but it was a yard-sale of TO's and he wasn't ready to contribute offensively. BOL to him wherever he goes.

Last edited:
He didn't have to, it was the fact of the matter.
How many minutes do D-I to D-I transfers play?

Are you addressing this to me or MM?
You, of course. I would hope he already knew the answer.

He didn't have to, it was the fact of the matter.

It’s an assumption. Might be a big part of it, a small part of it, or no part of it. We don’t really know.

"Do you know Goodbye Stranger, Supertramp?

It was early morning yesterday
I was up before the dawn
And I really have enjoyed my stay
Moyer must be movin' on

Goodbye Moyer, it's been niiiiice
Hope you find your paradiiiiiseeeee

[singing, screaming into the mic] Come tomorrow, feel no pain! Feel no pain!
Moyer! Moyer! Moyyyy-er! Moyer's goin' away! See ya! He's outta here! See ya! He's outta here! Ohh! Goodbye Moyer! Goodbye Moyer! Goodbye Moyer! Goodbye Moyyyyyer!"

You, of course. I would hope he already knew the answer.
I was looking at it from his point of view that he would be playing walk on minutes in his 3rd year in the program and might be recruited over in 2019.

Because it's obvious to see that he loves the Orange.

Or it’s because people don’t want to see a repeat of 2017-18 in which we had fewer players than we needed.

It’s the “bad breath is better than no breath” syndrome.

Moyer probably would have stayed if Boeheim wasn't so snotty. That's life in our world we have to accept.

I love Moyer, how he recruited for this school, how hard he played for this school every time he was on the court. The only person who couldn't see, or refused to acknowledge these facts, was Boeheim.

He couldn't even give Moyer and his family the benefit of the doubt when Moyer felt he couldn't play. That's the kind of kid who WOULD play hurt and not complain.

In fairness, I will say that Dolezaj's drastic improvement over the last few games only aggravated this situation as it kept Moyer on the bench ...but probably more on the bench than truly justified.

I've tried to stay out of this discussion, but every time another thread comes up about him it stings all over again

While I really like MM you don’t know what JB did or didn’t do. If I was MM I would have seen that, at the time, I was #4 for playing time, and possibly 5, at forward. I’d want to play. It didn’t seem great when his folks got involved but we on the outside, I think, must realize we are on the outside and don’t know what transpires.

It’s an assumption. Might be a big part of it, a small part of it, or no part of it. We don’t really know.
Make uncorroborated assumptions. That's what we do here, isn't it. But if you deduce it logically, he would have had to think that Bazley and OB get most of the time and Marek gets a bit. That would have definitely made Marek stay and start in 2019 and the other spot would have gone to a 4 or 5 star. Now Marek is starting and could easily be gone in 2019 leaving a starting spot for a transfer or freshman or for Moyer.

Make uncorroborated assumptions. That's what we do here, isn't it. But if you deduce it logically, he would have had to think that Bazley and OB get most of the time and Marek gets a bit. That would have definitely made Marek stay and start in 2019 and the other spot would have gone to a 4 or 5 star. Now Marek is starting and could easily be gone in 2019 leaving a starting spot for a transfer or freshman or for Moyer.

Like others have said, as a transfer he won’t play a second of basketball next year and since he’s already redshirted he’s giving up a year of eligibility. So if it was about next years playing time, well...that doesn’t really add up based on those factors.

Or it’s because people don’t want to see a repeat of 2017-18 in which we had fewer players than we needed.

It’s the “bad breath is better than no breath” syndrome.
I think we have enough players without him. I just think he brings some "je ne sais quoi" to the team. Some real " esprit de corps".

Status
Not open for further replies.