Why did I just see Greg Robinson in Topps? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Why did I just see Greg Robinson in Topps?

One fat stoner LB is indicative of the attitude of the entire team for some people.

my brain is farting... who are we talking about?

One fat stoner LB is indicative of the attitude of the entire team for some people.

That would be a fair comment if he was the only one, but he was just the ring leader and several were there. And that comes from someone that was there. But regardless, whether it was 1, 5, 10, or 100, it was not a good environment.

it was in reference to 'one of the worst posts of all time' obviously.

making a joke about a guy who made $5million is nothing compared to the hatred that fab, donte, and craig forth got.

and by all counts, craig forth was just as good of a guy as grob.

grob was questionably the worst hire in the history of college football. he got paid a lot of money. he is free game. craig forth shouldnt be.
gotta share a CF story that isn't so flattering. Been holding on to it for nearly a decade but this discussion warrants bringing up to if nothing else provide some balance here. Interacted with Grob many times and if nothing else the guy was nothing but a gentleman. And I mean one of the nicest people I've ever met, period. Forget his coaching ability of lack thereof.

I was heavily involved with the Big brother program for nearly a decade and CF was invited to one of our dinners. Since I was involved in the program that night I was at the big shots table as was he and his girlfriend. After the cocktail hour as we all were getting seated for the main program he and his date were the last to sit. And for some God forsaken unknown reason he lets out the following comment for all of us to hear at the table.

Words to the effect of "yeah it was all I could do to get her here as she didn't want to be here or go to this event, had to talk her into to it". The horrified look on her face none of us there will ever forget. When he was away for a bit one of the ladies at the table had to say some comforting words later to get her through the event. Most classless, inappropriate and down right mean thing I've ever seen in such a circumstance.

So in my one encounter with CF he was a classless insensitive jerk, while my multiple interactions with the coaching challenged Grob showed him nothing to be but a nice magnanimous person. Not always is all as it seems.

gotta share a CF story that isn't so flattering. Been holding on to it for nearly a decade but this discussion warrants bringing up to if nothing else provide some balance here. Interacted with Grob many times and if nothing else the guy was nothing but a gentleman. And I mean one of the nicest people I've ever met, period. Forget his coaching ability of lack thereof.

I was heavily involved with the Big brother program for nearly a decade and CF was invited to one of our dinners. Since I was involved in the program that night I was at the big shots table as was he and his girlfriend. After the cocktail hour as we all were getting seated for the main program he and his date were the last to sit. And for some God forsaken unknown reason he lets out the following comment for all of us to hear at the table.

Words to the effect of "yeah it was all I could do to get her here as she didn't want to be here or go to this event, had to talk her into to it". The horrified look on her face none of us there will ever forget. When he was away for a bit one of the ladies at the table had to say some comforting words later to get her through the event. Most classless, inappropriate and down right mean thing I've ever seen in such a circumstance.

So in my one encounter with CF he was a classless insensitive jerk, while my multiple interactions with the coaching challenged Grob showed him nothing to be but a nice magnanimous person. Not always is all as it seems.

Fair enough... But still, the main difference is forth is a non-paid athlete. Grrob made $5million. You should filter yourself when talking about colligiate athletes IMO. I don't really care what you say about collegiate coaches. They know what they signed up for and are paid handsomely for it.

CF's comments don't exactly sound like the "crime of the century" to me. But you were there and you had some skin in this game so I'll take your word for it.

But I will say this. There's a huge difference between being 20 and being 50. By the time you are 50, you have figured out what to say and what not to say. You have found out --- possibly through trial and error --- that just because something pops into you head, it doesn't mean that you have to say the words. You develop a buffer that allows you to think, "If I say this, is anybody going to take this the wrong way?" Am I going to offend anyone?"

What's the saying? It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you may be an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Also, Lancaster market. Being one of the few freshmen with a car, and living in Lawrinson with an elevator that bypasses having to bring things past the front desk was key.

Lancaster Market was great for being underage...I think I got asked for my fake once.

OK, I do remember that now. I just couldn;t recall who or when it was (not that I thought it didn't happen).

44cuse

Because Tops never stops saving you more.

I'll be honest, while I understand that Greg Robinson is a hella nice guy and good human being, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't capable of doing something horrific to him during that Penn State debacle in 2008. I don't know if I've ever been so full of rage and disgust while watching SU football.

Was that the game where the first snap went over our QB's head for a turnover?

You know, all joking aside I think it says something positive about the people of Syracuse and Central New York that Greg Robinson can regularly visit the area (if not live here) and show up at Tops Market and what all and not have to worry about some drunken slob trying to bust him in the face. If Greg had done what he did at SU for Alabama I don't think there would be a Winn Dixie within 300 miles of Tuscaloosa he could stroll through without risking life and limb.

You know, all joking aside I think it says something positive about the people of Syracuse and Central New York that Greg Robinson can regularly visit the area (if not live here) and show up at Tops Market and what all and not have to worry about some drunken slob trying to bust him in the face. If Greg had done what he did at SU for Alabama I don't think there would be a Winn Dixie within 300 miles of Tuscaloosa he could stroll through without risking life and limb.

This is so very true, and why I laugh hysterically when some people here say how hard it is to coach SU in regards to the fanbase. Our fans are benign, all things considered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom