Why didn't Dino Babers bring Eric Dungey back sooner? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Why didn't Dino Babers bring Eric Dungey back sooner?

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 4.16.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 4.20.55 PM.png

This is the play Dungey hurt his shoulder. 9:34 left in 2nd quarter. Check it out in the replay. He was obviously in discomfort after the play.

All these opinions are... opinions. Can’t we just go by what Dino said?

He didn’t elude to a “dinged” shoulder. He said he wanted to get TD reps. I don’t consider a bag of ice a smoking gun nor do I dismiss that he was hurt. No one here really knows what’s up but some like to surmise they do.

Weren't your opinions that Dino was screwing around and Dungey was inexplicably benched for 5 series.

Weren't your opinions that Dino was screwing around and Dungey was inexplicably benched for 5 series.

Yes. I think given the information I had at the time getting him 5 series was screwing around. Dino said nothing about an injury. You have declared it as fact. And maybe you are right. Or wrong.

but Devito did not look to bad out there

Yes he did. I don’t understand how people can say otherwise. He missed receivers by YARDS on multiple clean pocket throws.

I’m not worried about it. Kid is young and coming into a game cold so it’s no big deal, but to say he didn’t look bad is delusional.

Yes he did. I don’t understand how people can say otherwise. He missed receivers by YARDS on multiple clean pocket throws.

I’m not worried about it. Kid is young and coming into a game cold so it’s no big deal, but to say he didn’t look bad is delusional.

To me: he didn’t play well. But he didn’t “look” bad. What I mean by that is that he looked quick and athletic with a good arm that throws a nice looking ball. As I’ve said before, he does look small though.

You could see the ability, is all I mean. He missed some throws, but also everything around him seemed to melt down too which certainly didn’t help out the freshman QB in his first action.

I’m sorry, 9-16 doesn’t grant you this leash.

We ain’t talking about Boeheim here.
First rodeo?

Coaching careers outside of Syracuse mean nothing.

Is this the Pleasantville Gazette?

First rodeo?

Coaching careers outside of Syracuse mean nothing.

Is this the Pleasantville Gazette?

Coaching careers at Bowling Green mean less than nothing

13 but whos counting:)
The last 2 drives of the game would have been TDs if we needed the scores.
Instead we ran stretch runs or straight up the middle a lot of plays.
Dino called the dogs he could have kicked a FG as well to go up 23 if he cared. He wanted to run the clock and reduce the plays.

First, we were up 4 scores, not 3, when Dino made the switch (someone said 3 earlier).

Just watched the hit where Dungey got hurt...first, it was a normal football play, not some Dungey kamikaze play, he was standing in the pocket, they blitzed, he took the pressure, made a pass (incomplete) and took the hit.

And he looked like he was really hurt.

Dungey needed to snap into a slim jim to get back on the field.

He didn't hurt his shoulder on the TD run. It was on a sack he took a little later. It was a direct hit on his throwing shoulder. He hesitated on the ground. You could tell it was a good stinger. Surprised the not many people saw it. Dungey got up but you could tell his shoulder was hurting after the hit.
You are correct. He was grimmacing on the ground after he was hit and layed there for a few seconds and when he got up, the camera focused in on his face and he was still grimmacing as he jogged off the field.

This whole discussion around "34-7 wasn't a big enough lead we should have waited to put DeVito in until the game was REALLY wrapped up" is some hilarious goal post moving.

Our offense was steam rolling, our defense had one leaky drive, there was zero reason to anticipate that the offense would completely go in the tank and the defense would become Swiss cheese like that. None at all.

With a 4 score lead you kinda have to have confidence in your team. I mean, getting out to that lead earns it.

Yep

This team is not going to move beyond the live or die with Dungey mode until it performs without him in the lineup and it means something.

Talk about putting all the eggs in one basket. It's not good for the program in the long run to be this dependent on one player, especially a guy that thinks it's a good idea to take on a defender with his throwing shoulder instead of running to the pylon.

Your clueless

50% completion for 40-some yards and no points on the board, taking multiple sacks, and missing targets by yards on a couple throws with clean pockets.

You’re right... he looked great. All world. I dunno why Babers took him out of the game he was looking so good.

8E278779-5BFE-4620-8279-4F3A45C7A6AC.gif

Last edited:
You must have been watching a different game. Kid was overwhelmed and missing targets by a mile.

You're out of your damn mind. Let's see he threw 10 passes, completed 5, but one was negated because of a hold so he was officially 4 of 9.

Butler quit on two, a deep sideline and an out that could have been caught. He was slightly overthrown on another sideline pattern that was a yard too long.

He missed on his first throw on a deep out across the field and threw one away after early pressure.

So let's see, 5 incompletions, 2 should have been catches, two slight misses, and one throw away.

Which passes did he miss by a mile?

50% completion for 40-some yards and no points on the board, taking multiple sacks, and missing targets by yards on a couple throws with clean pockets.

You’re right... he looked great. All world. I dunno why Babers took him out of the game he was looking so good.

View attachment 138294

For crying out loud, there were some positives. It's amazing how you can be all sunshine and roses when it comes to the Bills but didn't see anything from Devito. Oh well it's your credibility.

For crying out loud, there were some positives. It's amazing how you can be all sunshine and roses when it comes to the Bills but didn't see anything from Devito. Oh well it's your credibility.

It’s amazing how you’re all doom and gloom when comes to the Bills but sunshine and roses when it comes to DeVito. Oh well it’s your credibility.

See how that works? At least I’m positive about a team that had a winning record last year. Your huffing the kool-aid of a 9-16 coach. Have at it.

People keep saying he looked good. I’m saying he didn’t. I think the proof is all on tape if you want to go look at it again.

I’m not saying we should rescind his scholarship. I’m saying he didn’t play well Friday - I can’t believe it’s such a controversial take. But some people get attached to what they read on the recruiting board rather than what they see with their eyes.

As I said in a post yesterday. He didn’t play well - it’s no big deal. I’m not worried about it. He’s a rook who came into a game cold. But there are true rook QB’s I’ve seen around the country lighting it up this weekend. Ours didn’t.

You're out of your damn mind. Let's see he threw 10 passes, completed 5, but one was negated because of a hold so he was officially 4 of 9.

Butler quit on two, a deep sideline and an out that could have been caught. He was slightly overthrown on another sideline pattern that was a yard too long.

He missed on his first throw on a deep out across the field and threw one away after early pressure.

So let's see, 5 incompletions, 2 should have been catches, two slight misses, and one throw away.

Which passes did he miss by a mile?

There are 2 passes I can thing of off the top of my head that he missed by a mile. One was a short throw to the left and the other is not quite as clear in my mind on the details but I remember thinking “way off” to myself on two throws.

Like I said in my response to Msorange. It’s no big deal that he didn’t play great. But let’s at least be honest with ourselves about it.

It’s amazing how you’re all doom and gloom when comes to the Bills but sunshine and roses when it comes to DeVito. Oh well it’s your credibility.

See how that works? At least I’m positive about a team that had a winning record last year. Your huffing the kool-aid of a 9-16 coach. Have at it.

People keep saying he looked good. I’m saying he didn’t. I think the proof is all on tape if you want to go look at it again.

I’m not saying we should rescind his scholarship. I’m saying he didn’t play well Friday - I can’t believe it’s such a controversial take. But some people get attached to what they read on the recruiting board rather than what they see with their eyes.

As I said in a post yesterday. He didn’t play well - it’s no big deal. I’m not worried about it. He’s a rook who came into a game cold. But there are true rook QB’s I’ve seen around the country lighting it up this weekend. Ours didn’t.

I’m not a Bills fan but my expert eyes saw more good than bad from Devito.

I’m not a Bills fan but my expert eyes saw more good than bad from Devito.

I saw one QB do nothing and the other put up 55 points.

Guess you guys have gotten used to the moral victory thing or something.

Really odd to me.

I saw one QB do nothing and the other put up 55 points.

Guess you guys have gotten used to the moral victory thing or something.

Really odd to me.

1. You’re comparing him to what Dungey did.

2. A lot of the bad had nothing to do with him.

3. Expecting him to be great his first time under center isn’t really fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom