Why do I invest in this program? | Syracusefan.com

Why do I invest in this program?

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
They always say know when it's time to cut losses on a bad investment.

My wife always asks me why do I put myself through this every week, every season.

And I do not have a good answer anymore.

Enough with the hope and change malarkey.

I'm taking a break for a while. Enough is enough.

My wife always asks me why do I put myself through this every week, every season.

im with you. this is a bad loss.

I didn't get tickets this year because I kept hearing the same thing. They want fans and support well give us something to support. I'm done wasting Saturdays and money.

This loss is sad because I'm losing faith in Dino, and since our University isn't willing to partake in any semblance of a CFB arms race, he's really our only hope.

The ACC is becoming a Football Power and I'm going to resign myself to the fact that the powers that be are totally ok with cashing that P5 check and being the Rutgers/Vandy of this conference.

Just apathetic and sad really. Not mad. Not angry. Just not caring for the time being.

Last edited:
It's part of being a fan of any sports team. You will ALWAYS have these games that make you go w.t.f...I grew up a Browns fan and a Red Sox fan talk about having wasted seasons. Luckily for me the Browns moved to Baltimore and won 2 super bowls and the Red Sox got good ownership/management and won 3 world series. The wait makes all the great times that much sweeter. Tomorrow will be a better day.

It's part of being a fan of any sports team. You will ALWAYS have these games that make you go w.t. ...I grew up a Browns fan and a Red Sox fan talk about having wasted seasons. Luckily for me the Browns moved to Baltimore and won 2 super bowls and the Red Sox got good ownership/management and won 3 world series. The wait makes all the great times that much sweeter. Tomorrow will be a better day.
I'll go with devitos jr year will start our better days. We need time for new recruits to start filling in the problem areas

It's part of being a fan of any sports team. You will ALWAYS have these games that make you go w.t. ...I grew up a Browns fan and a Red Sox fan talk about having wasted seasons. Luckily for me the Browns moved to Baltimore and won 2 super bowls and the Red Sox got good ownership/management and won 3 world series. The wait makes all the great times that much sweeter. Tomorrow will be a better day.
I can do that with the Buffalo Bills because there's the Draft and owners with money can get creative with the cap etc etc. There's real hope that you can go from last to first as it happens in some division every year.

Syracuse has not shown itself willing to spend requisite money on the football program.

We're in a conference that does. This isn't 1980 anymore.

We have ALOT going against us and it seems the University is ok being a bottom feeder in a P5 Conference.

It's getting to be embarrassing.

I know there are some here that bang the "scheme trumps talent" drum, but the fact is that it doesn't. Scheme matters, but talent recruited for that scheme matters as much or more.

Babers scheme is built on going fast, forcing the defense to line up and tip its hand, reading the one-on-one matchup, and gaining chunks of yardage. On paper, it works. But on paper, the triple option works too. If your line can't block, your backs can't hit the outside, your receivers can't catch, and your defense is average...you aren't going to be good just because of scheme. Amba Etta-Tawo attoned for a lot of this team's offensive sins last year. He's gone, and it shows.

The reality is that we are going to have to wait until 2019 to see what Dino can really do with his guys. I've invested 15 years of 4 hour soul-sucking afternoons is this...program. I can wait 2 more.

I can do that with the Buffalo Bills because there's the Draft and owners with money can get creative with the cap etc etc. There's real hope that you can go from last to first as it happens in some division every year.

Syracuse has not shown itself willing to spend requisite money on the football program.

We're in a conference that does. This isn't 1980 anymore.

We have ALOT going against us and it seems the University is ok being a bottom feeder in a P5 Conference.

We invested in a private jet service
We hired a TON of staff this off season
Locker rooms updated
Looking into updating the Dome
It takes time and a ton of money we don't have yet to move this program that was stuck in the 80s, just saying no magic 2 year fix.

I'll go with devitos jr year will start our better days. We need time for new recruits to start filling in the problem areas
Was I hoping for a great 2nd year sure, but I agree year three should be much much better.

Locker rooms updated
It takes time and a ton of money we don't have yet to move this program that was stuck in the 80s, just saying no magic 2 year fix.
No one is asking for a magic fix. We are asking to beat mid-majors at home. We just got dominated by a mid-major at home. This is gergian bad

No one is asking for a magic fix. We are asking to beat mid-majors at home. We just got dominated by a mid-major at home. This is gergian bad
People sure are acting like we all of the sudden got really good, so yes no one is really "asking" but they sure as hell acting like it.

I think eventually the administrator will hit the bottom and decides to spend money on the new Dome. Then both SU football and basketball will be alive again.

is the goal of football to be entertained or only root if you win? i can spend 15 bucks for 4 hrs a a fball game or 15 for 2 hrs at a movie

I think the babers 1.5 year click gave people hope and it was just torn away
BUT we are not their yet and people are acting like we are, still weeks away...

Locker rooms updated
Last time I heard. SU no longer want to update the dome. At least put a halt on it.

Years
I was talking about Dino's 1.5 years to get the system down and he even said at the start of last year with what he had it might take 2 years BUT yet here we where at the start of this season talking about 8-9 wins :bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom