Why do I invest in this program? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Why do I invest in this program?

So we just print money? You have no sound logic at all.
What question are you asking me to answer my own?
Did anyone say anything about printing money? I'll answer for you, NO.

This is my post.
upload_2017-9-9_21-22-54.png

SU cashes the same ACC checks as Clemson every year for the past 4 years. Why does SU divert that revenue to the general fund instead of re-investing it in the athletic department?

That's the question.

This is my post.
View attachment 109475

SU cashes the same ACC checks as Clemson every year for the past 4 years. Why does SU divert that revenue to the general fund instead of re-investing it in the athletic department?

That's the question.

Okay let me break it down for you again
You think just because we get the same check from the ACC that Clemson does we should be able to spend like them if we stop giving money back to the school.
I said Clemson gets more money from other sources
You want us to do something we don't have the money to do, please tell me how you would get it other then printing money?

Scary that the university doesn't invest as much in their own program financially or emotionally as the fans do.

Until they do, it will be more of the the same we have been seeing the past 15-16 years.

This is my post.
View attachment 109475

That's the question.

I will gladly tell you that we certainly do NOT have clemson money lol. We get roughly the same ACC check. That's it.

I know there are some here that bang the "scheme trumps talent" drum, but the fact is that it doesn't. Scheme matters, but talent recruited for that scheme matters as much or more.

Babers scheme is built on going fast, forcing the defense to line up and tip its hand, reading the one-on-one matchup, and gaining chunks of yardage. On paper, it works. But on paper, the triple option works too. If your line can't block, your backs can't hit the outside, your receivers can't catch, and your defense is average...you aren't going to be good just because of scheme. Amba Etta-Tawo attoned for a lot of this team's offensive sins last year. He's gone, and it shows.

The reality is that we are going to have to wait until 2019 to see what Dino can really do with his guys. I've invested 15 years of 4 hour soul-sucking afternoons is this...program. I can wait 2 more.
Same scheme and talent wins this game last year (with less time in the scheme). No excuses to lose today. Absolutely none.

I'd even say, Shafer's teams don't lose this game.

It's embarrassing plain and simple.

Okay let me break it down for you again
You think just because we get the same check from the ACC that Clemson does we should be able to spend like them if we stop giving money back to the school.
I said Clemson gets more money from other sources
You want us to do something we don't have the money to do, please tell me how you would get it other then printing money?
Let's hear your solution to the facility arms race for Syracuse University Athletics then.

I will wait.

Whether you like it or not, that is the only way to compete these days. If SU chooses not to compete , fans will choose not to watch a team that can't compete. Simple.

I will gladly tell you that we certainly do NOT have clemson money lol. We get roughly the same ACC check. That's it.
And the University CHOOSES to make it worse by diverting funds from the AD to the general fund.

Seems smart to me. Knowing we are behind financially in athletics, we should siphon off more money.

Did you see my post here? With tonight loss we are 70-114 the past fifteen years. They haven't had a ten win season and ranking since I graduated high school. I am 34 years old. My entire adult life has been nothing but wait until this or with until that.

I am done waiting.

I had a great experience with this program as a youth. Winning seasons and exciting players every year and the expectation that anytime and where the program could win versus anyone.

This loss is more of the same. And I am tired of it. Maybe we win 9 or 10 games once every two decades to keep the base engaged. 2013 gets farther and farther away. Basically outside of a small stretch of time from 2010-2014, we have been dog spit as a program.

Add to the fact we had pre season votes in coaches poll and added some after beating a sheet FCS team, we had some buzz and momentum in the coaches eyes. Then we come out and lay a complete cluster fudge on the 87 team celebration night and we lose all of that and will not see that again this year.

The fact we haven't been ranked in decade plus and other HORRIBLE programs have somehow found ways to get ranked.

We are the true dumpster fire.

That's why I have had it with things.

That's why I need to take a break.

Let's hear your solution to the facility arms race for Syracuse University Athletics then.

I will wait.

Whether you like it or not, that is the only way to compete these days. If SU chooses not to compete , fans will choose not to watch a team that can't compete. Simple.

Nice deflection, good job just running your mouth without actually knowing what you are talking about.

The solution is pretty simple win games. It's a lot easier to get donations, sponsors, crowds, and on and on and on...

We do actually. We get pretty much the same check from the ACC every year.

We choose to give it to the general university fund instead of re-invest it in athletics.

Been cashing 22+ million dollar checks for 4 years now, haven't seen any 22 million dollar changes on the hill yet.

You don't know how investments in sports is done. Not st SU, not at Clemson. We've had 99 threads on this topic.

Last edited:
Nice deflection, good job just running your mouth without actually knowing what you are talking about.

The solution is pretty simple win games. It's a lot easier to get donations, sponsors, crowds, and on and on and on...
You are deflecting and not answering anything yet accusing me of deflecting.

You haven't given a solution to anything or answered anything I have asked.

I have been pretty direct so far I think.

You are deflecting and not answering anything yet accusing me of deflecting.

You haven't given a solution to anything or answered anything I have asked.

I have been pretty direct so far I think.

I just gave you my answer? You want SU to spend like Clemson we don't have the money, I've asked twice now and you just tell me I can't read or ask me how to fix. That's not direct.

I'm done with this discussion. The only thing that will change this program is investment and commitment on the part
You don't know how investments in sports is done. Not st SU, not st Clemson. We've had 99 threads on this topic.
I know exactly how investment in sports is done.

I always wonder where people go when they "give up" on a team they've followed for so long. I haven't been around all that long and I can't fathom jumping into any other fanbase.

Same scheme and talent wins this game last year (with less time in the scheme). No excuses to lose today. Absolutely none.

I'd even say, Shafer's teams don't lose this game.

It's embarrassing plain and simple.

We'd have won this game last year, but it's not the same talent.

Etta-Tawo alone accounted for over 35% of our total passing yards last year, 58% of our receiving touchdowns, and 35% of our total offensive touchdowns.

I just gave you my answer? You want SU to spend like Clemson we don't have the money, I've asked twice now and you just tell me I can't read or ask me how to fix. That's not direct.

I DID NOT SAY WE HAD TO SPEND LIKE CLEMSON.

So let's start again with question #1

1 - Why does SU divert athletic revenue from the Athletics Department and put it into the general university fund?

Fact is that they do this when Clemson doesn't. So, even if Clemson didn't have huge donors or IPTAY, we are putting our own athletic department behind everyone else by doing this.

This needs to stop for starters. It sends the message that athletics is not important.

DO you agree?

I'm done with this discussion. The only thing that will change this program is investment and commitment on the part

I know exactly how investment in sports is done.

You don't if you keep replying that we get the same check as Clemson. Name a school that invests in facilities and I'll bet 99% of the time it's not the school paying for it unless it's a small project.

1 - Why does SU divert athletic revenue from the Athletics Department and put it into the general university fund?

Fact is that they do this when Clemson doesn't. So, even if Clemson didn't have huge donors or IPTAY, we are putting our own athletic department behind everyone else by doing this.

This needs to stop for starters. It sends the message that athletics is not important.

DO you agree?

You just proved my point. You don't know.

Etta-Tawo alone accounted for over 35% of our total passing yards last year, 58% of our receiving touchdowns, and 35% of our total offensive touchdowns.
So there's 65% that could have got it done today. One player does not a team or scheme make, enough excuses, the coach of said scheme sucked today and laid a giant egg.

You don't if you keep replying that we get the same check as Clemson. Name a school that invests in facilities and I'll bet 99% of the time it's not the school paying for it unless it's a small project.

I am aware that other schools have huge donors that pay for most of their facilities.

SU doesn't have that type of donor for athletics, correct?

DO you agree?

1. I clearly do not have that answer as that information is not made public. I don't know why they are diverting funds. Maybe they have to, to pay something back from when we where making $4 in the Big East, we will never know

You did however say this
All of this is about 2% of what Clemson spent last year on their facilities.

Whooop de doo, when they come up with another 126 mil to compete give me a call, then I will believe they are serious about competing in this conference.

This is where my comments come from. You clearly think we will somehow get the money to spend like them. At this point in time we can not.

Add to that D's had to pay attention to him thus opening it up for others. This team needs 2 WR play makers and 1 RB that can make people miss and sprint to the end zone. The pieces are not there but hope they are coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom