Why do I invest in this program? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why do I invest in this program?

They don't have the money for it right now

The last thing we want is for SU to be in massive debt for football. But we should be able to get some type of fancy facility.

Sixteen years since a good team is a long time.

is the goal of football to be entertained or only root if you win? i can spend 15 bucks for 4 hrs a a fball game or 15 for 2 hrs at a movie

I don't know that "entertained" is what I would call what I was today

They always say know when it's time to cut losses on a bad investment.

My wife always asks me why do I put myself through this every week, every season.

And I do not have a good answer anymore.

Enough with the hope and change malarkey.

I'm taking a break for a while. Enough is enough.

It stopped becoming fun for me years ago. I thought we could have a nice 3-0 start this year and grow from there even if we fell short of a bowl this year. Clearly I was wrong. The 4+ hour games, the losing...it's too much. I don't blame anyone for not going. I might take the next few games off myself as it's not fun going up there anymore. And if it's not fun why do it.

They always say know when it's time to cut losses on a bad investment.

My wife always asks me why do I put myself through this every week, every season.

And I do not have a good answer anymore.

Enough with the hope and change malarkey.

I'm taking a break for a while. Enough is enough.
And that is fine. Take a break. Being a fan is a choice not a mandatory requirement of life.

We invested in a private jet service
We hired a TON of staff this off season
Locker rooms updated
Looking into updating the Dome
It takes time and a ton of money we don't have yet to move this program that was stuck in the 80s, just saying no magic 2 year fix.
All of this is about 2% of what Clemson spent last year on their facilities.

Whooop de doo, when they come up with another 126 mil to compete give me a call, then I will believe they are serious about competing in this conference.

Whooop de doo, when they come up with another 126 mil to compete give me a call, then I will believe they are serious about competing in this conference.

LOL we don't have Clemson money...

LOL we don't have Clemson money...
We do actually. We get pretty much the same check from the ACC every year.

We choose to give it to the general university fund instead of re-invest it in athletics.

Been cashing 22+ million dollar checks for 4 years now, haven't seen any 22 million dollar changes on the hill yet.

They have been horrible my entire adult life.

I'm 34 and they won 10 games when I was 20.

Foock me

Edit. I was 18. Started my freshman year of college. Even worse

I have 20 years on you.

Started back in 1971 when I was 8 years old.

Saw the last three years of Coach Ben, all of Maloney, Mac, P, Goob, Marone, HCSS, and now Dino.

And I'm still here.

I've been entertained, and I've been frustrated. Some years both at the same time.

They can take my season tickets when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

To each his own...

You do know the difference between a public and a private school, right?

We do actually. We get pretty much the same check from the ACC every year.

We choose to give it to the general university fund instead of re-invest it in athletics.

Been cashing 22+ million dollar checks for 4 years now, haven't seen any 22 million dollar changes on the hill yet.

Alumni donations are the same?
The same amount of help comes from the state?
They have had ACC money for years and years we had Big East money for years and years
Yeah that's clearly the same amount of money.

They have had ACC money for years and years we had Big East money for years and years
They also have about 40% more students that SU does. Each year. That's a lot more donation potential.

Did you answer the question?
You do know the difference between a public and a private school, right?

Irrelevant. There aren't 2 separate leagues, one for private schools and one for state funded. Until there is we are competing against them and that shouldn't be the fallback excuse every time a private school is compared.

Secondly, Clemson had publicly stated that no state money is spent on their athletics program. It is all league revenue, donations and IPTAY.

We should go to a league that doesn't have those things then.

Until there is such a league, SU needs to spend to compete with who they have to play year in and year out.

There isn't a "Haves" league and a "Have Not's" league that I am aware of.

Until there is such a league, SU needs to spend to compete with who they have to play year in and year out.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else with the state of the football program, but the primary mission of the university isn't "fielding an ACC champion football team." They're not going to spend general fund $ on athletics.

The university will spend on athletics what the donors and ACC revenue will fund. No more, no less. We will always be behind Clemson, FSU, etc. They get the same ACC money we do, plus vastly more donor money.

I have no delusions about what SU football is or what it can be. But it should be better than this.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else with the state of the football program, but the primary mission of the university isn't "fielding an ACC champion football team." They're not going to spend general fund $ on athletics.

The university will spend on athletics what the donors and ACC revenue will fund. No more, no less. We will always be behind Clemson, FSU, etc. They get the same ACC money we do, plus vastly more donor money.

I have no delusions about what SU football is or what it can be. But it should be better than this.

You clearly aren't paying attention.

They aren't in any way shape form or in any universe going to funnel general funds to athletics. THE PROBLEM IS JUST THE OPPOSITE.

They are constantly taking from athletic revenue and putting it to the General Fund. They should keep the athletics revenue where it is, just re--invest it in athletics.

Wow, just Wow.

So we just print money? You have no sound logic at all.
What question are you asking me to answer my own?

This loss sucks. Inexcusable. But now you're not going to be a fan because THIS was finally the straw that broke the camels back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom