Why does Minnesota suck so freaking bad? | Syracusefan.com

Why does Minnesota suck so freaking bad?

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
They use to at least be ok, kind of reminds me of our nosedive. Rf I know you are up that way, any input

I liked Kill a lot at SIU and NIU. His first game vs USC they looked decent. Since then it has been downhill. I wonder if his health has anything to do with it? Or maybe his ceiling is the MAC? Or maybe he is taking an O built for an NFL WCO and is running something else that doesn't mesh with the players?

I liked Kill a lot at SIU and NIU. His first game vs USC they looked decent. Since then it has been downhill. I wonder if his health has anything to do with it? Or maybe his ceiling is the MAC? Or maybe he is taking an O built for an NFL WCO and is running something else that doesn't mesh with the players?

Agree, the guys was good in the Mac, I just understand why they are solo bad, losing is one thing but they are getting blown out every game at this point...

They use to at least be ok, kind of reminds me of our nosedive. Rf I know you are up that way, any input

My opinion only, but Minnesota was a solid team under Glenn Mason [and Browning]. Problem was, they played in a tough conference, and their ceiling was always 8-3. So the fanbase got tired of that and they fired Mason and brought in an ass clown--Brewster--to replace him. Brewster was an NFL TE coach who wasn't remotely prepared to be a head coach. He WAS brash--I'll give him that--and declared that they would have top 10 recruiting classes, etc. and actually brought in a couple of good classes.

Brewster's initial success--again, this is just my opinion--was based on inheriting a solid roster from Mason. The team got consistently worse and worse every year, and his coaching staff got more and more exposed as time went on. They had one year a couple of seasons ago where they started off 5-0 or something like that, and ended up ranked fairly high [maybe even as high as #12 or #15, then proceeded to lose every game except one down the stretch and finished 6-6. And in the game they won [against Purdue], they won something like 23-20, with Purdue turning the ball over 5 or 6 times.

The year we played them, I really thought we might be able to surprise them and win the game. The difference was Eric Decker--a stud WR who is now starting for the Denver Broncos. Kid abused us all day, and there were two instances in the fourth quarter where they had 4th and long, and their lousy QB just threw it up, and Decker outmuscled / out-athleteted the coverage. Shame...although I look forward to paying them back next season and returning the favor at TCF Stadium.

Kill was a great hire, and he took an approach similar to Marrone's this offseason. He is a complete no-nonsense guy, and the local media isn't fully sure what to make of him, given that he'll candidly answer questions, has no problem saying "we stink right now," etc. Like several people in this thread, I figured that his success building programs at the MAC level would make him a great fit for rebuilding a second tier Big 10 squad, but this has been a tough year for the Gophers.

Kill's seizure sure didn't help things, but they've gotten beat by 40+ multiple times this year--which I kind of enjoy, since several of my friends up here are diehard U of M supporters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom