Why doesnt SU basketball utilize social media | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Why doesnt SU basketball utilize social media

You mean the stuff that fans make? Because the football staff cannot make those videos lol

Theres a mixture of fan and stuff by school. Coaches do videos for every football recruit once loi is signed.

Lol?

Last edited:
Theres a mixture of fan and stuff by school. Coaches do videos for every football recruit once loi is signed.

Lol?

Well the word 'recruit' was used - the staff cannot make a video about a prospective student athlete until that LOI is signed. They can't even say their names until the LOI is signed. That's all I was saying

Well the word 'recruit' was used - the staff cannot make a video about a prospective student athlete until that LOI is signed. They can't even say their names until the LOI is signed. That's all I was saying
Read todays Daily Orange. I hope JB does.

Social media is 10000% an advantage and the basketball team should use it to the extent that the football team does. Yeah a kid isn’t going to pick a school just based off social media, that’s silly to think.

However all these kids are on social media. Don’t think for a minute they don’t love all the attention, edits, etc they receive. Social media helps kids become more familiar with the school, players, and coaches without even visiting the school.

Huge example the football team just came out with La Familia which I’m sure everyone knows about. A recruit can look at that and see how the team vibes, what they do on a day to day basis, what practices are like, the personality of players and coaches, they can see facilities, and so much more just through this video series. They can see all of that without even visiting, and it may make it easier to get a kid on campus now, or maybe he becomes more intrigued with Syracuse. It all adds up and is a huge assist to coaches. It’s never going to be a deciding factor for a kid but hell it can be a huge assist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom