Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

Gotta love the reunion shows.

Nany went a little heavy on the lip filler and Moriah got a nose job. I don't understand the pressure women are under. They're both beautiful, doesn't seem like those were improvements. Olivia as a red head works.

Since I'm being shallow Nurys is really good looking but showed some ugly personality.

Michelle is nuts.

Winning The Challenge suits Devin.

I feel like they might have wrapped filming the next big season before they even did this reunion show.

Horacio is going to be a threat for a long time. I think the dude's a monster.

Fessy still sucks, Kaycee is still boring.

Nurys is soooo hot, but concur, she just seems like a jerk.

I never get why people like Nany. She seems like a solid person. But she's just too much of something for me...maybe too earnest? Like the person who gives you really obvious advice all the time, but very passionately, and so you kinda just want them to leave you alone IRL.

Horacio does seem like a monster. Kid showed up BIGLY as a rookie.

Fessy indeed sucks. Kaycee is boring.

Nurys is soooo hot, but concur, she just seems like a jerk.

I never get why people like Nany. She seems like a solid person. But she's just too much of something for me...maybe too earnest? Like the person who gives you really obvious advice all the time, but very passionately, and so you kinda just want them to leave you alone IRL.

Horacio does seem like a monster. Kid showed up BIGLY as a rookie.

Fessy indeed sucks. Kaycee is boring.
I stan for Nany. Not really sure why. Not sorry about it though.

It is hilarious how clear it is that nobody really seems to like Fessy that much. Even the women that hooked up with him.

Holy crap how is Kaycee on this champions season too?

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

I finally watched the first two episodes of The Challenge: World Championship.

I'd put money down on Danny and Tori winning this one, but Wes/Zara and Theo/Sarah look tough. Theo is huge. I don't see Jonna and the Australian guy getting to the end.

The dummy American guy who wears a cowboy hat picked Kaycee with the second female pick. He could have picked anyone except Jonna and he picks Kaycee. What an idiot.

I feel bad for Argentina. They're nice as hell but they don't appear to have much of a chance, unless they quickly bond with veterans. It's like they were included in this competition to be early round cannon fodder.

No Fessy, Nany, Kyle, Josh, CT, Aneesa, or Devin.

I finally watched the first two episodes of The Challenge: World Championship.

I'd put money down on Danny and Tori winning this one, but Wes/Zara and Theo/Sarah look tough. Theo is huge. I don't see Jonna and the Australian guy getting to the end.

The dummy American guy who wears a cowboy hat picked Kaycee with the second female pick. He could have picked anyone except Jonna and he picks Kaycee. What an idiot.

I feel bad for Argentina. They're nice as hell but they don't appear to have much of a chance, unless they quickly bond with veterans. It's like they were included in this competition to be early round cannon fodder.

No Fessy, Nany, Kyle, Josh, CT, Aneesa, or Devin.
Wes is always good at picking partners in these. I know Zara picked him, but I feel like he probably engineered that (I haven't watched episode 2).

So I haven't been commenting here on it but anyone else watching the new season of The Challenge on CBS?

It's been a solid season so far, and the two episodes a week format is great.

Really nice mix of MTV vets and people from other shows. Even the annoying ones aren't that bad this season.

The eliminations have all been good. The Hopper introduces some needed funkiness.

I'm really enjoying it.

So I haven't been commenting here on it but anyone else watching the new season of The Challenge on CBS?

It's been a solid season so far, and the two episodes a week format is great.

Really nice mix of MTV vets and people from other shows. Even the annoying ones aren't that bad this season.

The eliminations have all been good. The Hopper introduces some needed funkiness.

I'm really enjoying it.
My only issue is most of the non challenge cast aren’t very entertaining. I’m not sure what the challenge will be like in a few more years when the mtv vets are gone but I can tell you it’ll be pretty boring. There needs to be a better feeder system like the real world was. A cast of Josh and fessy types will be unwatchable.

Just me but I don't like the CBS production of the show. It feels over-produced and dry. I prefer the standard, MTV production - hand-held camera moving around frantically, burly security guards breaking up fights, blurry images that cover nudity during a late-night swim.

I agree completely, cusefan88, that the non-Challenge cast are not entertaining.
There's trying to replace aging veterans with people who are also relatively old and who do not have appealing personalities. You can't just be good-looking and fit to be on this show; you need to be interesting. We're getting a lot of Big Brother and Survivor veterans whose personalities are based on watching the last 20 years of network reality television programming.

The appeal of The Challenge isn't just people trying to out-strategize and deceive each other. Yes, that's part of it but the messiness is also a huge part.
I want to see Kyle try to hook up with two or three different women in a single season.
I want to see Kenny carrying crampy Wes on his back during a final or CT carrying Bananas like a backpack.
Who doesn't love seeing Tony getting drunk and doing...well, lots of things.
I want to see more immature embarrassment.
The Challenge become popular because (after the first 10-ish boring seasons were done), the competitors did more than just discuss strategy.

It's probably too late to try to do a Fresh Meat season because the age difference between the new people and the veterans is probably too large.
I think they need to lean into recruiting from another type of reality show - maybe Love Island, Geordie Shore, or similar shows. I've never actually seen these but I know Kyle came from Geordie Shore. Contestants don't have to be either good looking or physically tough.

accidentally saw it last night.. when i see a crew of people who cant even get the century right on when the civil war started...

accidentally saw it last night.. when i see a crew of people who cant even get the century right on when the civil war started...
You see a lot of dumb responses when they do the trivia challenges but last night's episode was honestly disturbing.

2023-08-28_14-46-52.jpg

It's why you see people like Devin dominate certain things.

I find it hilarious.

That's a good move to not allow the 'champions' to be eligible to win the season.

I really hope that bald-headed tool Jay doesn't win.
He's a a moron but actually kinda competes pretty well somehow? Zero social game and can't politic to save his life.

I'm entertained by him.

I'm so happy Ed is coming back.

Also enjoying the hell out of the current season; the hopper is awesome.

So I just watched some kind of preview or episode zero of the new Challenge season with all the contenders that have never won.

It's got a ton of potential. They're going to have a mix of big group challenges, partner challenges, and individual challenges. Plus, there are no rookies, so the politicking should be hard and fast right away.

So I just watched some kind of preview or episode zero of the new Challenge season with all the contenders that have never won.

It's got a ton of potential. They're going to have a mix of big group challenges, partner challenges, and individual challenges. Plus, there are no rookies, so the politicking should be hard and fast right away.
Just watched it.
No rookies but still some newbies and some others who have only been on the local versions of the Challenge so I'm not sure what to expect, but it should be good.

I feel like there's kind of a generational gap between this season's 'Champions' and the contenders. There are not many contenders who have more than 1 or 2 seasons of experience. This is what happens when the producers are too slow with bringing in new blood.

Nelson would have been perfect for this season. I hope his foot isn't amputated.
I think Kyle...Theo...hell, maybe even Paulie would have been good on this season, too.
I guess I should be glad that Aneesa wasn't included.

I'm putting my money on Emanuel this season.

Just watched it.
No rookies but still some newbies and some others who have only been on the local versions of the Challenge so I'm not sure what to expect, but it should be good.

I feel like there's kind of a generational gap between this season's 'Champions' and the contenders. There are not many contenders who have more than 1 or 2 seasons of experience. This is what happens when the producers are too slow with bringing in new blood.

Nelson would have been perfect for this season. I hope his foot isn't amputated.
I think Kyle...Theo...hell, maybe even Paulie would have been good on this season, too.
I guess I should be glad that Aneesa wasn't included.

I'm putting my money on Emanuel this season.
I'm Team Horacio.

From the girls side I'm thinking Colleen is going to go on a run. It seemed like she got a little bit of a spotlight on the preview episode. I think there are some clues on who they highlight as to who become the more prominent players during the season.

Awesome finale.

Chris had one helluva season. No allies, had to keep saving his own bacon in the eliminations, took out Wes... that dude earned his title.

Also Desi is a great competitor and not even a little bit ugly so I was glad to see her win too.

This season had too much Josh and Fessy, and of course once again Fessy craps his pants (not literally. Well, maybe, who knows, finals are brutal) in a final.

I wonder if the 2nd and 3rd place finishers won anything. Felt like the ending was kind of abrupt.

Anyway, really excited for the new MTV season too. I LOVE that they timed the end of this season with the start of the next one. It's like a love letter to me.

Yeah, solid season. I think The Challenge has been on an upswing the last few seasons.

My only complaint was that my YouTubeTV recording usually had glitches that never happened on MTV. I like this a lot more on MTV than CBS.

I think they should go back to giving some money to 2nd and 3rd place again.
I know most of them are getting appearance fees already but it makes it a little better to spread some money around.

Good episode of Battle for a New Champion last night.
The episode featured the most insane 'just stop talking!' moment I've ever seen on this show.
Horacio also made an enemy for no logical reason.
So far, I'm liking this season.

This New Champion season really is great. It's back to all the politicking and the alliances aren't based on stupid stuff like what show the competitors were on before, they're more about social connections and performance. Also there wasn't any of the predictable weed out the rookies crap. The challenges and eliminations have all been really good. Also, the casting director made their money, lots of female competitors that are not ugly, and the camera seems to find them pretty consistently. Some people you wouldn't expect based on past seasons are surprisingly strong competitors this time around. There's no Josh, Fessy, or Casey to bog the show down. It's been a fun watch all season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom