Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

This New Champion season really is great. It's back to all the politicking and the alliances aren't based on stupid stuff like what show the competitors were on before, they're more about social connections and performance. Also there wasn't any of the predictable weed out the rookies crap. The challenges and eliminations have all been really good. Also, the casting director made their money, lots of female competitors that are not ugly, and the camera seems to find them pretty consistently. Some people you wouldn't expect based on past seasons are surprisingly strong competitors this time around. There's no Josh, Fessy, or Casey to bog the show down. It's been a fun watch all season.
The first phase of the season was whatever, but once it hit chaos, it got really really fun.

I’ve personally been dying for a season without all the usual suspects so this has been awesome for me.

Another solid episode. Sounds like Cara Maria is committed to coming back for a future season. Which is great, because seasons like this where the girls running the social game that aren't the best competitors kinda bogs stuff down. Zara and Ravyn should be calling shots and instead they're fighting for their lives each week.

Another solid episode. Sounds like Cara Maria is committed to coming back for a future season. Which is great, because seasons like this where the girls running the social game that aren't the best competitors kinda bogs stuff down. Zara and Ravyn should be calling shots and instead they're fighting for their lives each week.
The season could've finally been unlocked with Cara winning. Instead we're stuck in neutral for who knows how long. Need to have an elimination where numerous people go home because this is dragging real bad.

The season could've finally been unlocked with Cara winning. Instead we're stuck in neutral for who knows how long. Need to have an elimination where numerous people go home because this is dragging real bad.
I would agree with that.

Just mind boggling to me how some competitors so consistently avoid eliminations this season. It's insane.

It doesn't help that most of the past champions are old and out of shape.
It's actually kind of amazing that some of the champions can't beat these pansies whose life goal is to be an influencer.

Always like Jay before this season. Now hate him.
He’s always been the underdog that everyone picks on. This is really uncharted territory for him and he looks so bad.

Kyland’s gang really blew a big opportunity this week

He’s always been the underdog that everyone picks on. This is really uncharted territory for him and he looks so bad.

Kyland’s gang really blew a big opportunity this week
My wife has hated Rayven all year and was happy but I was mad. Everything would've been perfect if Moriah finished last and then if Horacio was ahead of Ed.

Side note: it’s probably happened before but I was kinda stunned how openly TJ was talking about Horacio/Kyland being the two best competitors on the show and whatnot.

Side note: it’s probably happened before but I was kinda stunned how openly TJ was talking about Horacio/Kyland being the two best competitors on the show and whatnot.
Open for the audience, but it was only those two guys that heard that.

My wife has hated Rayven all year and was happy but I was mad. Everything would've been perfect if Moriah finished last and then if Horacio was ahead of Ed.
I like her this season. Before she seemed to be more on the show hoping something would click with that one dude.

It did seem anticlimactic that of all things that was how she was taken out, after she won eliminations.

I said the same thing. Had never heard him talk like that to anyone during thr middle of a season before.

I said the same thing. Had never heard him talk like that to anyone during thr middle of a season before.
TJ has very specific ideas about how the game should be played and how people compete, and I suspect he's not enthused about how big the social game is factoring into this.

There are ways to resolve that. They could give more power to the elimination winners. They've done that in the past. I also liked the skulls concept - you want a chance at the final, you earn it by sending someone home. The whole "avoid elimination and coast to the final" thing is crap, and the immediate eliminations on challenges are really random.

TJ probably has a lot of freedom to make comments and juice up the show but his comments felt a little staged, as if the producers want to encourage a specific storyline - Horacio and Kyland are the good guys; Jay is the big baddie.

It’s already been a frequent comment from Nurys and Zara and others that Jay and Michelle are to blame for their problems. It could never be that their coalition is not performing when they need to perform; it’s that Jay and Michelle are the evil masterminds of everything. And if you do not join Horacio and Kyland’s group (e.g., Ed), then you’re a stupid puppet who is serving Jay’s evil plans. By the way. that was a great plan by Zara to use insults to convince Ed to vote against his own best interests.

Kyland and Horacio and their team would have done exactly the same thing to Jay and his team if Horacio won that day’s event. But we’re going with a story that one team is good and the other is evil.

The reality is that there are a lot of really boring people on the show and the producers are forced to make this season more interesting.
Horacio is a great physical competitor but he has the personality of dryer lint.
Olivia does nothing except sit around in bikinis all day. She is weak AF this season. What is up with those comments that Jay betrayed you, Olivia? You voted against the team’s interests last episode. What do you think happens next?
Colleen, Mariah, James, Asaf(!!) don’t do anything at all except talk up themselves.
Ravyn is a very attractive lady but she was never going to make it to the end.
People are convinced that Michelle is a genius. That is a really bad sign.
And then you have Propecia Jay, always hamming it up for the camera.

One of these boners is going to be crowned a ‘champion’.

In the very near future, Johnny Bananas and CT and Cara and Crazy Brad won’t be around anymore and this franchise will be stuck with Horacio as one of the primary stars.
Yeesh.

TJ probably has a lot of freedom to make comments and juice up the show but his comments felt a little staged, as if the producers want to encourage a specific storyline - Horacio and Kyland are the good guys; Jay is the big baddie.

It’s already been a frequent comment from Nurys and Zara and others that Jay and Michelle are to blame for their problems. It could never be that their coalition is not performing when they need to perform; it’s that Jay and Michelle are the evil masterminds of everything. And if you do not join Horacio and Kyland’s group (e.g., Ed), then you’re a stupid puppet who is serving Jay’s evil plans. By the way. that was a great plan by Zara to use insults to convince Ed to vote against his own best interests.

Kyland and Horacio and their team would have done exactly the same thing to Jay and his team if Horacio won that day’s event. But we’re going with a story that one team is good and the other is evil.

The reality is that there are a lot of really boring people on the show and the producers are forced to make this season more interesting.
Horacio is a great physical competitor but he has the personality of dryer lint.
Olivia does nothing except sit around in bikinis all day. She is weak AF this season. What is up with those comments that Jay betrayed you, Olivia? You voted against the team’s interests last episode. What do you think happens next?
Colleen, Mariah, James, Asaf(!!) don’t do anything at all except talk up themselves.
Ravyn is a very attractive lady but she was never going to make it to the end.
People are convinced that Michelle is a genius. That is a really bad sign.
And then you have Propecia Jay, always hamming it up for the camera.

One of these boners is going to be crowned a ‘champion’.

In the very near future, Johnny Bananas and CT and Cara and Crazy Brad won’t be around anymore and this franchise will be stuck with Horacio as one of the primary stars.
Yeesh.
What, Horacio is awesome. He's he true north competitor the Challenge needs now and again.

I do agree that thinking Michelle is a genius is a problem. She was a moron socially and politically in other seasons.

She's the most vet of this group, so she can pull some stuff off that the stronger competitors just aren't going to allow.

What, Horacio is awesome. He's he true north competitor the Challenge needs now and again.

I do agree that thinking Michelle is a genius is a problem. She was a moron socially and politically in other seasons.

She's the most vet of this group, so she can pull some stuff off that the stronger competitors just aren't going to allow.

Rainman has a bigger personality than Horacio.

Personally I love Horacio and Kyland. And love people that have received similar complaints in the past like Kaycee. You gotta have the knuckleheads to stir up trouble but I like having some people that are just nice and also super competitive mixed in there.

Personally I love Horacio and Kyland. And love people that have received similar complaints in the past like Kaycee. You gotta have the knuckleheads to stir up trouble but I like having some people that are just nice and also super competitive mixed in there.
I wouldn't put Kaycee in the same mix just because she's incredibly boring, and I also think overrated as a competitor. She rode the dumb Big Brother alliances hard. Kyland and Horacio have protected themselves by winning.

Plus, it's easy to forget this but Horacio has never lost an elimination.

As much as I’m complaining about Kyland and Horacio, Jay is much worse; he’s a ridiculous blowhard.

All time brutal episode.
Seriously idk if I’m even going to finish the season at this point.

All 3 of the people I care about went home and there’s nobody left that’s particularly good or entertaining.

All 3 of the people I care about went home and there’s nobody left that’s particularly good or entertaining.
All time brutal episode.
The game designers legit screwed up this season. Usually they make the game chaotic, but for all the talk of chaos, the game has been stupidly predictable the way they designed the decision-making.

The only thing to root for at this point is Nurys to somehow go nuke on the house, or have a total nobody like Colleen pull off the win, or have a surprise vet like Bananas or Wes run the final with whoever is left and they have to be beaten to win.

This season's champion absolutely gets an asterisk.

Those were legitimately the only 3 dudes that I liked and wanted to win. I hate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom