Why has Marrone gone "him against the fans"? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Why has Marrone gone "him against the fans"?

Zone C is Manley North, Manley South, and Skytop.

Zone B is the University Ave garage, the Harrison and Lehman lots on University Ave, the Marion lot, and Booth garage.

Zone A is everything west of the Dome, what's left on the Quad, and the Women's Bldg lots.

I seriously doubt that you'll get bumped to Manley. Standard more than likely.

http://www.carrierdome.com/media/documents/2012/3/2012_Overall_Parking_for_FB__BB.pdf

Good post, someone had previously mentioned Manley South was Zone A, glad to see that is not the case as that is a hike from the Dome. I would be more then happy with Standart or continuing at Fine. I am not familiar with the two Womens building locations or what that set up looks like.

If they win, fans will show up, if not they won't. This stuff matters to a minor % of posters here, nevermind the fanbase at large. It's only about winning, DC Cuse is showing up whether there is a press conference about Danny Conley or not.
I've always been a bit disappointed in the fan base. I know more than most how difficult it is to watch teams lose. However, even when I had to drive back to NJ after a game ,we nver lwft before the game was over much less the third or fourth quarter What disappointed me the most in games that were one sided was that many of the younger players who needed experience didn't get into the game.:oops: Understand these kids weren't being red-shirted.

WOW, lots of whining here. Call me crazy, but people sound like they want wide open space for tailgating but it needs to be right on top of the dome. Guess what? ain't happening why sit here and complain about it, if you need more space go to Manley, hop the bus or god forbid walk it, it take 15 minutes and my 6 and 8 year old walk it for many basketball games weather permittting. I parked there for a few football seasons as well. At Manley you could take over the whole parking lot, It's basically 690 sitting there by himself and some tumbleweed blowing through.

Again, this is somehow the University's fault for not having wide open fields next to the dome. Damn them

WOW, lots of whining here. Call me crazy, but people sound like they want wide open space for tailgating but it needs to be right on top of the dome. Guess what? ain't happening why sit here and complain about it, if you need more space go to Manley, hop the bus or god forbid walk it, it take 15 minutes and my 6 and 8 year old walk it for many basketball games weather permittting. I parked there for a few football seasons as well. At Manley you could take over the whole parking lot, It's basically 690 sitting there by himself and some tumbleweed blowing through.

Again, this is somehow the University's fault for not having wide open fields next to the dome. Damn them
add in that the tailgating situation is nothing new and really doesn't have much to do with marrone

Stern, Boeheim and Jake were not the most fan friendly people in the world when Boeheim first started either. Boeheim was actually quite difficult and a bit paranoid/thin skinned.

I agree that the university should be more creative/fan friendly and I thought last seasons spring game, for those who actually went, was a pretty nice deal.
I and my wife enjoyed the spring games as our likelihood of running into player's families and local celebs was proved to be a frequent happening. Sat next to Doug Logan once. I never said that I wasn't a fan. Former player were in the stands I think one of the games was being played when the NFL draft was being coonducted and we saw Rob Moore getting the news of his being picked . He was of course excited standing up and waving to the crowd. Wwe knew Roberta Deleone so when she saw us she would come over to join us with her kids if they weren't ball boys on the field. Of course there was the occasion when we were by Daryld Johnston's mother when Coach Mac came over to her and laughed at her saying"Your little boy, have a boo boo"? She just looked at us and rooled her eyes and shook her head Clearly she was not amused with Mac's comments.;)

A shitload of coaches do that stuff, it's ******* expected. Marrone does the bare minimum in that department.

Right...

Show me a coach that meets exclusively with Joe Fan (no media) every week in an open, informal setting to discuss the program on an confidential basis.

No one likes the Spring situation, but people are taking the way, way to far and pinning the inadequacies of the entire department on to the football program.

Irony of ironies ...

Everyone is upset with the parking / tailgating situation on the Hill.

We have a baseball stadium on the North Side that's surrounded by empty parking lots. Which should translate into a perfect tailgating atmosphere.

Yet everyone complains because the baseball stadium wasn't built Downtown ... where there's NO parking. :noidea:

Irony of ironies ...

We have a baseball stadium on the North Side that's surrounded by empty parking lots. Which should translate into a perfect tailgating atmosphere.

Yet everyone complains because the baseball stadium wasn't built Downtown ... where there's NO parking. :noidea:

Never tailgated at a baseball game or a basketball game or tennis match etc.

Right...

Show me a coach that meets exclusively with Joe Fan (no media) every week in an open, informal setting to discuss the program on an confidential basis.

No one likes the Spring situation, but people are taking the way, way to far and pinning the inadequacies of the entire department on to the football program.

A lot of schools used to do this not sure how many still do. I believe every Monday they would have a QB Club or something like that.

add in that the tailgating situation is nothing new and really doesn't have much to do with marrone

has zero to do with marrone. the thread had one point but IB, X and Bay took it to ticket prices, seating, parking and tailgating. The thread went in a 100 directions.

Well, I'm way late to this party but I'll go glass-is-half-full approach:

Between the lack of spring news and the hoops team rolling through the big east, I haven't had to think about how bad we are at football since November!

People must have missed the part where this is a URBAN university on a freaking hill.

Get over it, nobody is coming up with $100+M to build a replacement.

has zero to do with marrone. the thread had one point but IB, X and Bay took it to ticket prices, seating, parking and tailgating. The thread went in a 100 directions.

As did others Mr Bees the feeling about the program and how Marrone is involved all kind of fit together at this point really. Lack of wins, bad attendance, bad gameday environment, poor parking ( alledgedley) poor cost of GOOD seating, and a GRUMPY head coach... 5 game slide, poor offense all create a storm that has left most with a knot in their panties. Regardless, I think we can all agree that everyone other than OPA who is a fan of Syracuse football, a player or a coach is grumpy about something right now. If you add to that, a schedule this year that will play very difficult, I think many are going to have to buckle down, INCLUDING myself

People must have missed the part where this is a URBAN university on a freaking hill.

Get over it, nobody is coming up with $100+M to build a replacement.

and yet if you choose the right lot you could have massive tailgate parties in certain lots, Just don't get it

As did others Mr Bees the feeling about the program and how Marrone is involved all kind of fit together at this point reall. Lack of wins, bad attendance, bad gameday environment, poor parking ( alledgedley) poor cost of GOOD seating, and a GRUMPY head coach... 5 game slide, poor offense all create a **** storm that has left many with a know in their panties. Regardless, I think we can all agree that everyone other than OPA who is a fan of Syracuse football, a player or a coach is grimpy about something right now. If you add to that, a schedule this year that will play very difficult, I think many are going to have to buckle down, INCLUDING myself

People need to suck it up and support the program. Bunch of whiny bitches.

Irony of ironies ...

Thats is a whole other discussion, I was in my teens I believe when the baseball stadium decision was made so I wasnt on top of the news back then but where in the hell where they supposed to put it downtown? I dont see where it would fit.

Right...

Well, if spring depth charts, spring practices, and etc. are "confidential" then yes, there are plenty of coaches who let Joe Fan see that.

Again your stating things that no one said or asked for and twisting words. Who is asking for multiple open fields next to the dome? No one is asking for SU to create multiple open fields (where was there ever a field there) or create anything extra. There are plently of lots right now near the dome Fine, Standart, Stadium etc. All people are asking is that SU take into consideration those who are willing to and have been paying premium prices to park there and keep a couple of those lots available post the new construction. You make it sound like were asing for the Arc of the freeking convenant.

Bouncy houses aren't tailgating. The 2 best things about the quad are the band playing and the player walk which they got rid of.

You've obviously never drank at a tailgate.

I find it hard for people to get to the tailgate at the good lots. Not everyone I invite parks in the same place.

and yet if you choose the right lot you could have massive tailgate parties in certain lots, Just don't get it

They should put a keg in the bouncy house.

Seriously, one of the houses down the street from us when I was in grad school had one of these in their front yard for a football game.

moonbounce_castle.jpg

This is year 3 folks, pressure is on, and it isn't looking good. We have had nothing but negative press since the fine incident, coupled by a losing FB program, and inability to recruit, Heck, we were lucky to get 22 recruits come signing day. No, this program has a long, long way to go. I have been talking about Restore 44, but in reality we need a full Restore and approach in this program. A marque recruit is the ticket we need to punch, Noel in BB, and a big name RB in FB to help put us back on the map. I said in a previous blog we may be pushing him out of town, Marrone that is...we need a major break of some kind, and SU surely needs to do a better job with the fan base if they hope to eventually contend in the ACC. We will be the Big East's "Temple" down south at this rate, with few fans showing up at this rate.

This is year 3 folks, pressure is on, and it isn't looking good. We have had nothing but negative press since the fine incident, coupled by a losing FB program, and inability to recruit, Heck, we were lucky to get 22 recruits come signing day. No, this program has a long, long way to go. I have been talking about Restore 44, but in reality we need a full Restore and approach in this program. A marque recruit is the ticket we need to punch, Noel in BB, and a big name RB in FB to help put us back on the map. I said in a previous blog we may be pushing him out of town, Marrone that is...we need a major break of some kind, and SU surely needs to do a better job with the fan base if they hope to eventually contend in the ACC. We will be the Big East's "Temple" down south at this rate, with few fans showing up at this rate.

Year 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom