Why is Nassib sliding all the time at this point? Get in there | Syracusefan.com

Why is Nassib sliding all the time at this point? Get in there

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
and take a hit there are NFL qbs that slide less, I didn't know that college qbs slide? strange

Kind of random but this isn't the NFL.

I didn't really see him slide much Saturday plus I am sure the staff has told him not to take straight on hits, like he used too. If the staff didn't want him too, I am sure they would be on him about it. He's more of a physical kid than one that is afraid to take a hit. A few times his problem has been nit that he slide but that he slid early.

Keep in mind also that QB's sliding in the NFL is so that they don't get hurt. Marrone has an NFL mindset.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I hope the staff can take a minute to tell him about the 5 yard bullet passes.

I didn't really see him slide much Saturday plus I am sure the staff has told him not to take straight on hits, like he used too. If the staff didn't want him too, I am sure they would be on him about it. He's more of a physical kid than one that is afraid to take a hit. A few times his problem has been nit that he slide but that he slid early.

Keep in mind also that QB's sliding in the NFL is so that they don't get hurt. Marrone has an NFL mindset.

Oh I am sure the staff has told him not to take any hits if he can avoid it, just seems at this point they should just turn him loose. Like I said, the slide seems to cost him yards, he had a nice run for the first down Saturday. Soo much for Broyld running the wildcat, one play!!!

This is kind of nit-picky, don't you think? Plenty of college QBs slide. In fact, I've seen more than a few get hurt sliding in recent weeks.

I hope the staff can take a minute to tell him about the 5 yard bullet passes.

Brutal, wont mind never seeing those again. I call those the coked up red bull routes. I am sure Sales and Lemon go back to the huddle, and ask " what the F was that??"

Funny watching Gulley get after Trudo after he missed his 50th block of the day. Trudo has a long ways to go, he will get there though.

and take a hit there are NFL qbs that slide less, I didn't know that college qbs slide? strange

Kind of random but this isn't the NFL.
because he fumbles everytime he's hit

everyone thought they didn't run him because they were petrified of him getting hurt.

it's the fumbles. even marrone is smart enough to see it.

everyone thought they didn't run him because they were petrified of him getting hurt.

True, does Nassib lead the nation in turnovers? Fumbles/Ints, it's getting up there. So much for the game manager label, see if we were tossing it around scoring points like the NW game you can live with a few more mistakes, when you go white knuckle mode you can't. I don't hate white knuckle mode by any means if we win games, but when you arent scoring points you can't have turnovers. marrone knows that too!!

True, does Nassib lead the nation in turnovers? Fumbles/Ints, it's getting up there. So much for the game manager label, see if we were tossing it around scoring points like the NW game you can live with a few more mistakes, when you go white knuckle mode you can't. I don't hate white knuckle mode by any means if we win games, but when you arent scoring points you can't have turnovers. marrone knows that too!!

He leads the nation in INT's off WR's.

As long as he doesn't slide 2 or 3 yards short of a first down in a 3rd down situation I have no problem with it.

He leads the nation in INT's off WR's.

He also leads the nation in fastball speed as his 5 yards throws have reached 104 MPH.

He also leads the nation in fastball speed as his 5 yards throws have reached 104 MPH.

Actually West had a speed gun on the other day and it was only 95 mph.

That, and Marrone is still terrified to have the backup QB play. You saw it when Loeb was forced to come in. Just had to call a pass play to get us into field goal range, because we were not.

This week, I'm expecting them to wrap 300 feet of twine around Nassib's helmet and chin to make sure it doesn't come off.

Brutal, wont mind never seeing those again. I call those the coked up red bull routes. I am sure Sales and Lemon go back to the huddle, and ask " what the F was that??"

I would hope not, since I would expect Nassib to ask in return "how about catching balls that hit you softly in the freakin' hands near the end zone??"

It's really a perfect storm of no touch and lousy hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom