Why "Talking Heads" aren't worth listening to... | Syracusefan.com

Why "Talking Heads" aren't worth listening to...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
Last hour on XM 91 there was a guy answering the question "You have these two teams in front of you and you have to put everything you own on one or the other to win the National Championship...who do you pick?"

Faceless voice dude says he has to preface his answers by saying he will always go with the coaching because at this time of the year, the coaching is what gets you there. If the coach has his guys playing loose, that's the guy he wants.

First match up: Florida v Wichita St. Dude picks Florida because Billy Donovan has been there and they are a solid team too.

Dude doesn't even wait for the second match up. He chimes in "Now if it's Wichita State v Syracuse, I take Wichita State all day long. I love their coach! He has that team playing angry. I like angry.". ...or something to that effect.

The host then gives him Kansas v Wichita State: "I don't know. I love Bill Self, but they have three freshman in the equation, so I got to go with Wich State.

I had to turn it off at that point, but it's amazing how many time JB is just brushed aside when they talk about these Cinderella coaches. REALLY? You value coaching but you would bet it all on Wichita State and Mr. One Final Four Run and NOT James Arthur Boeheim and Syracuse??! How can you expect to gain credibility with an answer like that...if coaching is your #1 factor?

:crazy::blah::blah::blah::crazy:

Wichita State would beat us right now given our current roster issues, but I wouldn't use coaching to justify it.

I think the "talking heads" should start the season with $100,000 in poker chips. Every prediction they get right they win chips. Everyone they get wrong they lose chips.

Then toward the end of the year we can tell who's worth listening too and more importantly, who isn't. It would be a nice title for the winner too.

Make these guys put up or shut up.

I think the "talking heads" should start the season with $100,000 in poker chips. Every prediction they get right they win chips. Everyone they get wrong they lose chips.

Then toward the end of the year we can tell who's worth listening too and more importantly, who isn't. It would be a nice title for the winner too.

Start a website my man. CBBanalystcredibility . com. That would be interesting. Keep percentages of accuracy over the years. Hmm.

Ah, they're totally worth listening to!
sms2.jpg

Most of them are front runners. Before those BC & Duke losses they were proclaiming JB as COY and everyone wanted him for a guest appearance.

When they let you down, they let you down hard.

Its because every national radio show focuses on the NFL, College Football and the NBA and spends 1 minute a year talking about college basketball when March rolls around. Then they try to spew their "expertise" analysis to fans. I dont even listen to these guys anymore (all of them)

Its because every national radio show focuses on the NFL, College Football and the NBA and spends 1 minute a year talking about college basketball when March rolls around. Then they try to spew their "expertise" analysis to fans. I dont even listen to these guys anymore (all of them)

Two words: Mike Francesa

JB's needs one more ship to shut those people up.
There is no way to shut these guys up. Its their job to be confrontational and deliberately stupid if need be.

On second thought...sometimes it isn't deliberate. It just is.

People who talking about "playing angry" immediately discredit themselves. They know nothing about anything and shouldn't have a job talking about sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom