Why this could be a lie. | Syracusefan.com

Why this could be a lie.

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
I'm not going to come right out and say this is a lie, but the more I look at things... It just seems odd.

1.)"King of Syracuse", laughable. Boeheim is the king, and some of Syracuse probably doesn't know who he is. This isn't State College, this is Syracuse with just under 150k people. No sports figure here can be "king". Too many people who don't care about sports. The fact that that was said, is a joke. No credibility.

2.)http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s Skip to 1:18 for the interviews. Both are stuttering, no eye contact, fidgety, flushed, blinking, etc. The main accuser especially so.

3.)Three separate entities conducted investigations in '03. SU, ESPN, and the PS all came up with no evidence. Syracuse once again looked into it in '05 to still find no evidence.

4.)Boeheim's comments. Cowherd said that if Sandusky didn't do it, he should be shouting it from the heavens. Well, Boeheim is doing just that. If Cowherd rips SU tomorrow, someone should point out his hypocrisy.

"There’s absolutely no way that I believe any of this could possibly have happened. That’s the bottom line."

"This matter was fully investigated by the University in 2005 and it was determined that the allegations were unfounded. I have known Bernie Fine for more than 40 years. I have never seen or witnessed anything to suggest that he would been involved in any of the activities alleged. Had I seen or suspected anything, I would have taken action. Bernie has my full support."

"He supplied four names to the university that would corroborate his story. None of them did ... there is only one side to this story. He is lying."

"Why wouldn't he come to the police (first this time)? Why would he go to ESPN? What are people looking for here? I believe they are looking for money. I believe they saw what happened at Penn State and they are using ESPN to get money. That is what I believe. You want to put that on the air? Put that on the air."

These 4 reasons alone should give us hope that this is a lie.

Sadly but true, the PSU scandal gave us a template on how to deal with this situation. This has been a master stroke of PR by the Cuse.
Also, EVERYONE wanted JoePa to speak up & he either couldn't or wouldn't.
Hearing JB say these things, & knowing he'll be on the shows DEFENDING Coach Fine tomorrow, gives me great hope.
Finally, if the SU police are worth anything, those two meth addicts will fold their tents after their "interviewed" tonite!

So it seems we're collectively at the point of poking holes in the accusers' story or questioning the reporter. That's expected and even okay.

Where are we later Friday?
Saturday?
Sunday?

So it seems we're collectively at the point of poking holes in the accusers' story or questioning the reporter. That's expected and even okay.

Where are we later Friday?
Saturday?
Sunday?

I thought about how I would feel if I were a PSU fan when that story broke and how I would react and I hoped I wouldnt react how they did and I knew I wouldnt. That being said, if true, its horrible but not PSU level horrible. Also being said, with all the info we have gathered I think as a fanbase we have every right to be pissed the *&^% off at Marc Schwarz and ESPN. This story was investigated by not only Syracuse University but also ESPN and was deemed not credible, no charges have been filed and all were shown is a sensationalist journalist propping up two guys who seriously look like crackheads and exhibit every manneurism under the sun of LYING and the reason this is happening is because his freakin brother in law says its true...wow, just wow. So the 4 ppl who were given as witnesses to the "King of Syracuse's actions" all denied it, but their word isnt equal to a meth addict looking for a payday. Speechless.

I'm not going to come right out and say this is a lie, but the more I look at things... It just seems odd.

3.)Three separate entities conducted investigations in '03. SU, ESPN, and the PS all came up with no evidence. Syracuse once again looked into it in '05 to still find no evidence.

I think we need to realize that having no corroborating evidence isn't the same as no evidence. Was Davis in Hawaii (1990) or at the FF in NO (1987)? These things should be easy enough to corroborate. I assume even Schwarz isn't that bad of an investigative reporter to not have independently verified that Davis was where he said he was.

But, did he stay in Bernie's hotel room? If he did, was it simply him and Bernie or was someone else sharing the room as well? According to Tim Welch, he roomed with Bernie at away sites while he was an Assistant Coach at Syracuse which would have been after NO, but during Maui.

Was a similar arrangement in place three years earlier? Or did Bernie have a separate hotel room of his own for the much bigger event of the Final Four?

And that is before one even gets to the what may or may not have happened in said hotel rooms.

Cheers,
Neil

I think we need to realize that having no corroborating evidence isn't the same as no evidence. Was Davis in Hawaii (1990) or at the FF in NO (1987)? These things should be easy enough to corroborate. I assume even Schwarz isn't that bad of an investigative reporter to not have independently verified that Davis was where he said he was.

But, did he stay in Bernie's hotel room? If he did, was it simply him and Bernie or was someone else sharing the room as well? According to Tim Welch, he roomed with Bernie at away sites while he was an Assistant Coach at Syracuse which would have been after NO, but during Maui.

Was a similar arrangement in place three years earlier? Or did Bernie have a separate hotel room of his own for the much bigger event of the Final Four?

And that is before one even gets to the what may or may not have happened in said hotel rooms.

Cheers,
Neil

Conduct interviews with the other "victims" and see if they've changed their stories.
Also, if any new "victims" start turning up, a la Sandusky, then these 2 guys' accusations become more credible.
I honestly believe every SU fan is prepared for the worst case scenario of JB getting canned, at least I am.
But at this point, this story is full of holes so... "I'm from Missouri- you have to SHOW me"!

...this is going to be rough everyone...it will not go away...claims 15 years of abuse...but story mirrors PSU...unfortunately this is going to be a big problem for Syracuse, the team and the city...damn...I choose to believe it is not true...but another investigation will have to be done...make the investigation open with all facts coming out. He claims 15 years as well as traveling with Bernie etc. I am saddened by this...:(

...this is going to be rough everyone...it will not go away...claims 15 years of abuse...but story mirrors PSU...unfortunately this is going to be a big problem for Syracuse, the team and the city...damn...I choose to believe it is not true...but another investigation will have to be done...make the investigation open with all facts coming out. He claims 15 years as well as traveling with Bernie etc. I am saddened by this...:(
There's no way you can convince me Bernie Fine was touching his dick when the accuser was 27 years old. If that's the case, you punch him in the face. You don't say "bernie, please don't" like he said in the video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom