Wildhack Interview (Bowl Games, Dino extension, Gameday) | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Interview (Bowl Games, Dino extension, Gameday)

mlbball99

2nd String
Saw some good tweets from the Wildhack Interview on Brent Axe. It was a good listen. He also added he "quietly" takes care of Dino and his staff, which they prefer.

1541457033821.png

1541457056032.png

I can’t believe this thread hasn’t gotten more traction with as much traffic as this topic has received.

I’d assume this answers the question in the best way we’ll receive unless there’s an official announcement.

Reinforces what I’ve heard about our desire to retain DB.

I can’t believe this thread hasn’t gotten more traction with as much traffic as this topic has received.

I’d assume this answers the question in the best way we’ll receive unless there’s an official announcement.

Reinforces what I’ve heard about our desire to retain DB.

Who’s questioning the desire to retain though? No one intelligent will think the school will sit idly if the coach is unhappy or showing wandering eyes. John Wildhack is a sharp tack and will do everything possible we don’t lose Dino due to institutional disorganization. I always think about how the Red Sox lost Carlton Fisk due to mailing his contract late. That won’t happen here with Wildhack. However, we still need to be realistic about the teams who could show up with even bigger bags of promises and riches.

We won’t know anything until real dominos fall. Fingers are crossed that Dino sees unfinished biz and sticks around no matter the opportunities this year

I have a pretty good source on this topic and I truly believe Dino is going to be here for a while. If by chance he does leave, it’s not going to be because the SUAD didn’t try to give him everything he wanted.

Who’s questioning the desire to retain though? No one intelligent will think the school will sit idly if the coach is unhappy or showing wandering eyes. John Wildhack is a sharp tack and will do everything possible we don’t lose Dino due to institutional disorganization. I always think about how the Red Sox lost Carlton Fisk due to mailing his contract late. That won’t happen here with Wildhack. However, we still need to be realistic about the teams who could show up with even bigger bags of promises and riches.

We won’t know anything until real dominos fall. Fingers are crossed that Dino sees unfinished biz and sticks around no matter the opportunities this year
Who said anyone was questioning it?

Who said anyone was questioning it?

The main thrust of the “will he leave or not” message board Pron is about Dino’s interest in going to a major football program. Maybe i’m Missing the point but i never questioned that John WIldhack wouldn’t put the full court press on presenting all options to make him happy here. I just am realistic and cynical that there is always a better option in life and some people always chase greener grass. I am still burnt by Marrone’s Sudden departure.

The main thrust of the “will he leave or not” message board Pron is about Dino’s interest in going to a major football program. Maybe i’m Missing the point but i never questioned that John WIldhack wouldn’t put the full court press on presenting all options to make him happy here. I just am realistic and cynical that there is always a better option in life and some people always chase greener grass. I am still burnt by Marrone’s Sudden departure.
Syracuse IS a major program, period. And that’s what too many keep missing. Still thinking like we are in a dying Big East

Syracuse IS a major program, period. And that’s what too many keep missing. Still thinking like we are in a dying Big East
Major as compared with Clemson? Notre Dame? Michigan or OSU? Most of the SEC?

Getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

So in your mind there are only 10 major programs?

I think the 10 major programs are the ones most are concerned about. I don’t dispute the school plays big boy football but to mistake Syracuse for USC, Texas A&M, or Florida is frankly foolish. I love Syracuse because it isn’t a factory mind you. Just saying those schools throw good money after hot shot coache perpetually. Someone of that ilk will come at Dino. Will he bite, no one knows.

I think the 10 major programs are the ones most are concerned about. I don’t dispute the school plays big boy football but to mistake Syracuse for USC, Texas A&M, or Florida is frankly foolish. I love Syracuse because it isn’t a factory mind you. Just saying those schools throw good money after hot shot coache perpetually. Someone of that ilk will come at Dino. Will he bite, no one knows.

Florida, Texas and Michigan (before this year) are not so hot lately.

Hopefully the comments from the AD stop the mass hysteria around HCDFB contract discussions...thank god he made a comment about that and his staff. Props to Mad...he called multiple times that staff had been well taken care of previously.

I have a pretty good source on this topic and I truly believe Dino is going to be here for a while. If by chance he does leave, it’s not going to be because the SUAD didn’t try to give him everything he wanted.
Yes. I too have a solid source and had a convo on this topic just yesterday. He/she/it :) was very firm in their belief that Dino & Co. are looking at this as a long-term investment and do not have a plan to move on. They love what is happening here. Of course things can change but - looking this person right in the eyes - we appear to be in a very stable situation and should be focused on postitive things like puttin’ butts in seats and makin’ some noise on Friday night! LGO!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom