Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8

To be honest, if they really wanted to be safe, they would just require testing for everyone since vaccinated people can still spread (though less likely). Of course, requiring testing for everyone would really hurt attendance so I get why they won't. Testing for non vaccinated makes it more of an incentive to get vaccinated (I'd hope).

I'm vaccinated and going -- I'll keep my N95 mask on because I have younger kids who can't get vaccinated yet. I'd rather be safe when it comes to my kids, regardless of the statistics. I've done plenty during the pandemic (including Sweet 16 in Indy) but have always been safe and yet to get sick. Masks are easy way to protect yourself (and others).
if they were to require testing for everybody they would likely have to have on campus testing available and lots of money

then don’t have a mask mandate. They need to get off the fence. Either have a mask mandate or don’t. You can’t say everyone has to wear a mask and give a false sense of security to people and then say psyche. I am sure there will be people who go because they feel safe based upon the stated and documented protocols only to get there and find they are reality.
a fair compromised position would be masks must be worn at all times in the concourse and entering the troughs and the stores/clubs and entering the building. In the seating bowl its your choice if your vaxed but if you arent wearing a mask you have to cheer for the team when it is time.

then don’t have a mask mandate. They need to get off the fence. Either have a mask mandate or don’t. You can’t say everyone has to wear a mask and give a false sense of security to people and then say psyche. I am sure there will be people who go because they feel safe based upon the stated and documented protocols only to get there and find they are reality.

Either way, you’re talking about an event with 30,000 people where they sell food and drinks and telling people they don’t have to wear masks while they eat and drink.

I just don’t know anyone who is worried about getting Covid that would read that and think “well at least they have safety protocols in place”

But I guess I don’t know everyone.

"Is this your son?"

"Well, his mother says so, but you never can tell with some of these women I meet"

Who says we can't have some fun with the process?
As she whacks you over your head…..

and thats the issue.. do it or dont.. they kinda want people to come as many as they can and they say one thing for the crowd thats wanting safety and another to the crowd that wants to live a little freer.

hey kids you need to wear a mask all around campus.. but hey you people spending money come on in..

Either way, you’re talking about an event with 30,000 people where they sell food and drinks and telling people they don’t have to wear masks while they eat and drink.

I just don’t know anyone who is worried about getting Covid that would read that and think “well at least they have safety protocols in place”

I agree, if you don’t feel comfortable don’t go.

If you’re making the conscious decision to attend a game with 20,000-30,000 people in the same building you understand the risks and are aware that a mask in that type of environment is likely useless. Especially with people taking it off and eating and drinking.

Obviously most people will enter into the Dome with their mask on. But once they get to the seats, the masks will be coming off.

If that makes you uncomfortable I suggest waiting until 2022 to attend a game.

if you have any trepidation about going, don’t go. Pretty simple. Assume nobody is going to wear a mask and act accordingly.

putting reliance on 30k to manage your health risk is unreasonable

I read the Rose Bowl had this issue with their mask mandate for UCLA vs LSU
They tarped off part of one end zone, attendance was 68k in an 88k capacity stadium. No way to enforce it and so there was no compliance and no enforcement.

Gotta say I am pro-mask and wear them out but to expect fans to wear them the entire time at the game is dumb.
It will hurt attendance.
Requiring vaccinations to attend would be better and if people don’t want to do that then don’t go.
To force masks while sitting is just not smart.

Gotta say I am pro-mask and wear them out but to expect fans to wear them the entire time at the game is dumb.
It will hurt attendance.
Requiring vaccinations to attend would be better and if people don’t want to do that then don’t go.

Yes I’m all about 100% being vaccinated for games within the dome

I agree, if you don’t feel comfortable don’t go.

If you’re making the conscious decision to attend a game with 20,000-30,000 people in the same building you understand the risks and are aware that a mask in that type of environment is likely useless. Especially with people taking it off and eating and drinking.

Obviously most people will enter into the Dome with their mask on. But once they get to the seats, the masks will be coming off.

If that makes you uncomfortable I suggest waiting until 2022 to attend a game.
Mask is not useless. The less of the viral load you get the lees chance of being infected. Obviously they can’t make it perfectly safe . They can make it safer. Drs here can correct me but you could receive some of the virus in the concourse and then add to it at your seat.

It will hurt attendance.
like many things in life.. I know what the right thing to do is.. but its a sacrifice I want others to make..

Agree with this. I know this issue causes a lot of disagreement, but if you have a policy, you can't dictate it and then immediately walk it back and land somewhere that is equivalent to a shoulder shrug.

I get you will never have 100% compliance, but maybe you can make it fun. Have orange-masks being handed out. Heck, have them branded. Hand them out with orange towels. I don't care. Yes, will some people always poo poo them, sure. Will some people half-heartedly wear them, of course. But do something that shows you are in support of your own policy.

Let students wear masks that say some obnoxious stuff on them. Honestly, I don't care. But don't throw out a policy and then try to walk away from the responsibility of the policy and put it on the ushers or the fans to try to decipher what you really mean by it.

Mask is not useless. The less of the viral load you get the lees chance of being infected. Obviously they can’t make it perfectly safe . They can make it safer.

Agree with this. Many will wear masks. Given that it's a vaccinated or negative test crowd, it's the best compromise for safety and still letting people come out and enjoy a game.

But masks won't be worn by everyone at all times, and certainly will be removed for eating/drinking. That's common everywhere.

Again, this should be a personal decision. Those that read the protocols should also apply some common sense to the type of event they are attending.

Man, some of you are dismissive. Don’t require masks then. That’s the point. Nobody here knows anyone’s risk level someone can live with. But be straight about it. Require them or don’t.

a fair compromised position would be masks must be worn at all times in the concourse and entering the troughs and the stores/clubs and entering the building. In the seating bowl its your choice if your vaxed but if you arent wearing a mask you have to cheer for the team when it is time.
What Virginia Tech did for their game last week with UNC was fans had to wear masks everywhere in the stadium except when seated in their seats.

In NC we had the mask mandate when inside buildings. Then they dropped the mandate until the surge in cases of covid again. Now it's back to remembering to mask up.

Man, some of you are dismissive. Don’t require masks then. That’s the point. Nobody here knows anyone’s risk level someone can live with. But be straight about it. Require them or don’t.

Again, I agree with you. I'm not sure if this is the most we've ever agreed, haha, but I'm with you in full on this.

the whole eating out thing has always been you are eating in your group 6 ft+ away from other groups.. that isnt the same as chowing down in the dome 1ft away from people who are also screaming. the next compromise would have been to change seating for a yr. cap the dome at 30K and spread people out more. Season tickets only maybe for more control and say over people. yeah would eat a bit of money.. But then dont say you are following safety guidelines when you really wont.

If they really wanted to do this right they would have said here are 2-3-5 whatever sections where people will follow the mask rules. here are 2-3-5 whatever sections people will mask up and not eat.

Its hopefully better next yr but I know there are people who would go if the rules were enforced 100% as opposed to 50%. You have sections for handicap why not sections for people who want to feel safer.. The dome is gonna be at 60% dont tell me they couldnt have done that for 1-2K who wanted to sit spread out and feel safer..

Again, I agree with you. I'm not sure if this is the most we've ever agreed, haha, but I'm with you in full on this.

i bet we would agree with a lot more than you think if we were talking about numerous topics.

Mask is not useless. The less of the viral load you get the lees chance of being infected. Obviously they can’t make it perfectly safe . They can make it safer. Drs here can correct me but you could receive some of the virus in the concourse and then add to it at your seat.

I’m not saying masks are useless.

I am saying masks in this setting and situation are essentially useless.

You would need 100% compliance and no food or drink for them to be effective.

that wasn’t ever going to happen.

the university is a business and that business is hungry for money.

My understanding is that if an adult has the proper id and the name of the adult matches the name of the child, that is going to be sufficient proof of identify for the child. That was the plan last I heard anyway.
I'm taking my fully vaccinated 13 year old nephew who has a different last name. Suggestions?

Agree with this. I know this issue causes a lot of disagreement, but if you have a policy, you can't dictate it and then immediately walk it back and land somewhere that is equivalent to a shoulder shrug.

I get you will never have 100% compliance, but maybe you can make it fun. Have orange-masks being handed out. Heck, have them branded. Hand them out with orange towels. I don't care. Yes, will some people always poo poo them, sure. Will some people half-heartedly wear them, of course. But do something that shows you are in support of your own policy.

Let students wear masks that say some obnoxious stuff on them. Honestly, I don't care. But don't throw out a policy and then try to walk away from the responsibility of the policy and put it on the ushers or the fans to try to decipher what you really mean by it.
its a catch 22 they want as many people spending money as possible but don't want the backlash if there's an outbreak

Also I agree with this half hearted “mask rule”

either require it or don’t.

it made no sense at the fair in buildings either as people quickly figured out they wouldn’t be enforcing it.

If you aren’t going to enforce it, just say it’s voluntary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom