Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8

nowhere in their policy online nor in emails does it say they require masks but won’t enforce it. It was only said in that interview which 98% of people didn’t see or read on twitter. Go to the SU football site. Covid rules are linked there for the dome. Go to Ticketmaster and try to buy a ticket to the Rutgers game. Right at the top is a link to the covid rules.
My question is who do you expect to enforce it for 25-30K people? Ushers? That's not fair to them. i doubt they signed up for the $12 per hr usher's job to get in arguments with drunk fans over wearing masks. Campus or SPD? They are doing the right thing by encouraging and advising people to mask up when not eating or drinking but there is no way to enforce the policy.

His father called the box office yesterday. He'll need some kind of photo ID. A social media page (FB?) with his picture would work. His father is checking with the F-M school district to see if something is available there. His father has three days to solve this. I'm not driving 150 miles, then have him turned away.

You're a good uncle - driving 150 miles to take your nephew to a game.

If I may interject, Your both partially right originally it was thought masks benefited those around you primarily, new research is saying it may protect the wearer more then thought.

they protect the wearer more than they thought, but the protection is more for the other person, not the wearer.

My question is who do you expect to enforce it for 25-30K people? Ushers? That's not fair to them. i doubt they signed up for the $12 per hr usher's job to get in arguments with drunk fans over wearing masks. Campus or SPD? They are doing the right thing by encouraging and advising people to mask up when not eating or drinking but there is no way to enforce the policy.

not my problem who enforces it. Then don’t make it a mandate. Just say concourses and restrooms only are required. Straddling something is never the right decision. You don’t make policy you can’t enforce. Otherwise it should just be a recommendation.

the problem is, you guys just live in the wrong area of the State and Country.

down in here in the decidedly conservative NYC area...where under a 1k died, unlike liberal upstate CNY where close to 100k did, we can go to Yankee Stadium with 50k and Giants Stadium with 82k, without masks and proof of vaccination and/or tests.

as for the kids?? come on now, that policy is ridiculous. but again, you guys are in the absolute biggest hotbed of covid in the world, so you got to do what you got to do. unlike us down here, i mean, yeah we has some cases but its where the kids have all been in school for a year, played football, wrestled, played hoop and all the youth programs were maskless and in full effect etc since last august.

my heart will go out to you guys on saturday as you all test & mask up...id suggest staying 6' away from strangers too. good news is, in the Dome, thats possible. on Sunday im going to be with 82,500 of my closest friends from NY/NJ/CT & PA and we are going to be maskless and hugging, high fiving after sneezing and spilling beer & choke laughing all over each other as the good times roll.

but again, i dont live in CNY, just down here in the relatively covid free NYC area, where the science tells us we are ok to congregate without a mask.

my best.

Go Orange!!

Go GIANTS!!

i don’t remember, is yankee stadium and met life indoors or outdoors?

in the seating bowl you will probably be able to spread out, the most likely spot you would catch the virus would be in the concourses/pee troughs
Definitely should social distance at the pee troughs...

the problem is, you guys just live in the wrong area of the State and Country.

down in here in the decidedly conservative NYC area...where under a 1k died, unlike liberal upstate CNY where close to 100k did, we can go to Yankee Stadium with 50k and Giants Stadium with 82k, without masks and proof of vaccination and/or tests.

as for the kids?? come on now, that policy is ridiculous. but again, you guys are in the absolute biggest hotbed of covid in the world, so you got to do what you got to do. unlike us down here, i mean, yeah we has some cases but its where the kids have all been in school for a year, played football, wrestled, played hoop and all the youth programs were maskless and in full effect etc since last august.

my heart will go out to you guys on saturday as you all test & mask up...id suggest staying 6' away from strangers too. good news is, in the Dome, thats possible. on Sunday im going to be with 82,500 of my closest friends from NY/NJ/CT & PA and we are going to be maskless and hugging, high fiving after sneezing and spilling beer & choke laughing all over each other as the good times roll.

but again, i dont live in CNY, just down here in the relatively covid free NYC area, where the science tells us we are ok to congregate without a mask.

my best.

Go Orange!!

Go GIANTS!!
You’re in an outdoor stadium not indoors. Not the same thing.

I expect the University to provide a safe environment for a football game. I’m vaccinated and will wear a mask. I will eat and drink before I enter the game. If this event is a cluster fu-k with no one wearing masks, the University better be ready to reimburse me for my season tickets. If you can’t I enforce the rules you should socially distance all fans. This waffling is ignorant. It’s burying your heads in the sand, much like they did with Hillsman.

I expect the University to provide a safe environment for a football game. I’m vaccinated and will wear a mask. I will eat and drink before I enter the game. If this event is a cluster fu-k with no one wearing masks, the University better be ready to reimburse me for my season tickets. If you can’t I enforce the rules you should socially distance all fans. This waffling is ignorant. It’s burying your heads in the sand, much like they did with Hillsman.
Is there a sarcasm font missing on this post, or are you actually serious?

View attachment 205750
Sala reiterated that fans must wear a mask when not eating or drinking.

Because, you know, the virus just magically stays inside when you pull your mask down when eating and drinking...no matter how long it takes you to eat or drink. Same stupid rule that the airlines have.

Just got back from the Astros game. 90% had no mask. No request for vaccine proof. Workers wore masks. Felt good.

100% any workers will be masked so it wont be no one

Just a question , when did NBA start going full arenas. If you had 19,000 in a much smaller building. I would say 30,000 in a building twice the size would not be different. Not saying safe, just not different.

You should probably get your refund now and save some effort and anguish. I have no problem with your stance.

I'm taking my fully vaccinated 13 year old nephew who has a different last name. Suggestions?

You should probably get your refund now and save some effort and anguish. I have no problem with your stance.
Think they will give refunds? I'd bet not. Buddy asked for one when his kid was going to be a game test every week. School said no

Think they will give refunds? I'd bet not. Buddy asked for one when his kid was going to be a game test every week. School said no
No idea, maybe not.

I would agree with this, SUs already made it clear there's going to be little enforcement.

What if people wear masks but just pull them down when they eat and drink?

Will you feel safe?

are you vacinated?

are you healthy?

if the answers are yes what are you worried about?

Man all the comments I seen on the ole Facebook under the article , calling for wild hacks head are alarming . As far as I understand he’s done an excellent job here. I don’t wanna see him get canned for something that was happening more under grosses watch then his… or am I not understanding the situation fully?

Last edited:
No idea, maybe not.
refund probably not, be able to put towards 2022 tickets id think maybe they would do that especially for those with kids who wont be able to be vaxed atleast for half the games(assuming by late october kids 5- to 12 will be able to be )

His father called the box office yesterday. He'll need some kind of photo ID. A social media page (FB?) with his picture would work. His father is checking with the F-M school district to see if something is available there. His father has three days to solve this. I'm not driving 150 miles, then have him turned away.
Not sure if they take this but my daughters all play soccer and to enroll w travel they need a picture on this platform called got soccer that also has their birth certificate. So if his dad can take a screen shot of that it kinda sorta is a photo ID. Assuming he had to do something like that in the first place though.

Man all the comments I seen on the ole Facebook under the article , calling for wild hacks head are alarming . As far as I understand he’s done an excellent job here. I don’t wanna see him get canned for something that was happening more under grosses watch then his… or am I not understanding the situation fully?
Facebook, i hope the light is going on about social media. Worst people in the world spouting the worst poison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom