Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8

But be straight about it. Require them or don’t.

They've stated their policy and to what extent they will enforce it.

Probably hoping to score points with people that they're at least trying. But also to let people know they aren't hiring security guards to walk around yelling masks up.

They probably figure that half the crowd wearing their masks under a mandate is safer than very few in the crowd wearing no masks under a policy of "encouraged".

I'm just glad I know what to expect now. Others probably are too. They can make an informed decision on whether or not to attend.

Also I agree with this half hearted “mask rule”

either require it or don’t.

it made no sense at the fair in buildings either as people quickly figured out they wouldn’t be enforcing it.

If you aren’t going to enforce it, just say it’s voluntary

exactly. Then everyone can make their own decision on how much risk they are willing to take.

its a catch 22 they want as many people spending money as possible but don't want the backlash if there's an outbreak
and thats the rub.. because if they pushed all the food and drink was pre-game and limited it during a game they could make it safer... In theory they could create an outdoor area that once you entered you could leave and eat and come back. do an area on the N/S sides thats 25 yds deep and 100 yds long let people exit and eat and come back Put up some screens to watch the games out there but nothing at the seats. then you could create a mask mandate.. people could get the must have food,. they would decide risk reward to watching outside vs in. they have areas at many places like that.. At miami they have a whole huge concourse with screens where 1000 people can sit and eat and watch during a game. There would be people who would do that in normal times just because its easier to eat at a table than in the stands especially with kids..

They've stated their policy and to what extent they will enforce it.

Probably hoping to score points with people that they're at least trying. But also to let people know they aren't hiring security guards to walk around yelling masks up.

They probably figure that half the crowd wearing their masks under a mandate is safer than very few in the crowd wearing no masks under a policy of "encouraged".

I'm just glad I know what to expect now. Others probably are too. They can make an informed decision on whether or not to attend.

nowhere in their policy online nor in emails does it say they require masks but won’t enforce it. It was only said in that interview which 98% of people didn’t see or read on twitter. Go to the SU football site. Covid rules are linked there for the dome. Go to Ticketmaster and try to buy a ticket to the Rutgers game. Right at the top is a link to the covid rules.

Wildhack was terrible on this call.
He let Sala take all the heat.
The AD isn’t a rock star like the narrative on here.
When they pressed him on Hillsman he said nothing but sorry.

Weak sauce and this whole policy make up your mind and live with it.

Also I agree with this half hearted “mask rule”

either require it or don’t.

it made no sense at the fair in buildings either as people quickly figured out they wouldn’t be enforcing it.

If you aren’t going to enforce it, just say it’s voluntary
for those with the special wristbands (those who did the right thing)especially, if a non vaxed it should be required and enforced. Im not personally worried about catching it again as a ive definately had it once or twice , one kinda serious, 1 like a cold, and got the vaccine to boot because it was the right thing to do

Last edited:
nowhere in their policy online nor in emails does it say they require masks but won’t enforce it. It was only said in that interview which 98% of people didn’t see or read on twitter. Go to the SU football site. Covid rules are linked there for the dome. Go to Ticketmaster and try to buy a ticket to the Rutgers game. Right at the top is a link to the covid rules.

98% of the people will never see what Sala just said today?

We have bigger problems than I thought.

Wildhack was terrible on this call.
He let Sala take all the heat.
The AD isn’t a rock star like the narrative on here.
When they pressed him on Hillsman he said nothing but sorry.

Weak sauce and this whole policy make up your mind and live with it.

Isn't Sala the guy who manages the building?

As far as the AD goes, spent enough time around there to see sports administrator willing to travel to the next job types (or too incompetent yo get hired anywhere else). If that's what you want, that's the other choice.

then don’t have a mask mandate. They need to get off the fence. Either have a mask mandate or don’t. You can’t say everyone has to wear a mask and give a false sense of security to people and then say psyche. I am sure there will be people who go because they feel safe based upon the stated and documented protocols only to get there and find they are reality.

Sala has to put more brainpower into this.

Isn't Sala the guy who manages the building?

As far as the AD goes, spent enough time around there to see sports administrator willing to travel to the next job types (or too incompetent yo get hired anywhere else). If that's what you want, that's the other choice.

He's a legend because he pulled some overnighters during snowstorms, or something

The bottom line is it is unenforceable. So really all you can do is ask for compliance. We have learned about this country and the attitudes during the pandemic. I’m going knowing that. Sala can pull 50 rabbits out of his ass it won’t change this fact.

In a normal year, we'd be psyched to get 37K fans. With Covid and masks, I don't see 30K.

Man, some of you are dismissive. Don’t require masks then. That’s the point. Nobody here knows anyone’s risk level someone can live with. But be straight about it. Require them or don’t.
School wants to fell good about itself without actually doing anything firm. The waffling is weak.

Testing kids who don’t have the vaccine is annoying and dumb sorry, they should mask and be able to go without having to do that. Lots of young fans won’t see a game in dome this year because of it and that’s a sad fact IMO

People realize that masks are for the wearer and not for the people around you. If you are worried about everyone else, keep your mask on. It people want to be children and "veto masks" then they risk getting COVID. Especially in that type of environment.

and thats the rub.. because if they pushed all the food and drink was pre-game and limited it during a game they could make it safer... In theory they could create an outdoor area that once you entered you could leave and eat and come back. do an area on the N/S sides thats 25 yds deep and 100 yds long let people exit and eat and come back Put up some screens to watch the games out there but nothing at the seats. then you could create a mask mandate.. people could get the must have food,. they would decide risk reward to watching outside vs in. they have areas at many places like that.. At miami they have a whole huge concourse with screens where 1000 people can sit and eat and watch during a game. There would be people who would do that in normal times just because its easier to eat at a table than in the stands especially with kids..

People realize that masks are for the wearer and not for the people around you. If you are worried about everyone else, keep your mask on. It people want to be children and "veto masks" then they risk getting COVID. Especially in that type of environment.
or allow you to bring in as many unopened bottles of water as the clear bag will hold.
keger that is actually the reverse of true the mask is for others benefit not yourself

or allow you to bring in as many unopened bottles of water as the clear bag will hold.
keger that is actually the reverse of true the mask is for others benefit not yourself
Not true but ok.

call the box office and explain to them and see what they say?
His father called the box office yesterday. He'll need some kind of photo ID. A social media page (FB?) with his picture would work. His father is checking with the F-M school district to see if something is available there. His father has three days to solve this. I'm not driving 150 miles, then have him turned away.

I think the only approach that makes sense would be to enforce in concourses and bathrooms where theres a lot of contact and brushing by each other. Other then that... it will never work. People who are willing to show up to this event are not scared of covid anymore. Just a fact. By halftime I expect majority of fans will have masks around chin or off. I mean its all just for the perception that they are being "safe" so the Karen's of the media cant attack them.

Not true but ok.
If I may interject, Your both partially right originally it was thought masks benefited those around you primarily, new research is saying it may protect the wearer more then thought.

If I may interject, Your both partially right originally it was thought masks benefited those around you primarily, new research is saying it may protect the wearer more then thought.
Fair enough. Thanks.

the problem is, you guys just live in the wrong area of the State and Country.

down in here in the decidedly conservative NYC area...where under a 1k died, unlike liberal upstate CNY where close to 100k did, we can go to Yankee Stadium with 50k and Giants Stadium with 82k, without masks and proof of vaccination and/or tests.

as for the kids?? come on now, that policy is ridiculous. but again, you guys are in the absolute biggest hotbed of covid in the world, so you got to do what you got to do. unlike us down here, i mean, yeah we has some cases but its where the kids have all been in school for a year, played football, wrestled, played hoop and all the youth programs were maskless and in full effect etc since last august.

my heart will go out to you guys on saturday as you all test & mask up...id suggest staying 6' away from strangers too. good news is, in the Dome, thats possible. on Sunday im going to be with 82,500 of my closest friends from NY/NJ/CT & PA and we are going to be maskless and hugging, high fiving after sneezing and spilling beer & choke laughing all over each other as the good times roll.

but again, i dont live in CNY, just down here in the relatively covid free NYC area, where the science tells us we are ok to congregate without a mask.

my best.

Go Orange!!

Go GIANTS!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors