Wildhack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

Disagree. I get you can be planning the next coach while the current is still there but dino is there for success on the field firstly. Being a good guy, good mentor is great, but if you can’t win you can’t stay. Ultimately those student athletes didn’t perform well enough to keep the coach they are “owed.” That’s the reality of football
Three games is not a make or break at this point.

I like Wildhack a lot, Syracuse is a unique situation in D1 P5 with more challenges then most. That said he needs to announce Dinos been fired by Sunday night enough is enough
Yup. Even the most patient fans near me were furious and wanted this. Wildhack should do this just to make his life easier this week. He’s not getting a single check unless it’s tied to a firing. It’s a lot easier to make this week a success by announcing he’s not coming back. He can still coach. Or they can have an interim. Just announce it.

Three games is not a make or break at this point.
A new direction is needed and I’d rather try something else than continue on our current path. Continuing tells the fans what’s happening is ok for now. I also think we have a better chance at bowling with a change of direction

No.

He owes it to the student athletes and, technically, see if we become bowl eligible.

The fans will come back…if the team performs better sooner (hard to expect now) or if we make a change at the end of this month.

Lastly, as mentioned by some insiders earlier in the week, not firing someone ASAP does NOT mean a plan and list is underway “in case.”
The athletes know if a coach has quit. His statements leading into the FSU game and the way he played it was crystal clear he was playing not to lose. The kids aren’t stupid they knew he quit on them. They would be just fine with Rocky finishing out the season. There is absolutely no reason to keep him on. You can tell he’s checked out and the the effort we put forth and upperclassman getting suspended shows that. No other serious P5 program would keep a checked out HC on the sidelines. This is absolutely embarrassing . If anything you fire him and send a message that we at least care about winning. I’m sure there is a coaching search going on behind the scenes but we need to be out in front of this and history does not give me confidence.

We have to make a move this week… if not you’re losing so many fans… like me. Sticking with CDRW was a fireable offense by itself
Wilson injured his right ankle on the second to last series and not one member of the coaching staff saw him jumping up on his left leg only. How can no one in the booth or on the sidelines see this when every fan saw it.

To make matters worse the coaching staff puts him back on the field for the final series when he was clearly limping.

If he goes FCS, it says everything about how the BoT and Syverud view the program. If SU isn't comfortable spending 5M AAV on a coach, they're not serious about being a player going forward.
I remember before we hired Coyle we thought our best option was the AD at Bucknell. No one has a lower opinion of Syracuse than our fans.

Turned over two of the big three (this one matters a lot clearly) and is dumping a quarter of a billion into facilities ignored for generations.
Ok, but where are the wins on the field and court? I think they will come with Adrian but time will tell

And he delivered a 10-3 season. Of course you extend him
You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Wildhack needs to bear a lot of responsibility, not just for football. Where's the accountability?

I would love to bring in Mullen or a former sec coach so they can see first hand how far behind we are with infrastructure and resources and get it up to speed. I feel like our guys take forever to recover. I saw Isiah Jones on the field for 1 play. The shrader injury is a bit of a mystery...
Defens played well, thought we might pull it out like in Shafer's last game in 15

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Wildhack needs to bear a lot of responsibility, not just for football. Where's the accountability?
If there is any accountability it certainly is not made in public, it would be behind closed doors.

We are in November, they can let Dino go at any time. Get a jump on the interviewing process and get the guy YOU want. Be proactive.

And if Whildhack doesn't want to pull the trigger now or at the end of the season, he can go, too. Probably need both gone in reality to re-build the football program right with a new vision and perspective.

The athletes know if a coach has quit. His statements leading into the FSU game and the way he played it was crystal clear he was playing not to lose. The kids aren’t stupid they knew he quit on them. They would be just fine with Rocky finishing out the season. There is absolutely no reason to keep him on. You can tell he’s checked out and the the effort we put forth and upperclassman getting suspended shows that. No other serious P5 program would keep a checked out HC on the sidelines. This is absolutely embarrassing . If anything you fire him and send a message that we at least care about winning. I’m sure there is a coaching search going on behind the scenes but we need to be out in front of this and history does not give me confidence.
How can you tell he’s checked out?

Do you have a Sideline Stoic Meter showing he’s millimeters less energetic than 2017?

We are in November, they can let Dino go at any time. Get a jump on the interviewing process and get the guy YOU want. Be proactive.

And if Whildhack doesn't want to pull the trigger now or at the end of the season, he can go, too. Probably need both gone in reality to re-build the football program right with a new vision and perspective.

So…what if Wildhack is ready to fire Dino right now, but BOT won’t give him the go-ahead?

And the BOT is going to dictate the “vision and perspective” related to athletics generally and football specifically. That’s not going to change, even if - for whatever reason - the AD at the school changes.

Ok, but where are the wins on the field and court? I think they will come with Adrian but time will tell
That hire makes me even more concerned about Wildhack making the correct hire. I like Red but i’ll never be convinced hiring a long time assistant from a rotting program. imo we needed a hire from outside to inject some energy back into the program. This just feels like an extension of what was no longer working. I can’t think of an example where a long time assistant was hired to a team that went on a long downward spiral from the HC he worked under. I would be shocked if there has ever been such a hire.

How can you tell he’s checked out?

Do you have a Sideline Stoic Meter showing he’s millimeters less energetic than 2017?
Listen to his interviews crying about the NIL portal and that’s where his depth is, or how Jordan Travis is some heisman QB leading up to the game. Not to mention the way he tried to play not to get blown out. Kicking fg’s and playing stall ball. If that’s not the talk of a HC who quit on his team then i don’t know what is.

Dino needs to be held accountable. Wildhack needs to hire the next coach.
I have zero confidence he can pull this off. Granted, I may need a refresher on what JW has done here, but I’m not stoked on him either.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom