Will anything change the next few years other than the talent level? | Syracusefan.com

Will anything change the next few years other than the talent level?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Just wondering if anyone thinks we will play any differently the next 4-5 years.
Is it going to be an ISO offense, 100% zone, press when down the next 4-5 years.
I know the talent will improve next year but hopefully we can see some tweaks.

A lot depends on who will be pushing the tempo and actually running with the ball. Bazely, Carey, or Frank. I still don’t believe we can run with Frank. He’s fine as a pass first guy and will be able to set guys up to make plays.

Schemes will probably remain the same. Might see a lot of pick and pop with Bazely though. He’ll probably only press (sigh) if/when to wake up the boys or if they are getting smoked in a game.

Just wondering if anyone thinks we will play any differently the next 4-5 years.
Is it going to be an ISO offense, 100% zone, press when down the next 4-5 years.
No. But the talent increase will be enough for me. I have no desire to coach the team. Just be entertained with winning.

The offense is predicated on the talent, so yes.

JB doesn't run 1 offense and just shoehorn whatever players he has into it. He tailors it to the personnel he has available. He's done this as far back as I can remember. It will remain a 'pro-style' offense at its core.

The only things we know for sure are JB will play zone and you 'll tell us all about it. Surefire "Catch 22"

The only things we know for sure are JB will play zone and you 'll tell us all about it. Surefire "Catch 22"
Yeah because I never make sense.
I just throw crap on the wall.
You got me. Sorry I bother you. Don’t read it if it bothers you.

If we have the talent we need to at least throw it down low a bit and get some of the curl/down screen actions we used for Rautins when he was here.

I’d like to see more movement like we had when we had Triche and CJ in 2013 where one of them trailed the other off down screens.

People complained about Cooney when he was here, but he would be the best shooter on this team. I just don’t think we do enough to get our best guys open looks and haven’t for 5 or 6 years.

If we have the talent we need to at least throw it down low a bit and get some of the curl/down screen actions we used for Rautins when he was here.

I’d like to see more movement like we had when we had Triche and CJ in 2013 where one of them trailed the other off down screens.

People complained about Cooney when he was here, but he would be the best shooter on this team. I just don’t think we do enough to get our best guys open looks and haven’t for 5 or 6 years.
Well, in this case, it's tough to get guys open when they don't have to guard two of them. That is why I see Sid and Marek as the keys to the rest of this season. when Sid can play, he can score. And Marek has showed a little more as the season has gone on.

True. They gotta draw up better stuff or something. Cooney ran around for his life and it was super hard to get him good looks. Hell, Andrew White shot tons of contested shots. I remember watching some of those good Baylor teams a few years ago. Also, a 2-3 zone team with athletes. They somehow got one of their few shooters (Brady Heslip) clean looks all the time!

Well, in this case, it's tough to get guys open when they don't have to guard two of them. That is why I see Sid and Marek as the keys to the rest of this season. when Sid can play, he can score. And Marek has showed a little more as the season has gone on.

I agree. That’s why I said if we have the talent.

If JB has his son shooting 25 foot fade away 3’s like Cooney took most of his time here my head is going to explode. Oh and if we don’t utilize Bazley in the high/low post like we didn’t last year with Lydon because we haven’t had a guard who could throw a post pass since Triche graduated I’ll go nuts as well.

I agree. That’s why I said if we have the talent.

If JB has his son shooting 25 foot fade away 3’s like Cooney took most of his time here my head is going to explode. Oh and if we don’t utilize Bazley in the high/low post like we didn’t last year with Lydon because we haven’t had a guard who could throw a post pass since Triche graduated I’ll go nuts as well.

This!

Considering nothing needs to change except for the talent level, I hope nothing changes.

jb has his young, injury riddled team a game out of 4th place in the loss column

I hear that for sure but I think this year’s ACC isn’t very good in an already down year of college hoops. I doubt any ACC team gets to the F4, frankly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom