Will Loeb or Kinder get any reps at QB tomorrow? | Syracusefan.com

Will Loeb or Kinder get any reps at QB tomorrow?

Will Loeb or Kinder get any reps at QB tomorrow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes, only hoping to see Kinder. Looking forward to next season, I would just like to see what the offense looks like with a mobile QB. Nassib has a better arm than Kinder and probably more knowledge of the offense, but with an O-Line that constantly breaks down, we need a QB that can quickly get out of the pocket and keep the LB's honest.

This probably only happens if it is a blowout, or Marrone decides to really switch things up during the game (not likely).

They are still playing for a bowl slot.

Unless Nassib gets hurt, no.

Only variation is if they put in a package for Kinder like Uconn and Cinci did for their "running" QB's.

God I hope not...

Nassib has a better arm than Kinder and probably more knowledge of the offense

Nassib has 100% more knowledge of the offense. Kinder can throw the ball further, but his accuracy and progressions are not good. You have no idea if he can get out of the pocket quicker than Ryan, either. Ryan reacts well and can move when there isn't someone coming unblocked to sack him.

That would be great. they have tried everything else at this point, give Kinder a set of downs see what happens

I should have clarified. I didn't mean will Loeb or Kinder get reps while the game is still competitive. I meant will either get reps if SU is down 21 points at the start of the 4th qtr? I'm talking about Marrone's habit of never pulling Nassib, no matter how late in the game it is and how huge the deficit is.

(Or in the case of SU's one blowout win, how huge the lead is).

Wouldn't mind seeing Kinder get a couple series just to throw the defense a change up. Would love to see some originality but I doubt we will.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kinder get a couple series just to throw the defense a change up. Would love to see some originality but I doubt we will.

Agreed. I would hope that maybe Marrone/Hackett can insert Kinder for a different look to catch Pitt off-guard. Probably won't happen.

That would be great. they have tried everything else at this point, give Kinder a set of downs see what happens

Second string QB is always the favorite on a mediocre team. The bottom line is that Nassib, if he had a broken non throwing hand, and a pulled hamstring, gives us a better chance to beat Pitt than the others.

A couple reps? I don't know. guess it couldn't hurt, but does it really do anything either.

That is my hope that they installed a package or two for Kinder to mix it up a little.

Ryan reacts well and can move when there isn't someone coming unblocked to sack him.

Are you kidding me? Ryan falls apart when under pressure.

We just don't have a qb good enough to play an NFL-like offense. Nassib can't sit around in the pocket like Brady and pick apart the defense. As much as I hate to admit it, we don't have that kind of a guy and won't for many years. In this sense, I'd love to see a dual-threat quarterback that could give us a few more first downs and extend our attack.

Has anybody but Nassib is the only QB to take any game snaps all season. Given that, the odds are about zero anyone but Nassib takes any snap unless he gets hurt.

God I hope not...

Nassib has 100% more knowledge of the offense. Kinder can throw the ball further, but his accuracy and progressions are not good. You have no idea if he can get out of the pocket quicker than Ryan, either. Ryan reacts well and can move when there isn't someone coming unblocked to sack him.
In watching some of the preseason practices, it wasn't that hard to tell that Kinder is quicker and faster than Ryan. That being said, how he would respond in a game-decision, I don't know. But moving out of the pocket and avoiding pressure certainly isn't one of Ryan's strengths.

I wouldn't mind seeing something tricky with Nassib as the main passer and having Kinder to run some plays. These are desperate times and we've gotta do whatever that gives us the best chance to win (and Nassib's lone passing abilities isn't going to cut it).

In watching some of the preseason practices, it wasn't that hard to tell that Kinder is quicker and faster than Ryan. That being said, how he would respond in a game-decision, I don't know. But moving out of the pocket and avoiding pressure certainly isn't one of Ryan's strengths.

Yeah, because he sucks at throwing on designed roll outs.:rolleyes:

Agreed. I would hope that maybe Marrone/Hackett can insert Kinder for a different look to catch Pitt off-guard. Probably won't happen.

Would hate to think that we waited until we lost 4 in a row and faced bowl desperation to try this and it was successful. Would make me think we should have done it sooner.

avoiding pressure and designed rollouts are 2 different things
Even Mike Vick can't get away from a blitzer coming of the right side practically unblocked while another is coming through the a-gap. there are usually two people closing in on the QB on every pass play.

avoiding pressure and designed rollouts are 2 different things

The first part was "moving out of the pocket", which he does well. Avoiding pressure, I've seen him step up or move laterally in the pocket plenty of times. Is he McNabb, no, who is?

The first part was "moving out of the pocket", which he does well. Avoiding pressure, I've seen him step up or move laterally in the pocket plenty of times. Is he McNabb, no, who is?
aye yi yi

any normal person would've read the original point as moving out of the pocket because of pressure

"But moving out of the pocket and avoiding pressure certainly isn't one of Ryan's strengths."

he should've said "to" instead of "and" but come on you know what he meant.

I don't imagine we'll see anyone but Nassib. But also not sure why people are upset by that. I get all the arguments against him, but Marrone showed in his first year that he's perfectly willing to use his 2nd string QB if there's a purpose and a point. That he doesn't done so this year says more about the backups than it does about Marrone or Nassib.

Not a chance. I don't expect the game to be very close but I doubt we get beat so bad that CL gets in. Kinder no chance

Only way Charlie Loeb gets in is if Ryan's head gets knocked off and they are unable to surgically re-attach it to his body during the ensuing time out...

Kinder... maybe if they run some pre-designed runs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom