Will Syracuse and Nike split? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Syracuse and Nike split?

Ugh. You guys have some seriously bad taste in clothes and sportswear.

I vote Nike.

Adidas is ugly, Under Armor is flat out repulsive and Jordan makes zero sense. A logo of a basketball player on a football jersey? Please.

New Balance or and1's basketball come-back starts with Syracuse!

(no not really)

That was the best place to go in the 1990s if you wanted a Chicago Bulls jersey with John Stockton's name on it.

Haha. Once in awhile you could find a gem with a very minor and hardly noticeable defect. Whenever we visited family in western NY, I wanted to go there and see if I could find a jersey in decent shape for cheap.

In terms of basketball sneakers Nike/Jordan hasn’t had legit competition as far as popularity goes, since the 90s. For a basketball school like us, I think that’s gotta be the bottom line. That’s what the majority of kids want to play in.

I agree thinking JB would want to stick with Nike, he had nice things to say about the athletic behemoth in Requiem For The Big East, which is a great 30 for 30 either way.

I think the whole shoe/gear game will be blown up at some point. Will be interesting to see what happens. The AAU landscape changing beginning next year will have a huge effect on this as well.

The top 5 bestselling signature shoes in 2017 were

LBJ - Nike
Kyrie - Nike
Durant - Nike
Curry - UA
Michael Jordan - Jordan/Nike

I don't see Syracuse parting ways...reworking? Yes. Going to another company? No.

The SU athletic department just tweeted a little clip of Nike gear being handed to the football players. Coach Babers liked the tweet. Just FYI, FWIW.

New Balance or and1's basketball come-back starts with Syracuse!

(no not really)

Funny thing is you aren’t wrong.

New Balance will be launching a basketball shoe. Don’t be surprised if they sign a Boston Celtic player or two.

The market changed tons in the past year. Under Armour doesn’t have the money to spend in the US as it’s beomg reallocated to international. Adidas is a centerpiece of an FBI investigation.

The only legit contender to Nike just might be Puma money wise. But that would be colossally hard to imagine. Next up, laugh, but Champion is growing big time (its outselling Under Armour at NYC Foot Lockers).

Would be smilies to a Clemson football upset if Nike doesn’t keep the Cuse.

New Balance will be launching a basketball shoe. Don’t be surprised if they sign a Boston Celtic player or two.

The market changed tons in the past year. Under Armour doesn’t have the money to spend in the US as it’s beomg reallocated to international. Adidas is a centerpiece of an FBI investigation.

The only legit contender to Nike just might be Puma money wise. But that would be colossally hard to imagine. Next up, laugh, but Champion is growing big time (its outselling Under Armour at NYC Foot Lockers).

I’ve definitely noticed the Champion comeback(personally I never left it) in terms of clothing, but I don’t know if they’ve ever even made basketball shoes? I’ve certainly never seen a pair.

Puma just signed a bunch of rookie NBA players, that will be interesting.

As a consumer I’d love to see some viable competition as far as basketball goes. Nike was king when I grew up, but it was a legit competition and you’d see a ton of Reebok, some Converse, Fila for a couple years, adidas, and then later on And 1 for a few years.

British Knights

Bring back the Dymacels and suit the whole team up in them!

0.jpg.cf.jpg

I’ve definitely noticed the Champion comeback(personally I never left it) in terms of clothing, but I don’t know if they’ve ever even made basketball shoes? I’ve certainly never seen a pair.

Puma just signed a bunch of rookie NBA players, that will be interesting.

As a consumer I’d love to see some viable competition as far as basketball goes. Nike was king when I grew up, but it was a legit competition and you’d see a ton of Reebok, some Converse, Fila for a couple years, adidas, and then later on And 1 for a few years.

Nike has around 92% market share in basketball kicks. It’s insane. And most of that resides with the Jordan Brand.

Fun stat: 85-90 percent of basketball shoes sold never touch a court. Lifestyle.

Oh I know New Balance and And1 are both trying to come back. I was only kidding about the part where I think Syracuse would sign with them.

Unless the money was enough to make some kind of difference in the athletic department then it's absolutely not worth leaving Nike or going to Jordan for anyone else. Recruits don't want to wear anything else besides maybe some basketball players might be ok with Adidas.

Oh I know New Balance and And1 are both trying to come back. I was only kidding about the part where I think Syracuse would sign with them.

And1 is a Walmart brand at this point isn't it?

I don't know why Jordan brand is being tossed around. The uniforms would be the same and Nike schools have access to Jordan shoes. No difference other than logo.

And1 is a Walmart brand at this point isn't it?

I honestly didn't know that And1 still existed, but I think Darren Rovell or someone from ESPN was reporting that both them and New Balance are trying to get back into the NBA scene again.

I don't know why Jordan brand is being tossed around. The uniforms would be the same and Nike schools have access to Jordan shoes. No difference other than logo.

Because they have been picking up certain schools and creating school specific versions of their shoes that 18 year olds go nuts about.