Will Syracuse and Nike split? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Will Syracuse and Nike split?

And1 is a Walmart brand at this point isn't it?
I know And1 was acquired by Brown Shoe (now Caleres) at one point. Not sure how many times the brand has been sold since.

Now New Balance actually would not bother me for several reasons.

They made their mark in the ‘80s with very solid and comfortable basketball shoes that were extremely popular. They have made a big push to become relevant again nationally with a lot of money being thrown at MLB, they are an internationally known and respected brand and I’m a runner and I love running in their equipment.

Lastly my initials happen to be ‘N.B.’ so the logo on the jersey would be a plus.

Now New Balance actually would not bother me for several reasons.

They made their mark in the ‘80s with very solid and comfortable basketball shoes that were extremely popular. They have made a big push to become relevant again nationally with a lot of money being thrown at MLB, they are an internationally known and respected brand and I’m a runner and I love running in their equipment.

Lastly my initials happen to be ‘N.B.’ so the logo on the jersey would be a plus.

If we sign with New Balance, it would be because 1) the Davis family got drunk and offered way too much money by mistake, or 2) they have pictures of our AD or Chancellor that are compromising.

If we just care about lifestyle/street cred/recruiting we should go North Face lock stock and barrel.

We could capture the foreign market if we switch to Superdry.

If we just care about lifestyle/street cred/recruiting we should go North Face lock stock and barrel.

...or with someone that makes the gear for the Sports we play.

I bought a University of Detriot sweatshirt from there. Reread it again and you'll figure it out why a perfectly good sweatshirt was in the outlet (reject) store at Northern Lights
Mine said Davison. I assume it should have said Davidson. A nice thick hoodie for $2.99.

Timberland.
YSL.
Yeezy. (Good lord)
Balenciaga.

Nike is junk, just amazing how much the quality has gone down the last 5 years. They are also uninspiring with their designs.

This stuff ticks me right off..every year before football kicks off nike releases team shoes and cuse never has them. I get that most of these are football powerhouses but c'mon...why be with them if they dont offer all the perks. We are considered an elite nike schools when it comes to hoops so can you at least offer us all the goods for apparel across the board.

This stuff ticks me right off..every year before football kicks off nike releases team shoes and cuse never has them. I get that most of these are football powerhouses but c'mon...why be with them if they dont offer all the perks. We are considered an elite nike schools when it comes to hoops so can you at least offer us all the goods for apparel across the board.

Syracuse Football has been a non player for 15 years. That's the driver of the moment...

Syracuse Football has been a non player for 15 years. That's the driver of the moment...
Kentucky and Tennessee’s only relevance in football is that they’re in the SEC. Tennessee hasn’t been relevant in 10+ years. Arkansas is the same for that matter. I remember a good 4 or so years ago they were ranked like 6th to start the season and fell of instantly. Happened to TENN too recently. A lot of these s hooks with these shoes aren’t in there for football I can tell you that much. Kentucky, Arizona, UNC are all there for basketball.

We'll see what happens as the year comes to a close. You usually get these decisions made by the Spring Semester at the latest. I'd be extremely disappointed if SU went elsewhere. Under Armour doesn't even seem to be a realistic option due to their financial situation. They gave up their MLB deal to Nike because the company had been bleeding money.

Kentucky and Tennessee’s only relevance in football is that they’re in the SEC. Tennessee hasn’t been relevant in 10+ years. Arkansas is the same for that matter. I remember a good 4 or so years ago they were ranked like 6th to start the season and fell of instantly. Happened to TENN too recently. A lot of these s hooks with these shoes aren’t in there for football I can tell you that much. Kentucky, Arizona, UNC are all there for basketball.

Look up the last time TN or Ark were in the top 25. Then look up Syracuse.

There is over a decade a part from the answer.

Under Armour doesn't even seem to be a realistic option due to their financial situation. They gave up their MLB deal to Nike because the company had been bleeding money.

Are they really in that bad of shape? Seems hard to believe.

How long ago was that huge deal with UCLA made?

Are they really in that bad of shape? Seems hard to believe.

How long ago was that huge deal with UCLA made?

The deal was announced in 2016. It took into effect during the 2017-18 academic year. UA had begun experiencing financial difficulties in 2017.