Will Syracuse and Nike split? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Will Syracuse and Nike split?

Going UA or Adidas would be program suicide. Both pathetic when it comes to hoops. Pathetic in general actually.

I disagree on adidas. They’ve stepped up their b-ball shoes the last 4-5 years. They seem to be up and down over the years though.

That said, Nike is obviously king when it comes to hoops - which is why I wouldn’t worry about this.

I disagree on adidas. They’ve stepped up their b-ball shoes the last 4-5 years. They seem to be up and down over the years though.

That said, Nike is obviously king when it comes to hoops - which is why I wouldn’t worry about this.
I agree regarding Nike being number 1 but I think Adidas is a reasonable 2nd place and not a huge step down. UA is obviously 3.

1988 just called. They want their hot take back.

Dude..good one! Seriously though do you play the game? Did you play the game? If so you’d understand that both companies have ZERO street cred. ZERO. No one is waiting for the new James harden or Dame lillard to drop and they’re superstars in the game. Better believe kids care when KD and Kobe and kyrie sneakers come out. Its a thing and considering the joke you came with I don’t expect you to understand. Nike is king and the only reason adidas is even in the game is because of the dollars. You give 10 kids an option of which brand and 9/10 pick Nike every time. The only other acceptable option is Jordan.

Dude..good one! Seriously though do you play the game? Did you play the game? If so you’d understand that both companies have ZERO street cred. ZERO. No one is waiting for the new James harden or Dame lillard to drop and they’re superstars in the game. Better believe kids care when KD and Kobe and kyrie sneakers come out. Its a thing and considering the joke you came with I don’t expect you to understand. Nike is king and the only reason adidas is even in the game is because of the dollars. You give 10 kids an option of which brand and 9/10 pick Nike every time. The only other acceptable option is Jordan.

I’ve seen quite a few Lillards and Crazy Explosives in the last few years. More than I’ve seen any of the recent post-retirement Kobe’s or any KD’s since the 7. I see a lot of Kyrie’s, Hyperdunks, and LeBron Soldiers.

I’d like to respectfully disagree. Adidas is awful man. Yes they’ve done a much better job as of late. They have some big names. But at the end of the day it’s adidas. This isn’t soccer. I don’t know if you remember or not but for a while adidas had a terrible rap of causing bad injuries and ruining careers. ACL Achilles along with the Derek Rose saga. I’m sorry but anything other then Nike/Jordan would be a terrible decision and have lasting consequences. Boeheim knows.

I’d like to respectfully disagree. Adidas is awful man. Yes they’ve done a much better job as of late. They have some big names. But at the end of the day it’s adidas. This isn’t soccer. I don’t know if you remember or not but for a while adidas had a terrible rap of causing bad injuries and ruining careers. ACL Achilles along with the Derek Rose saga. I’m sorry but anything other then Nike/Jordan would be a terrible decision and have lasting consequences. Boeheim knows.

If anyone was seriously blaming adidas for Rose’s injury...I mean...cmon.

That’s like blaming Nike for KD’s foot problems or Kobe blowing out his Achilles.

I think Nike is more reliable and consistent(especially sizing wise)and has a wider selection of good shoes to pick from...and frankly the shape of the swoosh just looks better on shoes IMO.

As a kid in the 90’s, adidas wasn’t even on my radar. But I can give credit where it’s due, they’ve stepped it up and improved recently IMO.

Nike is obviously the choice though, especially for a school with a strong b-ball program.

The Wildhack blog sure makes it seem like Nike is ready to re-up with the Orange.
Nike needs to sell the same kind of jackets and sweatshirts for Syracuse that schools like Duke and Kentucky get. If you look on there now it’s ridiculous!

Seems almost certain SU is re-signing with Nike.

When we do do you think that Nike willstart making the same kind of jackets and sweatshirts for Syracuse that they make for schools like Ohio State in Kentucky?

Last edited:
Are we bringing the old logo back?

This is being sold on the SU bookstore website:
Syracuse University Bookstore - Nike Shooting Shirt

37506SY4_a2_ven_sc7

I bought this not too long ago. It’s got Melo’s name and number on the back. Nike did these for a bunch of NBA stars like Durant, Chris Paul, Kyrie, Draymond Green, etc.

I had to have something with that logo on it again! Even if it’s not brought back on the uniforms, it would be nice to have it available on gear from time to time. I bought a cursive Syracuse t- shirt a couple years ago too. Wish we’d get back to that on the unis too. The whole “simplify the branding” with a boring S that looks just like Michigan St’s and Stanford was a mistake IMO.

Still available, only S and M though:
Nike College Future Star Replica T-Shirt - Men's at Champs Sports

Last edited:
37506SY4_a2_ven_sc7

I bought this not too long ago. It’s got Melo’s name and number on the back. Nike did these for a bunch of NBA stars like Durant, Chris Paul, Kyrie, Draymond Green, etc.

I had to have something with that logo on it again! Even if it’s not brought back on the uniforms, it would be nice to have it available on gear from time to time. I bought a cursive Syracuse t- shirt a couple years ago too. Wish we’d get back to that on the unis too. The whole “simplify the branding” with a boring S that looks just like Michigan St’s and Stanford was a mistake IMO.

Still available, only S and M though:
Nike College Future Star Replica T-Shirt - Men's at Champs Sports
In stock at university sports shop at great northern right now.

Nike is dealing from a position of extreme strength today. UnderArmour having financial challenges caused by trying to broaden their category breadth beyond their core. adidas is dealing with the fallout from the FBI investigation. Reebok is dead, Champion never materialized in footwear and Puma hasn’t come back the way they hoped to. Best case would be a short term extension with Nike while the market resettles.

Last edited:
Nike is dealing from a position of extreme strength today. UnderArmour having financial challenges caused by trying to broaden their category breadth beyond their core. adidas is dealing with the fallout from the FBI investigation. Reebok is dead, Champion never materialized in footwear and Puma hasn’t come bank the way they hoped to. Best case would be a short term extension with Nike while the market resettles.

Agreed. There’s really no other option.

Puma - too early to call whether their comeback worked IMO. I don’t think their first b-ball shoe is even out yet. Or if it is, it just came out. They signed a bunch of young unproven NBA players. If those guys become stars, they’re all with Puma. DeMarcus Cousins just signed, giving them a veteran star who is now in the limelight on Golden State. I’m interested to see how they do.

Last edited:
For some reason Nike has stopped selling as much Syracuse gear to fans.

For some reason Nike has stopped selling as much Syracuse gear to fans.

If you go to the Nike website and type “Syracuse” in the search bar, only 2 items come up. A hoodie and a hat(neither one of them Orange, of course). Both at discount prices. Which means there’s absolutely nothing new on their site for Syracuse. Hmmmm...

If you go to the Nike website and type “Syracuse” in the search bar, only 2 items come up. A hoodie and a hat(neither one of them Orange, of course). Both at discount prices. Which means there’s absolutely nothing new on their site for Syracuse. Hmmmm...

Everything is on Fanatics. There's a lot of stuff that Nike doesn't sell directly through their site.

I know. It’s kind of sad. We used to get a lot of neat gear.

Put Villanova in the search bar. Nothing even comes up for them. Wouldn’t look into that too much. Also heard wildhack on the radio talking about 2 internships with Nike and Syracuse starting next summer. Looks promising.