Will there be a season?

• Yes. We'll have a full season.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • No. Moving on to Spring.

Votes: 154 63.6%
  • Yes, But it will be cut short.

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
I get a flu vax every year with my asthma.

One year about 6 or 7 years ago, it was a bad match, and I got the flu. I felt like gahbage, and experienced effects of it for 5 weeks. Now, i only felt completely dreadul for about a week. 7 days of misery. The rest i was technically not recovering but had some lingering issues that I was able to work through (one of which was hoarseness oddly). But it sucked, and was an ordeal. But I didnt die, and i never really felt like I was anywhere close to dying, and if I knew that a vaccine would 60-70% keep me from getting COVID, and 30-40% would result in that, but likely no worse, I would be ok resuming my normal life. Washing hands, trying to be smart and safe, but being generally normal, attending sports, and being unmasked.

Last edited:
the cdc just released new guidance a few days ago, its a really good read.

if you read about many vaccines these side effects are pretty normal, million so of people get treatments for things that have far worse side effects. i had allergy shots as a kid every week and what ever arm i chose was sore/stiff for 2-3 days so i always chose left so it wouldnt mess with baseball in the summer. i dont think a couple doses if meds is a bad alternative to getting the virus.

The one piece of information that I think could be very valuable, and I am still waiting for research and clarity on - if a person gets the virus and only has mild symptoms once, does that likely mean that this same virus would ALWAYS only result in mild symptoms? Is that something they are predisposed to?

I know we arent there yet but it would be really valuable to know

The one piece of information that I think could be very valuable, and I am still waiting for research and clarity on - if a person gets the virus and only has mild symptoms once, does that likely mean that this same virus would ALWAYS only result in mild symptoms? Is that something they are predisposed to?

I know we arent there yet but it would be really valuable to know
Really wishful thinking, and I am right there with you. My husband, a scientist, says, “I’d like a vaccine that would guarantee I won’t die.” Yes, that would be nice.

The Really Big Question is: if our universities open in the fall, will they be safe? We are all tiptoeing around it, but most of us know deep in our marrow that the answer is no.

The MLL playoffs just got blown up. Two of the four semi-finalists forfeited and went home after a test (or tests) came back positive.

They had all 6 teams together for less than a week, playing a round-robin of 15 games, setting up a 4-team playoff. They couldn't get through it.

This does not bode well for football.

The MLL playoffs just got blown up. Two of the four semi-finalists forfeited and went home after a test (or tests) came back positive.

They had all 6 teams together for less than a week, playing a round-robin of 15 games, setting up a 4-team playoff. They couldn't get through it.

This does not bode well for football.

They couldn't get through it because people couldn't follow simple instructions for a few days.

There's already been one NBA player who left the bubble to visit a strip club.

We'll never get 7000 P5 college football players to behave for 3-4 months.

If and I say if these stats are true ...

it doesn’t say how many people in that age bracket that had the virus then passed it along to others. The number is also about twice that now.

there Is a shockingly high number of people in this country that are too stupid to recognize the risk is in chain of transmission vs individual outcomes.

I have no idea how we have survived so long as global leaders with so many stupid people here.

it doesn’t say how many people in that age bracket that had the virus then passed it along to others. The number is also about twice that now.
Even if it’s twice that it would have to be 20 times that and still schools didn’t close . Also we have 4 million cases IDK and nobody knows the real case amount if all people got tested . Would love to see the stat chart on number of test given and how many got tested with no symptoms just to be tested
If we said we had say 5 times the amount of cases (( I know it’s a guess ) that would be 20 million cases which would make the death rate .007% I know it’s hypothetical but probably realistic . My point is based on this information kids should be in school no doubt and no need to panic that someone test positive send them home . When someone has the flu do we shut down ?
Do we send everyone home ? I’m sure the flu infection rate is much higher as well , I’m sure
Plenty of people drink there Thera flu without going to the dr . I’m not trying to be off topic as this pertains to playing football , I’m not trying to disrespect any deaths , I’m simply posting that tick Tok as an eye opener as it shocks me when I see those comparisons . As a parent that makes me feel more comfortable sending my 2 boys to school
Your not stopping the chain of transmission unless you 100% lock down . People are at beaches , hair and nail salons , parks , bbqs ,
Super markets , Kmart , wall mart , malls , restaurants, busses , plains , trains , liquor stores , hardware stores , bagel stores , car dealerships , tradesman are in homes , dr offices , dental visits , parties , friends at each other’s houses . I’m sure I’m missing tons so what we take one of the most important things which is education with the least at risk age group and shut them down when all the rest of what I mentioned goes on ? Shut all down or nothing . To point at school or sports is the least on the list ! Packed stadiums I get that but kids on campus is better than kids partying and coming home to there parents everyday that’s just common sense, and I don’t want to hear about the professors 15 feet away they can plexiglass protect themselves better than a grocery clerk and goes to the supermarket.

Even if it’s twice that it would have to be 20 times that and still schools didn’t close . Also we have 4 million cases IDK and nobody knows the real case amount if all people got tested . Would love to see the stat chart on number of test given and how many got tested with no symptoms just to be tested
If we said we had say 5 times the amount of cases (( I know it’s a guess ) that would be 20 million cases which would make the death rate .007% I know it’s hypothetical but probably realistic . My point is based on this information kids should be in school no doubt and no need to panic that someone test positive send them home . When someone has the flu do we shut down ?
Do we send everyone home ? I’m sure the flu infection rate is much higher as well , I’m sure
Plenty of people drink there Thera flu without going to the dr . I’m not trying to be off topic as this pertains to playing football , I’m not trying to disrespect any deaths , I’m simply posting that tick Tok as an eye opener as it shocks me when I see those comparisons . As a parent that makes me feel more comfortable sending my 2 boys to school
Your not stopping the chain of transmission unless you 100% lock down . People are at beaches , hair and nail salons , parks , bbqs ,
Super markets , Kmart , wall mart , malls , restaurants, busses , plains , trains , liquor stores , hardware stores , bagel stores , car dealerships , tradesman are in homes , dr offices , dental visits , parties , friends at each other’s houses . I’m sure I’m missing tons so what we take one of the most important things which is education with the least at risk age group and shut them down when all the rest of what I mentioned goes on ? Shut all down or nothing . To point at school or sports is the least on the list ! Packed stadiums I get that but kids on campus is better than kids partying and coming home to there parents everyday that’s just common sense, and I don’t want to hear about the professors 15 feet away they can plexiglass protect themselves better than a grocery clerk and goes to the supermarket.
Couldnt watch.... so just some #'s

Ages 24 and under. 226 covid deaths, to 155 flu.

CDC estimates up to 10 times more infected than the official #. You've posted the 5 times mortality rate. 0.7% . Ten times rate is 0.34%. Its important to note that death is a trailing indicator. Using infections from 14-17 days ago, with todays total deaths, should be more accurate with the explosion of cases.

In following each teams infections, its VERY surprising how many are asymptomatic, or very mild. Zero hospitilizations for 500? or so cases.

The virus transmisibility rate is difficult to know. Many are using an Ro of 2. (Every 1 person positive infects 2 more) College dorm/group setting will raise that dramatically. See- 640 show up to boot camp negative. 1 week later, 142 positive.

IF there was a way to put college campuses in a bubble? (with no older staff/coaches/employees/contact with the community) Your point would stand. I dont believe that can happen. HOWEVER. If football players were put in a bubble?(NCAA says no) The chance of a season would dramatically increase. :-/

If and I say if these stats are true ...
Since I don't believe anything coming out of China these days, I certainly don't trust anything on Tiktok.

Campuses are the best place for these kids. They can’t visit grandma in the nursing home even if they want to.

Campuses are the best place for these kids. They can’t visit grandma in the nursing home even if they want to.
In a group living situation( the absolute worst place in a pandemic, with corresponding #'s to prove it), I'm of the mindset that hundreds and hundreds of thousands of kids will get sick. While it prolly won't kill them, it will certainly help the #'s explode in the community.

Are you going to make the 5,000+/- Syracuse University employees live on campus too?

How do you stop them from spreading the virus when the students give it to them, and they go home to take care of grandma?

So will all of this year’s seniors be given an auto extra year? And schools will be carry six years of kids next year? What’s the impact on scholarship limits? Will schools get to keep 105-110 scholarships for next year? I think that would really benefit the big guys. They would really stockpile, unless the NCAA says the only guys who can carry over are current players with full established eligibility.

So will all of this year’s seniors be given an auto extra year? And schools will be carry six years of kids next year? What’s the impact on scholarship limits? Will schools get to keep 105-110 scholarships for next year? I think that would really benefit the big guys. They would really stockpile, unless the NCAA says the only guys who can carry over are current players with full established eligibility.

If they did what the NCAA did with LAX, the Seniors get another year, but schools won't have to give them a full scholarship.

7/27/20 - After seeing what's happening with Major League Baseball, I think that the season will be postponed to the spring. We need a Vaccine to control the virus. Better than no season.

We will be doomed with a spring season
Cisco gone ? Trill gone ? Jr 2 year grad transfers gone ? Better to cancel entire season or NFL doesn’t play and cancels season and draft then owners wouldn’t have to pay a 2nd batch of rookies

Are you going to make the 5,000+/- Syracuse University employees live on campus too?

How do you stop them from spreading the virus when the students give it to them, and they go home to take care of grandma?

The employees should wear PPE just like the grocery clerks

We will be doomed with a spring season
Cisco gone ? Trill gone ? Jr 2 year grad transfers gone ? Better to cancel entire season or NFL doesn’t play and cancels season and draft then owners wouldn’t have to pay a 2nd batch of rookies

Where are they going?

Classes don't end until May 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom