Will there be a season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will there be a season?

I can tell you that our school's plan has about a million holes in it. Maybe I will be wrong, but I see it being about 90% sure we are online again come Oct. 1. That or about 95% of students go home and that schools are "open" in name only.

I know one thing for sure, if they could figure out how to make money off of it, they would be sending TONS of protective gear to the schools already.

If you are serious about opening schools, you have to shovel money at making the kids and teachers / staff safe. It you're not serious about trying to really address the problem like a grown up, then stay off of TV, threatening people that they had better reopen.

There is an unlimited amount of money for tax breaks and banks and business. We all see through your charade.

I know one thing for sure, if they could figure out how to make money off of it, they would be sending TONS of protective gear to the schools already.

If you are serious about opening schools, you have to shovel money at making the kids and teachers / staff safe. It you're not serious about trying to really address the problem like a grown up, then stay off of TV, threatening people that they had better reopen.

There is an unlimited amount of money for tax breaks and banks and business. We all see through your charade.

Our school has already spent 10-15 million on reopening. I think of it kind of like making sure that you're in a "safer" car, but with a very drunk driver who is going to go 100 miles/hour.

Our school has already spent 10-15 million on reopening. I think of it kind of like making sure that you're in a "safer" car, but with a very drunk driver who is going to go 100 miles/hour.

Good luck to everyone.

Rochester Redwings AAA baseball team is selling a shirt that says: "The Undeated Season 2020"
Rochester Red Wings Official Store

So is everyone else...

1595973142014.png

A lot will rest on whether colleges really reopen for in-person classes, or how long they last. I think it is highly unlikely it takes more than a few weeks before campuses are shut down again, and also highly unlikely we see any college sports until there is a widely-available vaccine.
I agree. The key to the season will be the widespread availability of vaccines (and that's true of opening schools, too). And, if you are an old fart such as myself, you will remember a time when the season didn't begin until the first of December. When I was in school, the season didn't begin until then, and the conference tournaments were over before the first week of March was past. Somehow, we've managed to add almost six weeks to the season. It doesn't have to take the better part of five months to complete a season. Even if the start of play is delayed until the second or third week of January, conference tournaments could be over by the end of March/beginning of April, and the NCAAT completed by the end of April or beginning of May. And that could be accomplished without seriously reducing the number of games played. If preseason tournaments are eliminated, and they surely would be, this is all doable. Right now, it is all about the vaccines and their efficacy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom