Will Tyler Lydon be the guy? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Tyler Lydon be the guy?

Any time you get into a private workout with a big man that can light it up from 3 the way he likely will, it tends to impress NBA teams. Add in that he'll probably be the "role player who knows his role" type guy, and I think he's going to come across very well. He's aiming to be taken in the 20-30 range; the teams picking there can all use a stretch 4 and I'm guessing they'll be excited to have a guy that understands his role and won't try to be more than he is.
this is good, insightful info that I hadn't considered (don't follow the nba enough) - thank you for this

But isn't that why any person on Earth takes any job anywhere?

Yeah, I still haven't met anyone who would do their job for free.

If Malachi comes back this year and tears his hamstring against Wake Forest in the dome like he did in the D League this year do you guys think he gets drafted?

Ask Grayson Allen if he wishes he came out last year. Where is he on this years draft boards?

This, as well as many others is a great example of why the NBA owner's, execs, etc. should implement something similar to the 3 year baseball rule. If crazy talented, as only a very select few are, go right from HS, otherwise you have to stay in college for three years. In that case, you get a much better idea of the player's talent and don't get fooled based on a small cross section and one's alleged "potential," that often doesn't come to full fruition.

Essentially how I feel.

Time to search the Catskills for another Great White Hope.
While its great to see the Catskills mentioned here, since I love the Catskills, but...

Tyler is not from the Catskills. I live at the edge of the Catskills, and Tyler is from the other side of the Hudson River. His area does have great views of the Catskills, though, 10 to 15 miles away.

Only reason he goes is for the money.

Just don't see any way he ever makes an NBA roster.
noone goes for the "its my dream to play in the NBA" although everyone says it. You want to get paid. Just say it. This "I have a dream" speech crap drives me crazy. If the league maximum for rookies was $250,000 I'd like to see how many play that "dream" out.

noone goes for the "its my dream to play in the NBA" although everyone says it. You want to get paid. Just say it. This "I have a dream" speech crap drives me crazy. If the league maximum for rookies was $250,000 I'd like to see how many play that "dream" out.

Marsh, at your last job interview when the interviewee asked you why you want this job, did you say "I want more money biotch!" or did you give a tactful answer?

To finally flip the momentum of "guy who is questionably ready to leave for the NBA draft?"

Lyndon is gone. We are an NIT team again next year.

Let's see, leave and make millions, or come back with an inexperienced team with no point guard lol. Come on.

Marsh, at your last job interview when the interviewee asked you why you want this job, did you say "I want more money biotch!" or did you give a tactful answer?

I said pay me my money. I dont work for the love of working thats for damn sure.

I just wonder if they will see the potential, or if he exposed himself this year.

We will hear at the end of this season that he will be having some surgery, or is going to rehab his leg/ankle/achilles. He lost too much explosiveness from last year for no well explained reason that I've heard.

If Malachi comes back this year and tears his hamstring against Wake Forest in the dome like he did in the D League this year do you guys think he gets drafted?

Ask Grayson Allen if he wishes he came out last year. Where is he on this years draft boards?

I just think it's funny, for guys who aren't top ten guarantees, you always hear "come back and improve your stock and you're a lotto pick". Well, Lydon was one of those guys, he came back, and is his stock any higher than it was last year? It's not a given that a guy comes back and improves his stock.

I selfishly want him to come back, but what weaknesses will he improve on by returning? To me, the two things he needs to work on right now are his ball handling and his explosiveness/agility. I think a large reason why Lydon seemed passive on offense this year is because he was mostly a catch and shoot guy on the perimeter. He could take his game from a 13ppg scorer to a 16ppg scorer next year if he improves his two main weaknesses, but would that really make that much of a difference given the fact he'd be a year older and teams value youth so much right now?

I'm not sure how much value Lydon would gain by coming back for a junior year to improve in those two areas. If NBA teams tell him he's a first rounder, which they probably will even if they don't intend on drafting him, then I think he's as good as gone. Hope I'm wrong though.

While its great to see the Catskills mentioned here, since I love the Catskills, but...

Tyler is not from the Catskills. I live at the edge of the Catskills, and Tyler is from the other side of the Hudson River. His area does have great views of the Catskills, though, 10 to 15 miles away.
Hudson River Valley then, my apologies.

I think he and Battle are probably like 5 percent coming back. They see the roster and issues too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom