Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress

I must be old. I had to look up what “GTL” meant LOL. Of course a picture of one of the cast of Jersey Shore was displayed who probably wasn‘t even a NJ native.

Yeah, half of them were from Staten Island.

The OL was obviously a huge part of the problem...but TD's failure to make the proper reads was also a big issue.
Locking in on one receiver regardless of pre-snap reads really crippled the offense. Did Taj, N Johnson and Riley suddenly become incompetent?
Right. You would think a leaky oline would have led ro more dumpdowns like when Philips caught a million balls the first two years Dino was here. TD seemed to always be looking for the homerun.

Right. You would think a leaky oline would have led ro more dumpdowns like when Philips caught a million balls the first two years Dino was here. TD seemed to always be looking for the homerun.
I have been saying that for a while. Killing me.

I have been saying that for a while. Killing me.
Even Dino called him out as a "gunslinger" and that he needed to do a better job of taking what's there.

Even Dino called him out as a "gunslinger" and that he needed to do a better job of taking what's there.
Sometimes bringing a knife to a gunfight is the best course of action...I'm thinking of James Coburn's character in the original Magnificent Seven movie when he throws a switchblade faster than the other man could draw his gun and fire. Classic scene.

I bet Dino would approve of the movie reference as well;)

But I just didn’t see the hot reads in hashes like when erv was there. If ur blitzing me heavy u need a strong screen game and hot reads which as u know will bail out qb cause they are quick dump routes. It was crazy. Yes we didn’t have olineman but we coulda got snap and flipped it to Johnson or Riley. I don’t know why it wasn’t there and it’s weird that it wasn’t.

But I just didn’t see the hot reads in hashes like when erv was there. If ur blitzing me heavy u need a strong screen game and hot reads which as u know will bail out qb cause they are quick dump routes. It was crazy. Yes we didn’t have olineman but we coulda got snap and flipped it to Johnson or Riley. I don’t know why it wasn’t there and it’s weird that it wasn’t.
Sadly, the offense appeared to operate more smoothly when Welch, a far less talented QB played. He seemed to have a better understanding of the offense...especially at the LOS.

Sadly, the offense appeared to operate more smoothly when Welch, a far less talented QB played. He seemed to have a better understanding of the offense...especially at the LOS.
Welch also got to play after the line was fixed

DeVito was pretty good the last few games too

Yes, they’re all ripped, but so is everyone else they will play. Dino needs to have these guys focusing on burst, speed and basic fundamentals. Sloppy play throughout last year was super disappointing.

It’s cool that TD can squat and clean a bunch, but that doesn’t help him realize he’s missing wide open slants across the middle.

Need to get back to the basics and take what’s there, then occasionally the big chunk plays will open up.

Yes, they’re all ripped, but so is everyone else they will play. Dino needs to have these guys focusing on burst, speed and basic fundamentals. Sloppy play throughout last year was super disappointing.

It’s cool that TD can squat and clean a bunch, but that doesn’t help him realize he’s missing wide open slants across the middle.

Need to get back to the basics and take what’s there, then occasionally the big chunk plays will open up.

Why not both?

No reason that TD can’t get SWOLE in body and mind. :cool:

We saw it in the Big East and see it in the ACC. You can win a game, or put yourself in better position to win, by being the bigger and faster team.

I remember a Marrone era game vs Cincy where we absolutely dominated them size and speed wise. It was so evident that we were on another level.

would love to eventually get back to that.