Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress

seems like these numbers are never accurate. Always a tick slower at the combine

seems like these numbers are never accurate. Always a tick slower at the combine
Being laser eliminates 1 of the two large variables, the other being the track type

These being laser make them much more reliable but the same guys from other teams that you thought were 4.4 combine guys might be 4.3 on a better/different track that we’re using

1 thing I’m certain of, we are faster, stronger and bigger/longer than we have been under the previous 3 regimes.

Reading these numbers has me craving football and we're still a week plus from March. I really think we have some good talent on both sides of the ball. Depth is the concern, but assuming relatively good health and no major injuries at key positions, I think we're in for a good season.

Not sure I buy that. I’m an athletic guy under 200 lbs - yeah, in my 30’s - but I’m running high-5’s for a 40.

Check the combine #'s over the years quite a few have gotten under the 5 second 40.

can someone pt to actual plays that TD locked onto a WR too much?

We run a bunch of post snap read plays by design, so if the pre-snap says the Z is the throw and then the post snap route is based on coverage, you pretty much have to be watching the WR to know witch way the WR is gonna go. out route tree is not simply run the slant its often changed based on the coverage the DB runs and you wont know some of that 1 sec into the play

The physical attributes of players on this team is such an upgrade from the prior staff. I hope everything comes together this year as it did two years ago.

Not sure I buy that. I’m an athletic guy under 200 lbs - yeah, in my 30’s - but I’m running high-5’s for a 40.
Servais absolutely runs a 4.9.

While most think they can run a sub 5.0 second forty, they are usually very wrong. Your time seems about right.

Servais absolutely runs a 4.9.

While most think they can run a sub 5.0 second forty, they are usually very wrong. Your time seems about right.

Completely agree - it’s insane to run anything like that. If Servais is running sub-5 40s, he’s going to be a low-round draft pick.

Completely agree - it’s insane to run anything like that. If Servais is running sub-5 40s, he’s going to be a low-round draft pick.

That’s a great article!

And too true - every couch potato/washed up HS athlete thinks they are way faster than they really are.

It’s not unlike how many people think they could be the 12th man on an NBA bench, getting paid 6-figures to do... nothing.

There was a reality show where noted 12th man Brian Scalabrine took on all comers -
AND DESTROYED THEM.

Something like 97% of HS athletes don’t make it to D1.

And 97% of D1 athletes never make it to the Pros.