Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress

My brother-in-law is a power lifter so for Christmas I got him one tank top with a picture of a jacked TR that says "Teddy Swolesevelt" and another with a jacked Jesus that says "Hollowed be thy gains."

Not sure why I felt the need to share that.
One of my personal favorites:

Screenshot_20200223-232215_Chrome.jpg

That’s a great article!

And too true - every couch potato/washed up HS athlete thinks they are way faster than they really are.

It’s not unlike how many people think they could be the 12th man on an NBA bench, getting paid 6-figures to do... nothing.

There was a reality show where noted 12th man Brian Scalabrine took on all comers -
AND DESTROYED THEM.

Something like 97% of HS athletes don’t make it to D1.

And 97% of D1 athletes never make it to the Pros.
And 75% of statistics are made up.

That, and doing 20 pull-ups, which is harder than you’d think.

(drive-by gloating - my PB was 22, but that was also almost that many years ago.
I can maybe do 8 now)

As fit as those American Gladiator contestants were, the American Ninjas are at an absurdly higher level.
The stuff those guys and gals can do is superhuman.
Different physiques and skillsets. ANW emphasizes grip strength to a high degree and light weight athletes. Almost all of them have no legs. AG required overall body strength combined with some muscle mass as there was a lot of one on one combat-type competition.
For my money, I'd still rather watch Wipeout.

That is a ridiculous amount of weight. 6-plated squats for a QB. If that's a heavier bar, it's close to 600 lbs.
I guess it could be 6 plates but I only see that 5 plates are visible. Either way the kid is a beast. Realy hope Rex gets a chance to get on the field this year as the second stringer to show what he can do. I really feel like he could surprise some people with his abilities.

I guess it could be 6 plates but I only see that 5 plates are visible. Either way the kid is a beast. Realy hope Rex gets a chance to get on the field this year as the second stringer to show what he can do. I really feel like he could surprise some people with his abilities.

Yeah look closer, it's definitely 6 plates, not 5. That is a MUTANT amount of weight to squat. Just absurd.

Yeah look closer, it's definitely 6 plates, not 5. That is a MUTANT amount of weight to squat. Just absurd.

Yes. THIS. :cool:

First pic, our L side (his R) there are 6 plates on the bar.

Not too, too bad.
For a QB. ;)

You might want to get bifocals. ;)

Ha. OK I see on the other link or if you click on the pic it shows another view. That is pretty bad a$$ for a QB.

Muscle Gain is 80% nutrition
There are many ways to train a muscle
You are wgat you eat

Charley Loeb thinks so too. ;)

It was pointed out to me that the bell tatoo is for "ringing the bell"...beating cancer.
I didn't realize that Charley Loeb was a QB coach here in Atlanta.