Wisconsin fires Paul Chryst / hires Luke Fickell | Syracusefan.com

Wisconsin fires Paul Chryst / hires Luke Fickell

I mean, not shocked. The run an outdated offense and they always come up short.

I used to live in Wisconsin and know a lot of UW grads; almost all of them were thrilled by this news. He definitely hadn’t won over the fan base, and I suspect big money donors/boosters were not fans of Chryst.

I think one of the changes in college football is that major college head coaches need to be able to win over boosters - years ago winning was enough, I don’t think you can win enough anymore for it to be enough.

I used to live in Wisconsin and know a lot of UW grads; almost all of them were thrilled by this news. He definitely hadn’t won over the fan base, and I suspect big money donors/boosters were not fans of Chryst.

I think one of the changes in college football is that major college head coaches need to be able to win over boosters - years ago winning was enough, I don’t think you can win enough anymore for it to be enough.
That's stupid. I have no dog in this fight, but 4 ten+ win seasons out of 7 with no losing records. Boosters are stupid.

Another reason why Dino should be thankful he chose Syracuse over others. The patience has been extraordinary by P5 standards.

I mean, I guess so, 95% of the diehards on here wanted dino canned in the offseason. Bunch of numbskulls.

Something to be said for being the school that values stability and gives your coach a long leash. Wisconsin ain’t that school.
Really hope it makes some of these coaches think twice before bolting. Have a comfortable job and a stable life or chase the money and possibly be packing your bags after busting your butt for a school.

Welcome to Nebraskaville, Wisconsin.

Chasing ghosts at this point - be content with what he gave you.

Barry Alvarez was a career 61% winner at Wisconsin, and they worship him. Chryst was 72%.
Agree very much overall with your point, but as to Alvarez record, he took over a program in much worse shape.