Wisconsin Game Thread... | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Wisconsin Game Thread...

I have whiplash with how quickly I went from Final 4 team to firmly on the bubble.

We don't have any "dudes". We've got a bunch of soft guys who have some talent but all have a major fault that will hold them back.

AW3 - no handle
Lydon - no handle
Battle - no game
Howard - no confidence
Gillon - no size
Roberson - no consistency
DC - no agility
Chukwu - no skill

This isn't Voltron. Can't put them together. This team is very flawed but could be good since the talent that's there is legit. However, our coach refuses, so far, to acquiesce to better fit their skills and thus, this is what we have right now.

Better hope for some wild upsets in the tourney and AW3 to pull out some magical 3 goggles in the postseason.

Yes, it's early. Yes, it's only two losses. Yes, we are fresh off a final 4.

But, I'm getting to a point where, when we fail, the WAY that we fail — I'm almost wishing we were going with an entire new staff once JB retires.

Don't overreact to my overreaction.

Hey at least were on fire recruiting coming off that final four. Oh wait...

This team is weak mentally.

This is it for me. All the issues folks are aptly pointing out, this is what it comes back to for me. They their pants in response to the SC loss and judging by body language, the old dudes they brought in don't exactly seem to be peak leaders.

This is it for me. All the issues folks are aptly pointing out, this is what it comes back to for me. They . . . . their pants in response to the SC loss and judging by body language, the old dudes they brought in don't exactly seem to be peak leaders.

Watching Howard ballhog towards the end then put his head down looking defeated is what I saw when I made the comment. Haven't seen one of our guys do that in a long time.

Wiscy's got veterans. But I wonder if any of those guys were top 50 HS recruits. Quick check shows them at mostly 3-stars, some 2, and a couple of 4s...

Haap was a 3! Why can't we get a 3-star to play like that? Who was our last 3-star to play with that level of competence?

Wiscy's got veterans. But I wonder if any of those guys were top 50 HS recruits. Quick check shows them at mostly 3-stars, some 2, and a couple of 4s...

Haap was a 3! Why can't we get a 3-star to play like that? Who was our last 3-star to play with that level of competence?

Probably Rautins or Triche

Cooney.

.500 in the ACC for a third straight year? A model of consistency.
2 final fours in 4 years. We have so many new parts and the zone takes a lot of practice. Today the team got into a funk when things didn't go well early. They drifted around rather than digging in and giving full effort. JB won't stand for that and players will either earn playing time or sit. I reserve judgement until mid to late January. Lets see if a leader steps up. Lets see if they can learn the zone. Lets see if all these new parts learn to play together. Wisconsin has 5 players returning that played a lot. We have Roberson and Lydon that played a lot. All our guards are either new or relatively new. Chukwu sat out a year. Bigs don't shake the rust as quickly as smaller players and its his first time in the zone. Too many new parts but a lot of talent to work with. I repeat: 2 final fours in 4 years. Did anyone see that coming last year?

We have open scholarships, nobody is coming. Has nothing to do with sanctions.

I think it is very safe to say Quade would have started at the PG next year no matter who comes back and would have received all the minutes in the world.

We have open scholarships, nobody is coming. Has nothing to do with sanctions.
I really, really have to believe it's down to not knowing who the coach is going to be. If it's Hop, what top 20 kid is going to need to commit to such an unknown? And opposing recruiters can just plant negative seeds by telling a kid to look at Hop's results last year. Whether or not that's actually indicative or predictive of anything is irrelevant.

2 final fours in 4 years. We have so many new parts and the zone takes a lot of practice. Today the team got into a funk when things didn't go well early. They drifted around rather than digging in and giving full effort. JB won't stand for that and players will either earn playing time or sit. I reserve judgement until mid to late January. Lets see if a leader steps up. Lets see if they can learn the zone. Lets see if all these new parts learn to play together. Wisconsin has 5 players returning that played a lot. We have Roberson and Lydon that played a lot. All our guards are either new or relatively new. Chukwu sat out a year. Bigs don't shake the rust as quickly as smaller players and its his first time in the zone. Too many new parts but a lot of talent to work with. I repeat: 2 final fours in 4 years. Did anyone see that coming last year?

My thoughts exactly, Paul. Kudos to yudos.

Koenig with 6 threes. At least this time it wasn't some nobody.
It's the simple recipe that every opposing coach should recognize. Put a decent passer with a decent 11-foot jumper at the FT line. Period. The. He just finds open shooters or punishes us himself. We'll have forwards flying out of bounds and away from rebounds on every shot.

Is the offense Boeheim runs older than him?

It was funny. I think Pasch was trying to get Fraschilla to talk about this in a subtle manner. He asked FF if JB had taken anything away from coaching at the Olympics and being around different offense. FF (paraphrasing) was like um, not really and talked about all that freedom on offense and such.

Unless you have lottery picks you can't keep playing ISO ball. Not going to work against good teams. Two games in a row now we BARELY have any open shots. These aren't UNLV early 90s Amoeba defenses. At some point the staff has to start scheming better offense. We are a joke on offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom